Status
Not open for further replies.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m a little bit surprised the delivery windows are still all over the place. It was like this when deliveries first started and in the final few months before first deliveries began when Fall 2020 became Winter 2021. Maybe it’s inherent to the car building process, but usually invisible to most people since the Mach-E is unusual where most people are putting special orders for them rather than picking them up from dealer lots?
Sponsored

OP
OP
troublebot

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I’m a little bit surprised the delivery windows are still all over the place. It was like this when deliveries first started and in the final few months before first deliveries began when Fall 2020 became Winter 2021. Maybe it’s inherent to the car building process, but usually invisible to most people since the Mach-E is unusual where most people are putting special orders for them rather than picking them up from dealer lots?
I suspect it's been complicated by the launch of the Bronco (aggressively, I've seen 10x the number of those as MMEs and they started hitting the road months afterward), the electric F150 (preorders like gangbusters) and the beginning of production for the GT. While I know those are all fairly well silo'd and being run out of different factories (except for the MME GT), that's a lot for Ford to be tackling all at once, particularly the global part supply situation and the resurgence of the pandemic.

For several months it seems like deliveries were pretty smooth, most people seemed to be getting their cars weeks early. Then sometime early June, a wrench fell into the works.

But all it would cost Ford is an e-mail to customers saying "Hey, this stuff is really hard right now, we're doing our best to get your car to you but we're running short on <sample parts> and it's taking extra time." and I think most people would be understanding. Still a bit annoyed, but understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.