Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Last edited:

SeaKayaker4Life

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD in Rapid Red
Occupation
I Do Software
Country flag
Today my wife dropped off the baby at daycare and then plugged in at the free charger at her work -- got us up to 85%. Then I picked up my daughter and used 3.7 mi/kWh for the 25-mile trip, half city streets and half interstate. 70 miles with no tailpipe emissions and partially solar-powered!

dbonsett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I mean, a good amount of profiles here say "engineer" or something related to IT and we're all geeking out about electric vehicles. I think that goes without saying lol
I have a Masters in IT. Hoping the tech is good. I gotta a long wait. Order confirmed 2 weeks ago. Gives me time to research.

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Is it good how you run wire to rear camera. Ic it is only 129$ right now
Functionally it's OK, meaning it works. Visually - so-so, wires are visible in some places.
This camera doesn't come with micro-SD card, so it's another $20, but still pretty reasonable.

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Almost a week and almost 300 miles in MME - and I'm still happy.
All the bad things that I've read here about hasn't happened yet.
PAAK works pretty much as designed - car recognizes me a few steps away and turns the lights on, then unlocks the doors with the phone (Galaxy S21) in my pocket. To start the car with 100% certainty, it should be placed on the charging pad (or maybe near it), if it still in the pocket - probably not. Is it a problem - absolutely not.
My default setting - whisper 2 pedal, I use it to go in and out of garage or some parking spots - it still easier for me to control the car in tight areas with the brake pedal. But all the driving is done in engaged 1 pedal.
Charging in home is simple and non-eventful. Tried a public charging at Electrify America and it went smooth - car was recognized, free KWh were used. The only issue was with the charging station touch screen - you can touch all you want, but there was no reaction to any of them.
Random software issues showed up, like silly driving score, but nothing to worry about.
One area where the car exceeded my expectations is the tires - I expected to replace them from very beginning, but I really don't see any reason to do it. Maybe I don't drive as aggressive as I thought, but the tires are staying for now.
So is it perfect? Absolutely not. But it's still a great car.

whadenIV

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GTPE, '02 M3, '11 F-150
Country flag
My update on the GTPE - Still happy also

1 week 439 miles.
Typical driving mode Unbridled 2 pedal.
Getting anywhere from 2.8 to 3.3 mi/kWh mainly commuting on DC Beltway.

Power, Drivability, Utility, seats over all comfort (but see below), Looks, charging speed (level 2 home only), departure time works well. Hill Grab Mode! Sound System - I really like - not an audiophile per se but i love the sound from Spotify Premium on Automatic quality. Screen is good - only using Android Auto so far. Handling is really good for it's heft. Trunk Kick works every time. Looks. Looks. Looks.

It's fine:
PaaK - mostly works. recognizes almost every time but every once in a while won't unlock.
I almost had an OH NO last night parking in an underground garage with no cell signal. PaaK didn't recognize nor unlock from the app. had to use key pad for entry - was scared that it wouldn't start but it did recognize my phone when inside. I'm glad i set my personal door pad code and emergency start code.
Rear/Blind Spot View: It's fine, not great. Blind spot warning works well.
Wind noise: it's fine, not great (see sound system)
Screen Buzz: I think i heard it but (see sound system)
Current Song on small screen: I miss this but not a big deal.
GOM - still short based on mi/kWh history but growing in the right directions. Currently at 208 miles @ 90%

Dislikes,
Seat adjustments. Seriously lacking multiple adjustments for a car this expensive. I like to tilt the front of the seat bottom up, but this isn't available. only up or down. IIRC this wasn't an issue in my Fusion nor my new AMG.
Vented Seats - big miss in this price point.
"This Trip" Glitch(?) : a few times the This Trip feature will add extra miles. On a few morning commutes (36 miles) I ended up with something like 136 miles and a 5.0 mi/kWh (or similar).
Dealer Experience issue: I asked my guy to make sure that all modules were updated, but that was obviously not done when @DevSecOps sent me my "available updates" list.

I have a trip planned for Thankgiving. I'm already stressing about heading into a charger desert. Going from DC to Hinton, WV. If anyone wants to help with routing that could be a fun exercise. I think the elevation is what I'm most worried about. I think my current stops are Stanton then Fisherville then over the mountain to Hinton (final destination is up another mountain to Jumping Branch.)

I'm sure there's more so, AMA.

Last edited:

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Yesterday I was Grumpy....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now IMG_0668

...Today I am not.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Yesterday I was Grumpy....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now IMG_0668

...Today I am not.
Awesome. Congrats!! Yesterday I was supposed to not be grumpy. Still grumpy today

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
Not many new cheerful people in this thread. We are all still stuck in the grumpy thread....

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Not many new cheerful people in this thread. We are all still stuck in the grumpy thread....
I'm happy.....LOVING my Mach E.....was just telling my hubby how much I love the car. So far - all is working - including PAAK.

I do have to take it in Saturday to repair a scratch that transportation put on the rear when delivering....but so far....so good!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I have a Masters in IT. Hoping the tech is good. I gotta a long wait. Order confirmed 2 weeks ago. Gives me time to research.
Me too. You'll find some things make you scratch your head about how they got through initial designā€”much less final QCā€”but overall, I think it's a pretty well done system. Tesla's screens are much prettier, but they're designed for a touchscreen laptop interface with small text and small tap targets that are fine when sitting behind a desk, but not so great as you're bouncing (and you WILL bounce) down the road with an extended arm trying to hit a button. Ford's chunky tap targets and big information panels make more sense for use in a moving vehicle.

You'll be let down by the speed of the OTA releases (I'm still waiting for my first), the speed of the animations, the speed of boot-up...sensing a theme here? The great thing though about Ford's overall UI in this car, both hardware and software, is that someone who ISN'T a tech nerd like we are can still get in the car, figure out how to turn it on, and drive it successfully. Can't always say that about the competition.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Me too. You'll find some things make you scratch your head about how they got through initial designā€”much less final QCā€”but overall, I think it's a pretty well done system. Tesla's screens are much prettier, but they're designed for a touchscreen laptop interface with small text and small tap targets that are fine when sitting behind a desk, but not so great as you're bouncing (and you WILL bounce) down the road with an extended arm trying to hit a button. Ford's chunky tap targets and big information panels make more sense for use in a moving vehicle.

You'll be let down by the speed of the OTA releases (I'm still waiting for my first), the speed of the animations, the speed of boot-up...sensing a theme here? The great thing though about Ford's overall UI in this car, both hardware and software, is that someone who ISN'T a tech nerd like we are can still get in the car, figure out how to turn it on, and drive it successfully. Can't always say that about the competition.
If you drive into town and pass Malloy, you can see my happiness waiting in their little display building.
Sponsored