Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
Who did you talk to, Ford or the dealer?

If it were me, I would be contacting the dealer every week for updates and reasons. Somebody owes you an explanation and an apology.
I've contacted both and neither seem to have anything helpful or insightful. They've actually reported this stuff happening to other people. So none of us should feel "special" for being treated poorly - it happens to lots of others too.
Sponsored

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I also ordered October 1st and just received an email mine won’t be here until November. No explanation besides unexpected shipping delays.

jennaclon

First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Ext Range AWD (ordered 10/1)
Country flag
Ordered a space white, ext range, premium, AWD on 10/1/21
Build week was 8/29/22
Delivery was supposed to be today (9/29) - 10/5

just called and they said it got pushed back & is now estimated for 10/24

it’s getting comical at this point!
Picked up (slightly earlier then the last estimate) on 10/10

D303007A-CBC1-4B89-8529-0CFBC38FAD7E.jpeg

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I technically ordered my GB Premium on Oct 1st but delayed signing paperwork until the 9th to spread out two orders. I intentionally did not sign the Park Assist Prep form in the spring and kept it stuck in 99 for 1-2 months. This caused the orders to arrive four months apart.

Car arrived Oct 8th... so almost exactly 365 days from ordering.

I much prefer this over the GT PE. I wanted to love the GT PE badly and was certain to abandon this order but the GT PE had too many quirks and was a terrible track car so I decided to save $15K and swap the GT PE for this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures Photo Oct 07 2022, 4 38 09 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures Photo Oct 07 2022, 4 38 24 PM

FenoPhunk

First Name
Jaymin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I picked mine up on July 9th and it is returning to the dealer for service because I have received 3 system warnings twice while driving in the last 2 weeks.

The 3 warnings were:
-Restraints indicator lamp warning
-Pre-collision assist not available
-Powertrain malfunction/reduced power

Both times, the car still drove fine. The first time it happened, my husband thought I got into an accident since he received the alerts on his phone. The alerts did go away after it sat powered off for a while. I am hoping it is an easy fix...

I did install the Thinkware U1000 dashcam system prior to getting these alerts so not sure if that has any factor in the alerts appearing.

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I have a 2023 MME GT with 9k miles. I've had my car at the dealership twice with two different diagnosis and repairs. It's also been in the shop for a drained 12V battery. It's currently sitting at 26 business days at the Ford Dealership. A week ago I received the same error codes again as you have indicated. I'm going to be taking the car back in and if not back after 4 days at the dealership, I will be seeking to lemon the car per Illinois Law.

I'm hoping that I don't have to do this however, if I do, I'm reluctant to get a new of the same (swap) as I fear this will be a constant problem. Curious if there is a solution to this issue that fixes the root cause and not a bandaid that gives me another couple thousand miles before I have to take it in again. Thank you in advance.

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
I ordered my Shadow Black GT on 10/1/2021 by phone with my dealer because the ordering website couldn't finalize the order. Ford confirmed on that day and the process started. I picked it up on 2/10/2022, one of the first 2022s to be driven.

I'm just short of 20k miles. Still has the original HVBJB. The original tires still have plenty of tread (do I drive too conservatively?). Minor interface glitches have come and gone, some repaired by OTAs for the car and for PAAK. It's been driven many 800 and 1000 mile road trips up and down the Atlantic Coast.

Still very happy with my purchase.

Last edited: