OP
Bottle

Bottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Dayum I'm getting ripped apart for an honest mistake ?. I wanted an electric Stang like the rest of u. I take responsibility for my inaction but juggling 7 incentives is tough and I'm not leaving $5k on the table.

I'm kind of a Tesla fanboy but I'm also a Ford fanboy. My last car was a 2012 Focus, the one that people got money back from for the TCM lawsuit..

Not putting a dealership on blast but someone asked: AMF, Airport Marina Ford, adiós.. Black select

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
If I were the dealership I would be happy to see this guy walk...seems like he is would be more trouble as a customer than it is worth. It almost seems like he is trolling.

OP
OP
Bottle

Bottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Y would I make an account on a forum and reserve a car 15 months ago just to troll (who exactly?) today? If anything I'm trolling myself by proclaiming my ineptitude. Sorry I'm new to buying EVs ?

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Y would I make an account on a forum and reserve a car 15 months ago just to troll (who exactly?) today? If anything I'm trolling myself by proclaiming my ineptitude. Sorry I'm new to buying EVs ?
Maybe you're a sleeper agent, like in Telefon, who gets activated by "your Mach-E is here" phrase ;)

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
People are probably being excessively hard on you. I was kind of teasing about the punctuation and too many acronyms because it has always been a pet peeve of mine. I probably shouldn't have been that rough on you.

In reality I think it is odd to reserve a vehicle knowing you aren't willing to pay full price. It's one thing to reserve it and hope to be able to get a bunch of incentives when the time comes, but you can't seriously depend on getting every incentive possible when you can't even take possession of the car for over a year. For all you knew, some incentives would be canceled or the price of the car would increase in the interim.

In summary... I don't understand why you ordered a car that you were never prepared to pay for. I hope that when you order the model 3 you are more realistic. Either buy one from that's already available at the showroom so you can confirm all discounts prior to signing, or be prepared to pay the full price BEFORE placing your order to have one built to your specifications.

If you order the car to be built to your specifications, when you actually get your car you can think of any incentives you get as bonus money as opposed to money owed to you or money you needed in order to complete the purchase.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Everyone had all the time in the world to make sure they would get the maximum benefits from the dealer, state programs, federal programs, and local programs. My personal goal is to get at least 12K in total rebates and grants off of the car.
I'm at about -
$1500 rebate for CA clean energy instant rebate (or whatever the new program is called)
$2600 incentives for "Ford Options"
$2000 California Rebate
$650 or so for Xplan
$500 Ford Customer Service credit that a rep gave me(dont ask me why I have no idea)
$7500 Fed Tax Rebate

Total-$14750- Not a bad haul!

OP
OP
Bottle

Bottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Yeah I had 6/7 (no FTC cause I'm a peasant, too late for CVAP) said incentives accounted for and my auto loan approved. Im a numbers guy, literally a math instructor. Growing pains i guess.

As for Y v E it was a no brainer for me. The E is more refined, pretty much same range and they discontinued the base Y months ago (only to bring it back this year). Then Tesla kept slashing prices and increasing range. Then again build issues lead to trust issues. I wouldn't consider any Tesla other than 3 for now.

Whoever adopts my pony pls let her know her genetic father loves her very much and take good care of her.

Last edited:

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm at about -
$1500 rebate for CA clean energy instant rebate (or whatever the new program is called)
$2000 California Rebate
$650 or so for Xplan
$500 Ford Customer Service credit that a rep gave me(dont ask me why I have no idea)
$7500 Fed Tax Rebate

You are my hero...... I'm about 13 k on a 4
I'm at about -
$2000 California Rebate
$650 or so for Xplan
$7500 Fed Tax Rebate

Your my hero....Im at $ 13K on a $48500 MME - I'm sure Im missing something.

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This Is not F'd Up. It's not the dealer in this case. I've dealt with bad dealers and know there are plenty around. But the example you gave is not one.

Here's my take on the incentives.

I don't qualify for the California Vehicle Assistance Program. I do qualify for a bunch of the rest.

I have the X Plan from Ford because I bought some stock and added to it when I saw the MME. I have my pin for when I purchase it, probably sometime in the next week or 10 days. From what I've seen, it may be worth $800 to $900 on my vehicle but for the sake of this discussion, call it $800.

I qualify for the California Clean Fuel Reward when I purchase my MME. I checked with my dealer and they will apply it when I buy the vehicle. It's worth $1500

I will qualify for the California Clean Vehicle Rebate and know that I need to apply right after purchase. All the paperwork needs to be sent in within 14 days of applying and it's worth $2000 provided funds are still available. I'm relatively certain there's plenty of funds available.

I also qualify for the Federal $7500 tax credit and will take the credit with next years taxes.

I just heard about $2500 off from Ford Credit and asked my dealer about it. I'm not counting on it because I don't know the terms and it sounds too good to be true. The salesman hadn't heard of it.

Adding up the items I am counting on it comes to a nice cool $11800. I've been saving up money for the down payment and have a buyer who will give me my price on my current car, a Ford Fusion Energi. This is my first electric car but not my first car. I've been waiting for a car like this for 10+ years.

I've been retired with a pension for 12 years. I don't have a 401K and my IRA is very small. My 403b is there in lieu of long term care insurance. It's not there to buy a car. But I have plenty of income to be able to purchase either the MME or the Model Y.

I like the Tesla's tech but I'm very leery of their customer service and honesty. Which isn't to say that Ford is always a truthteller, but my experience with my dealer tells me that I'm dealing with good folks. I've tried other dealers and they weren't so good. The experience of many Tesla owners makes me very leery of them.

An example that seems to escape a lot of Tesla fans is that the stated range on their cars has not been achieved by any of the reviewers I've read or watched. The stated range on the MME has been achieved by nearly all of the reviewers I've read or watched. Looking at the real world of comparable cars, the MME does very well. Tesla has other well publicized problems. The biggest problem I've seen with the MME is that the charging network has problems. Ok. When Tesla started, they had some problems. Tesla has a more mature network but the Ford Pass network is growing rapidly and I expect that it will compete very nicely in a year or two as there are a lot of big companies with big money to make sure it gets a whole lot better.

If you need the vehicle assistance program, it would be best to take the extra time to read as much as you can about both cars before buying. Both cars have some things that need to be improved. Both cars are excellent choices at this time. By the time you're approved for the CVAP, there may be even better choices. In any case, I applaud your willingness to buy an electric car. I'm sure you'll make the decision that's not only best for you but best for the environment.

Best of Luck!

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I'm at about -
$2000 California Rebate
$650 or so for Xplan
$7500 Fed Tax Rebate

Don't forget your $500 deposit. At this point it's been gone for so long for all of us that it will feel like a rebate!

Reactions: DBC

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm at about -
$2000 California Rebate
$650 or so for Xplan
$7500 Fed Tax Rebate

Make sure your deposit is accounted for as well, ($500).

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
I'm at about -
$2000 California Rebate
$650 or so for Xplan
$7500 Fed Tax Rebate

You're all fortunate. In Florida, the state incentives total a whopping ZERO. Florida Power & Light has no benefits or incentives either. Unlike most of the country Ford Options incentive is capped at $1000 (why?). So, I've got Xplan and federal tax rebate. That's it. And, if you had 15 months to figure out your rebates/credits and you are only figuring it out the day your Mach E is delivered, you'll certainly get no pity from us Floridians who continue to wait for our cars (reserved on launch, ordered in June) and match your rebates with hard cash deposits.