Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I think we need to have a thread for happy new Mach-E owners, mostly (but not limited to) the ones that were very upset with the long and unpredicted wait time and became very grumpy in the process. But all these grumpy people shared their pain and frustration, supported each other, and became good virtual friends. I want to see them (and anyone who is happy) here and hope it will help anyone who is still waiting and grumpy.

I'd like to start from this post from @secretvampire

My Ford grumpiness has been abated and my "official" exit from the grumpy thread (I'm still gonna stick around to follow everybody else's experiences :p), it seems absolutely surreal to be actually driving this now after just sitting around reading about it for months and a brief test drive of a Premium model back in March. Was turned over to me with 8.9 miles on the odometer. It's quick as f*&%! and you get to dumb speeds without thinking, it's going to take some getting used to again so I don't get into legal trouble with the smooth power delivery. One of my trade-ins was a 996 Porsche 911 Turbo so I'm used to some speed, the difference being I can actually drive this all the time now. The Turbo was great but not practical most of the time, especially after having started a family some years back, so it wound up sitting way too much.

I love love love the Dark Matter Gray color, looks incredible, I am not personally into bright colored cars. I also really like the copper accents in the standard GT interior, they look great in person, as do the other flourishes on the dash, seats are super comfortable. Had no trouble at all activating in FordPass, setting up my phone or PAAK, I guess we'll see how it goes over time.

Enjoy my crappy pictures with the weird late afternoon lighting and the signs of Fall all around, definitely gives them a mood. Also, enjoy my gutters which need a cleaning.

Not to be a bummer, but my grumpiness was restored within a couple of hours, but not at Ford. I was expecting this news for the most part, but got confirmation my dad has stage 4 cancer, went from having almost no discernible health problems a month or so ago to this. So a bittersweet day overall, hug your loved ones.

14EBD9C9-6844-4530-A41C-5A4391ED2498.jpeg

58EEA459-6FC2-4560-AB7D-3228759550F8.jpeg

92FB590F-C61B-4EAE-A635-7E6D713DEBFE.jpeg

9BACA16C-4869-4413-91A6-F295F2A192E7.jpeg

F18035B5-74CF-4AEC-A38C-018603DDD1CC.jpg
E121815A-9D7E-42D9-A846-7901C4A0480B.jpg

88AE019A-184B-448B-8605-51D9F9391B68.jpg

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Gandalf The Grey (yeah, that's the name I picked for my Iconic Silver MME) came to me last night, so I don't have any good pictures yet. Only this one from the dealer's lot:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now Mach-E

The only problem that I have with it is the sticker on the windshield that was not removed and now I need to scratch off :D

I really love it!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Gandalf The Grey (yeah, that's the name I picked for my Iconic Silver MME) came to me last night, so I don't have any good pictures yet. Only this one from the dealer's lot:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now Mach-E

The only problem that I have with it is the sticker on the windshield that was not removed and now I need to scratch off :D

I really love it!
Congrats amigo! Love it. Grab a razor blade, it’ll fix that sticker in no time

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on the arrival of your new MME!

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Gandalf The Grey (yeah, that's the name I picked for my Iconic Silver MME)
It’s okay man, I went with a LOTR reference in naming mine, too. (Well, if it ever shows up.) I’ll let you know at the big gender reveal party I have planned.

Congrats on the car! What a beaut!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It’s okay man, I went with a LOTR reference in naming mine, too. (Well, if it ever shows up.) I’ll let you know at the big gender reveal party I have planned.

Congrats on the car! What a beaut!
I will judge you if it’s either Arwen or Samwise

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
It’s okay man, I went with a LOTR reference in naming mine, too.
I already had a feeling that we belong to the same karass, now I'm sure.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
#nerdalert
I mean, a good amount of profiles here say "engineer" or something related to IT and we're all geeking out about electric vehicles. I think that goes without saying lol

SeaKayaker4Life

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD in Rapid Red
Occupation
I Do Software
Country flag
One reason I’m happy: I’ve had more comments from strangers about my car in a week than I previously had in my entire life!

Also, since my charger isn’t due to be installed for another week and therefore I’m temporarily relegated to public chargers, I have managed to drive 360 miles without paying a penny for electricity!

SeaKayaker4Life

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD in Rapid Red
Occupation
I Do Software
Country flag
You say that as if it's a good thing.
Hey, at least my mid-life crisis is moving me in the right direction. :)

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
First day of real driving - even went to the office to see how it feels and what kind of consumption I'll get from a regular commute.

Better than I expected, actually. Didn't try to save energy at all. Engaged one pedal driving most of the time.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now 1635361223605

Yesterday installed dash cam, radar detector, and a cargo net
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now 1635360896991

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now 1635360943704

And a cherry on top:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now 1635360999113

It's like a unicorn - very nice to see and very hard to catch :D

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What's that digital display up by where your rear view mirror should be?
Sponsored