Three extremely random questions…..

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I plugged my car in at some public chargers near the office and it was very cold out. So upon leaving work, I decided to try to do some remote cabin preconditioning before arriving at the car and unplugging.

I opened FordPass and quickly realized that I don’t know how to do that. I’ve driven this car 10,000 miles and I’ve never had a need. So I used the remote start thinking that might let me turn on the heat or something. Nope. So is it not possible to use FP to turn on the heater unless I jump through the hoops of setting up departure settings?

Next question, when I arrived at the car it was indeed on, but in a guest profile. I don’t think the car has ever failed to start with my profile before. Did remote start do this?

Final question, I noticed that my odometer is no longer displaying a decimal point! Was that caused by some sort of bug with the remote start? Or the profile getting mucked up? It’s back on my profile now but no decimal point. And my car did just roll over 10k - does the decimal disappear when that happens? Am I nuts and there never was a decimal?

Ugh finally one more question: anybody with 1.7 having problems with Apple CarPlay turn by turn directions getting stuck at 0mi on the driver display? The only way to get it off the driver display is to start and cancel a new nav session.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You lose the decimal at 10,000 miles.
Remote start uses a default profile so if you have your profile tied to one of the 1 programmable switches on the door then press that and it will return to your setting.
If you leave the climate in Auto then the cabin will precondition when remote started. Seat and steering wheel warmers will come on as well if you have that feature and they are set to Auto as well.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Additionally, there are setting in the big screen for Climate control behavior with remote start. The choices are “remember last settings” or auto. I recommend auto as it will heat when cold out and cool when hot out.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well that answers all my questions except the 1.7 bug. Thank you! Weird losing the decimal at 10k.

So I can change a setting to put my car into auto hvac when I use remote start? That might do the trick. I’ll have to study that.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don’t use CarPlay. Sorry.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
anybody with 1.7 having problems with Apple CarPlay turn by turn directions getting stuck at 0mi on the driver display?
When I opened Apple Maps, and then decided to switch to Google Maps, the instrument cluster sometimes would show 0 mi. Since there’s no support for Google Maps anyways, this doesn’t bother me much. I haven’t figured out under what circumstances that 0mi shows up, but I never really tried.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
If you leave the climate in Auto then the cabin will precondition when remote started. Seat and steering wheel warmers will come on as well if you have that feature and they are set to Auto as well.
Do the steering wheel and seat warmers always come on in this scenario? I certainly don't want that when it's 85 degrees out.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do the steering wheel and seat warmers always come on in this scenario? I certainly don't want that when it's 85 degrees out.
Page 118 of the manual says this only happens “during cold weather.” It doesn’t specify what constitutes cold weather.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yes they will.....if it is cold outside. They won't come on if the ambient temps are 85. That is too warm to activate the "automatic" feature for the seat and wheel warmers.

I don't know what the temp threshold is that activates the warmers......my guess is if the cabin temp is below the desired temp set in the climate control then the seats and perhaps the wheel will activate. It seems pretty smart though. As summer ended and the cooler temps began to arrive the heated seats would activate in 1 bar mode. As it became cooler and cooler each morning, the seat would automatically turn on with 2 bars and the steering wheel may or may not turn on. 3 bars with seat always seems to include the steering wheel in auto mode.
Sponsored