Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
My dog -HATES- the backup sound. If my wife takes the car really early in the morning, there is barking heard throughout the house. If I'm backing the car out for something, barking. It's like attack of the Amazon Prime delivery vehicles in my dog's mind.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The sounds are annoying, but I truly appreciate that they are there.

I have a family member whose vision is like looking through a tiny, blurry pinhole. She'd probably appreciate the warning that a nearby multi-ton vehicle may be moving.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
We can let Darwin win (no j/k).
but for Darwin to win not only would we have to disable pedestrian alert annoyances, I mean noises, we would also have to turn off collision avoidance which will apply the brakes for me before I hit something. I’m good with one of two safety features. The redundancy is redundantly redundant.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I pulled off the pedestrian sound speaker cover. There is an inside piece in the cover you can remove. I then cut three small layers (round) of 1/8 inch neoprene rubber and laid those in the outside cover and screwed it back together leaving the inside plastic screen out. You can just barely hear the backup and pedestrian alert noise now. Much less obnoxious. From the outside you can't tell I did anything to it and it still makes some sound.....just much quieter.

BradCA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Lexus CT200h
Country flag
First....I can't help it, but the low speed pedestrian noise and backup sound are really quite annoying. A neighbor remarked to me also "I thought electric cars were silent, that thing makes more noise than my truck". I have to agree. The noise is much more intrusive than the warning noises on my 2019 Leaf.

I am really really contemplating about putting the car up on ramps and finding and disconnecting that speaker that makes the noises. I guess it is a law that they have to put those on the vehicle but I cannot find where it is a law that I have to keep them enables. Wish there was a switch to turn them off.

Second...No matter what I set it to charge to it is charging to 100% each time...guess there is something I have not figured out.

Love the way the car drives even if the tires are too skinny......
Not a good idea to disable these important safety features. Blind people will have no idea that you are approaching them if the car is silent. And of course, if you do hit someone, you will probably get sued. And lose. And probably have to pay punitive damages. Which aren’t covered by insurance.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
???

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
The number of times I am able to sneak up to people in the car and they jump when they turn to see a car beside them. The safety stuff is very needed! I find I need to use the horn ? at intersections at times. People cross in front of me when I have a green light!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The number of times I am able to sneak up to people in the car and they jump when they turn to see a car beside them. The safety stuff is very needed! I find I need to use the horn ? at intersections at times. People cross in front of me when I have a green light!
it feels like the front pedestrian signal is a tightrope act a bit, because we know there's one at low speed but not when stopped, probably because it would be really unworkable to have it every time you stopped at a light or stop sign... but clearly something would be nice.

might be an excuse for Ford to add fake V8 sounds. they licensed the Harley Davidson name for an F-150 trim, maybe they can get the ??? sound. ?

(I thought the F-150 actually had licensed that sound somehow but I'm not finding evidence now.)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
it feels like the front pedestrian signal is a tightrope act a bit, because we know there's one at low speed but not when stopped, probably because it would be really unworkable to have it every time you stopped at a light or stop sign... but clearly something would be nice.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the pedestrian sound still plays when stopped as long as you leave it in Drive.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the pedestrian sound still plays when stopped as long as you leave it in Drive.
hmm. that doesn't completely track with people crossing in front of the car but it could be pedestrian distraction. the sound is quiet enough that I'm not sure I've heard it more than once.

I can still want the car to make ??? sounds in any event. ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
hmm. that doesn't completely track with people crossing in front of the car but it could be pedestrian distraction. the sound is quiet enough that I'm not sure I've heard it more than once.

I can still want the car to make ??? sounds in any event. ?
Yeah, could be distraction. My vehicle definitely has a sound going while in drive at 0 mph.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
First....I can't help it, but the low speed pedestrian noise and backup sound are really quite annoying. A neighbor remarked to me also "I thought electric cars were silent, that thing makes more noise than my truck". I have to agree. The noise is much more intrusive than the warning noises on my 2019 Leaf.

I am really really contemplating about putting the car up on ramps and finding and disconnecting that speaker that makes the noises. I guess it is a law that they have to put those on the vehicle but I cannot find where it is a law that I have to keep them enables. Wish there was a switch to turn them off.

Second...No matter what I set it to charge to it is charging to 100% each time...guess there is something I have not figured out.

Love the way the car drives even if the tires are too skinny......
I would caution you to not do that in terms of eliminating the noise. If you do that and you hit someone who says they never heard you coming, theres a real good chance that you could be personally liable for any damages. I know I would make the argument that's reckless behavior. It's undoubtedly negligent, but why I think it's reckless is you know there is a law that requires these quiet vehicles to make noise at low levels of speed to protect the public from being hit, you remove that safety precaution and it causes someone to get hit. That's knowing a risk and not just ignoring it, but rather actively making it riskier. Like anything else, you'll get used to it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I pulled off the pedestrian sound speaker cover. There is an inside piece in the cover you can remove. I then cut three small layers (round) of 1/8 inch neoprene rubber and laid those in the outside cover and screwed it back together leaving the inside plastic screen out. You can just barely hear the backup and pedestrian alert noise now. Much less obnoxious. From the outside you can't tell I did anything to it and it still makes some sound.....just much quieter.
Are you guys muting the both speakers or just the one up front?
Sponsored