Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now

Chargernc

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE premium, Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Nurse Midwife
Country flag
I finally graduated out of the grumpy thread!!! I picked up my beauty last night!! Have only drive 20 miles so far but I am loving every minute of it! PAAK has been working well for me so far! ??
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now D0ED60FA-5530-44C3-A0F8-EA86D8A6BF5D
Sponsored

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
I now have 1500 miles and am ready to buy one for my wife. I think getting a build in October has led to far fewer headaches as I have not had to worry about a OTA update - yet and other features like Carplay, Frunk, etc. work fine.

I'm still keeping an eye on what is coming out this year, but I haven't seen anything that I think would be better than a 2022 MME to complement my 2021!

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Count me among the ex-grumpy, I picked mine up today! No funny business from the dealer, straight-up X-Plan with no dealer installed options. No pressure when I declined extended warranties and other optional stuff. Paperwork was a little slower than I'd like (almost 2 hours from walking in to walking out with the keys), but a pretty stress-free experience. Highly recommend Koons Ford of Silver Spring (MD).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now PXL_20220108_171816911

Timeline for the record:
Order: 5/15/2021, Premium ER RWD
(Alleged) Build Week: 10/18/2021
Build Complete: 11/18/2021
Shipped: 11/18/2021
Arrived KC: 11/29/2021
Delivery Window: 12/23/2021-12/29/2021 (arrived at dealer somewhere in there)
(Pause for 21C36 Recall Twilight Zone)
Final Delivery: 1/8/2022 (Dealer said "come and get it!" on 1/6/2022)

Drove about 150 miles today, between a trip to NoVa to get an EZPass flex transponder, a separate trip up to the Baltimore burbs, and a takeout run. Those took up a little less than 60% of the battery, which implies a range in the 250/260 neighborhood -- not bad considering temps in the 20's and 30s and mostly highway driving. (The GOM when I started said 240.)

Haven't tried too much outside of basic driving, but I love it so far. And those pony puddle lights make me smile every time I see them:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now PXL_20220108_231854836

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now 20220125_122434

New license plate frame, gift to Gandalf for 3 month (and 2K miles) birthday

Last edited:

delacruz.c5d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium eAWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Horrible Golfer that can reboot a computer
Country flag
Also posted this in the OG (Original Grumpy) thread:

Well, it has been a rollercoaster ride.

Ordered 4/17/2021
Production start 10/5/2021
Crickets, 2 chip holds and nothing until...
Car shipped on 12/27/2021!
Received e-mail on 12/29 that my car delivery date was Mid February 2022.
Purchased "non-present" car on 12/31/2021 for tax purposes.
Saw car hit KC depot on 1/11/2022. So far so good.
Received e-mail on 1/17/2022 that my car delivery date was pushed back to mid March 2022

(Lots of swearing and mashing of teeth, and then going through the 12 stages...)

I get a call on 1/27/2022 from my neighbor at the car dealership:
Buddy: Dude...I got some news on the car...
Me: Oh God...now what?
B: It's here.
Me: No.
B: I'm serious.
Me: It can't be.
B: No, I'm serious. It's here at the dealership.
Me: Dude, I'm not in the mood for any funny funny jokes right now.
B: I swear to God, it's here. You can pick it up in a day or two.

WOOOHOOO!

The story goes that the car hit KC, and then was diverted to Michigan for the rear seat belt plate recall. The stack that double delayed my car in the fall (last in, first out) worked to my advantage this time, as my car hit the hold lot and was easily grabbed to perform the retrofit recall part. Ford then quickly got the car on a transport, and got it to the dealer in record time.

....well...record time...after the 8+ month wait...

Turns out the car arrived on 1/26, dealer checked it out, cleaned it, and applied the ceramic coating I ordered on 1/27, and I picked it up today (1/28) during lunch.

YAAAAAAS!

Good luck to the rest of you that haven't received your car! I hope they come soon!

72f9e8b0-0311-468f-b470-7158765676bc-jpg-jpg.jpg

KHwlc317

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Also posted this in the OG (Original Grumpy) thread:

Well, it has been a rollercoaster ride.

Ordered 4/17/2021
Production start 10/5/2021
Crickets, 2 chip holds and nothing until...
Car shipped on 12/27/2021!
Received e-mail on 12/29 that my car delivery date was Mid February 2022.
Purchased "non-present" car on 12/31/2021 for tax purposes.
Saw car hit KC depot on 1/11/2022. So far so good.
Received e-mail on 1/17/2022 that my car delivery date was pushed back to mid March 2022

(Lots of swearing and mashing of teeth, and then going through the 12 stages...)

I get a call on 1/27/2022 from my neighbor at the car dealership:
Buddy: Dude...I got some news on the car...
Me: Oh God...now what?
B: It's here.
Me: No.
B: I'm serious.
Me: It can't be.
B: No, I'm serious. It's here at the dealership.
Me: Dude, I'm not in the mood for any funny funny jokes right now.
B: I swear to God, it's here. You can pick it up in a day or two.

WOOOHOOO!

The story goes that the car hit KC, and then was diverted to Michigan for the rear seat belt plate recall. The stack that double delayed my car in the fall (last in, first out) worked to my advantage this time, as my car hit the hold lot and was easily grabbed to perform the retrofit recall part. Ford then quickly got the car on a transport, and got it to the dealer in record time.

....well...record time...after the 8+ month wait...

Turns out the car arrived on 1/26, dealer checked it out, cleaned it, and applied the ceramic coating I ordered on 1/27, and I picked it up today (1/28) during lunch.

YAAAAAAS!

Good luck to the rest of you that haven't received your car! I hope they come soon!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now 72f9e8b0-0311-468f-b470-7158765676bc-jpg-
Congrats!
My news from Ford tracker is ETA now 4/16, started out at 1/7 - 2/18 so now 4/16.
If that happens it will be almost 11 months since the confirmed order. Have a hard time to believe this is chip related but at this point nothing surprises me.
Enjoy your new ride!

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Really?? o_O
Very happy for you, finally ?
Thank you thank you happy to be here. I love this thing. Too much fun to drive.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now mache1

Not the best pic (and for some reason can't get the second one that's already in the grumpy thread uploaded). But here is proof of life. Planning on getting some cool drone shots when the weather starts getting better. This thing is gorgeous and so much fun to drive. And I'm blown away by all the tech coming from a 15 year old car before this. Totally in love with this car.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
Thank you thank you happy to be here. I love this thing. Too much fun to drive.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now mache1

Not the best pic (and for some reason can't get the second one that's already in the grumpy thread uploaded). But here is proof of life. Planning on getting some cool drone shots when the weather starts getting better. This thing is gorgeous and so much fun to drive. And I'm blown away by all the tech coming from a 15 year old car before this. Totally in love with this car.
Good for you. I'm still waiting, on our DMG, EX, AWD now a 5/18/22 new delivery date. Chip hold.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Good for you. I'm still waiting, on our DMG, EX, AWD now a 5/18/22 new delivery date. Chip hold.
Damn hoping they're just being overly conservative and your baby comes early!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Tesla Model Y order time to delivery: 157 days
Mach-E (multiple) order time to delivery: 131 days and counting (no production dates yet)

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Still Grumpy as my 2022 is built, chip hold BUT thought I would try to get a deal on Tesla Tap from owner. If interested please take poll. They gave TAYCAN owners a 15% discount. Will be posting details. There will be a time limit.
http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=17
Look at prices and if you go to checkout you'll get shipping options, not so high..

Also please take poll at
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-discount-need-at-least-50-to-get-deal.15406/
Sponsored

Last edited: