Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
First....I can't help it, but the low speed pedestrian noise and backup sound are really quite annoying. A neighbor remarked to me also "I thought electric cars were silent, that thing makes more noise than my truck". I have to agree. The noise is much more intrusive than the warning noises on my 2019 Leaf.

I am really really contemplating about putting the car up on ramps and finding and disconnecting that speaker that makes the noises. I guess it is a law that they have to put those on the vehicle but I cannot find where it is a law that I have to keep them enables. Wish there was a switch to turn them off.

Second...No matter what I set it to charge to it is charging to 100% each time...guess there is something I have not figured out.

Love the way the car drives even if the tires are too skinny......
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Theres a thread on the pedestrian alert. Some have put cardboard inbetween the speaker and speaker grille, you could also unplug it and put a resistor inline. It will give a warning on the dash if you just leave it unplugged.

For the charge times, you have checked the location and made sure you're setting it at the specific location?

Reactions: UW2

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Best of luck with the noise maker. I attempted to fill the void between the grille and the speaker with paper, but it just made the infernal thing LOUDER...

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I put a piece of insulation in my speaker i sure love it now. Can only hear a small beep if the windows are open.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I find the low pitched sci-fi hum kind of neat. As for the reverse beeper, itā€™s not loud enough to be super annoying in the cabin and itā€™s a lot less annoying than the reverse beeps that commercial vehicles have! All in all, Iā€™ll take the reverse beeper over some irate pet owner whoā€™s off leash pet stupidly ran under my moving car, then accused me of being at fault for having a car that didnā€™t make a sound to deter their pet!

okunney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I get it but I would hate to be on the end of someone hurt by a backup when they do a vehicle inspection and find out you intentionally disabled a safety feature. That will help them get a lot more money.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Not so much everyone around them as it is those around them who think they can walk through a parking lot with their nose buried in their phone.