Thread for people who used to be grumpy but have gotten their Mach-E's and happy now

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
The only thing that really makes me grumpy right now is that I don't get to drive the car enough. I work from home, so I don't drive every day.
My wife has her own car (a Mini Countryman). She and I used to trade driving if we were all going somewhere, but since getting the Mach-E, I want to drive all the time, just so I can spend more time behind the wheel of my new toy. I don't think she minds, and I know my son loves riding in it.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
The only thing that really makes me grumpy right now is that I don't get to drive the car enough. I work from home, so I don't drive every day.
My wife has her own car (a Mini Countryman). She and I used to trade driving if we were all going somewhere, but since getting the Mach-E, I want to drive all the time, just so I can spend more time behind the wheel of my new toy. I don't think she minds, and I know my son loves riding in it.
I work from home too but somehow I've managed to rack up 650 miles in a week

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I've had the car for just over a month and only have 625 miles total.
At this point you just need to make excuses to go places. Your spouse needs something from the store? Go to the next town to get it lol

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I configured Waze to use the longest route...

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
I configured Waze to use the longest route...
I went to an event the other night. One the way there, Waze gave me a really empty and winding route to avoid the freeway due to traffic.
On the way home, it was freeway all the way. Although the winding route was a tiny bit longer, I got way better performance. 5 mi/kWh on the way there vs 3 mi/kWh on the way home according to driving data in FordPass. A bit of an elevation change too (about 600 feet downhill total), so that might also have had some effect.
However, I did get to use BlueCruise on the way home, so there's that.

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I looked at my trip efficiency while waiting for the green light, and it was 3.1. After taking off, it changed to 2.6.

All I care about is that there are no cars in front of me when I'm waiting for this green light.

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
By the way, I'm even loving PAAK. It is working fine for me. I have officially removed the Fob from my key chain and haven't missed it yet. I don't know if it has to do with the more recent build having software up-to-date, but I am definitely not grumpy!

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
By the way, I'm even loving PAAK. It is working fine for me. I have officially removed the Fob from my key chain and haven't missed it yet. I don't know if it has to do with the more recent build having software up-to-date, but I am definitely not grumpy!
I haven’t had any significant issues with PAAK either, iPhone 13 pro max with software up to date. I have used it exclusively for about a week and I drive a lot. So far the only thing that happens is it displays key not detected for about 30 seconds from time to time but doesn’t prevent any of the functions of the car. Crossing my fingers it stays this good!

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
I haven’t had any significant issues with PAAK either, iPhone 13 pro max with software up to date. I have used it exclusively for about a week and I drive a lot. So far the only thing that happens is it displays key not detected for about 30 seconds from time to time but doesn’t prevent any of the functions of the car. Crossing my fingers it stays this good!
Continuing on PAAK:
I am still using it and the only issues I have are to be expected with Bluetooth connections. It works always if I have the FordPass app open on the phone, but if it is in my pocket it sometimes takes a few seconds to unlock the car. I usually put the phone on the charge pad to make sure the key is recognized, but I still have the same issue that you mention about the Key not detected message.

Also, I find the foot sensor on the liftgate doesn't always work when the phone is in my pocket. Kind of defeats the purpose of no-hands liftgate, but a minor nit in the scheme of things.

RedAero42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD, Star White
Country flag
I just graduated from the grumpy thread last Friday, so glad to be here. It's my wife's car though and just got to drive it for the first time today... Lots of fun.

Note on our Star White -- I had to clay bar and work a super light polish to get rid of all the junk on the paint (I guess because of all the waiting around it did) and man it shines now!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well I’m kinda grumpy now but not because I don’t have a car but because I can’t drive it as often. We sold our house and closed on it 2 days ago. The house we bought, we can’t close until the 14th of Jan. We’re living in a hotel until then and the part of the world I’m in isn’t very EV friendly so the nearest charger is 20 minutes away. Now my poor car sits outside like some commoner
Sponsored