Time to dealer (San Jose) once shipped

Cybrdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Extended (shipped)
Country flag
Mache-E Premium RWD Extended

Ordered 2/12, built 6/29, and shipped 07/31.

Average time to dealer in San Jose once shipped (Convoy)? :)
Sponsored

RailBlazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 2 MME
Country flag
My car shipped by rail back in November of 2021 so got to go through the whole pals app fun. It arrived at the dealer on day predicted by the web pages available on this forum that mined the lower level data provided by Ford. Just don't get your hopes up that it will be any earlier than that and realize it could still be later.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Mache-E Premium RWD Extended

Ordered 2/12, built 6/29, and shipped 07/31.

Average time to dealer in San Jose once shipped (Convoy)? :)
Ordered 12/21, built 7/6, shipped 8/2 (convoy) and was still put on a train, Ford said delivery window 7/31-8/6 (no car yesterday 🤬) and no email from Ford, as they promised, if change in delivery date, Frontier Ford SJ tells me delivery 8/19.. we'll see.

Last edited:

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
About a month from shipping date to delivery. My GTPE was shipped from the factory on 7/2/22 and arrived at my dealer on 7/26/22.

Of course there are some cars that take a lot longer, but one month seems to be the rule of thumb.

OP
OP

Cybrdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks dude. About what I am hearing. Our cars have similar ship dates. I will check-in with Capital Ford today.

Chintala

First Name
ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ordered 12/21, built 7/6, shipped 8/2 (convoy) and was still put on a train, Ford said delivery window 7/31-8/6 (no car yesterday 🤬) and no email from Ford, as they promised, if change in delivery date, Frontier Ford SJ tells me delivery 8/19.. we'll see.
Thanks. Mine is similar built/ship date as you to the same dealer. I am just eagerly waiting like everyon.

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
I was built on 7/2 and shipped on 8/2 with an estimated delivery date of 8/3-8/9. Ford Chat told me it's on a railcar KCS which likely means its headed to Kansas City. It passed through Laredo on 8/6. From @machesan it looks like our train is scheduled for arrival in Kansas City on 8/11: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/6-20-22-build-week-gang.17381/page-63#post-483324

From there it's a question of whether it is a train or truck. If it is a truck, the fastest I'm guessing it can arrive is 8/14 (assuming the truck drivers only drive ~12 hours a day) but more likely it'll be 8/15 or later.

Based on how many people here have been delayed, it is more likely that they will be using a train to send all of our cars. It looks like most Bay Area cars pass through Richmond, CA. From the 5/23 build week gang it looks like it took Bay Area folks ~1 month to get from shipped to Richmond. Assuming we are on the same track it's likely to take at least another 3 weeks before we get our cars.

I'm just hoping for arrival before the beginning of September at this point.

OP
OP

Cybrdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the update dude. I was in the dealer today (they said train heading through Midwest). According to them, South Bay Dealers train drops cars at Oakland Port, then truck to San Jose. Richmond or Oakland -- we are excellent shape..

I also received an email from Ford an hour ago with updated delivery window of 8/11 to 8/17. Your info, dealer info, and email I received -- nearly in sync. :)

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
My delivery window also just updated this evening to 8/11-8/17 on the website.

OP
OP

Cybrdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome -- appears we are very close. Thanks for sharing the update. :)

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Ask the dealer to print you a Vehicle Visibility Report VVR. It gives you down to the train car number where your car is. There are tracking phone numbers you can hack into which tell you where that train car is live so you can know. I did this with my car delivered in October 21 to Sunnyvale Ford.

Once your car reaches Port of Richmond, it sits for about 7 days or less until they hook it up to a car transport to lug it to your dealer. All told it is 3-4 weeks from MX to the Bay Area, with the last 3 generally being a domestic train from Kansas City to Richmond, then a car transport to your dealer.

OP
OP

Cybrdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ask the dealer to print you a Vehicle Visibility Report VVR. It gives you down to the train car number where your car is. There are tracking phone numbers you can hack into which tell you where that train car is live so you can know. I did this with my car delivered in October 21 to Sunnyvale Ford.

Once your car reaches Port of Richmond, it sits for about 7 days or less until they hook it up to a car transport to lug it to your dealer. All told it is 3-4 weeks from MX to the Bay Area, with the last 3 generally being a domestic train from Kansas City to Richmond, then a car transport to your dealer.

Already using trackers. Just checking to see the status of the others as we receive the same with email with same delivery window. :)

OP
OP

Cybrdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My delivery window also just updated this evening to 8/11-8/17 on the website.
Talk to Ford today (Corporate). Our cars are in Kansas City and have been off-loaded, waiting for next rail. Our cars will go straight the Oakland Port, then truck to South Bay. Capital Ford is confirming the final leg to California.

Here is the info on the railcar that transported the cars to KC.

Railcar Number: AOK501904
Kansas City Railway

Stay tuned.

OP
OP

Cybrdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Talk to Ford today (Corporate). Our cars are in Kansas City and have been off-loaded, waiting for next rail. Our cars will go straight the Oakland Port, then truck to South Bay. Capital Ford is confirming the final leg to California.

Here is the info on the railcar that transported the cars to KC.

Railcar Number: AOK501904
Kansas City Railway

Stay tuned.
Was just at the dealer. They allowed me to see the tracking system.

-- Currently in Richards Missouri on Ramp 6R - arrived on the 12th.

-- From experience, they say it will load soon or may have left already. There is usually a two days delay on updates.

-- They are avoiding the port of Oakland and Richmond as the strike situation is too volatile. The last two shipments of Mach-E were routed to Oregon (and arrived early due to avoiding port), then truck convoy to Dealer. Delivery date is 8/11 - 8/18. Delivery is possible if the rail has left already (Burlington Rail) -- we are in good shape. If not, could be a few days to a week or two.

I will drop in on Tuesday to see if the update has changed. If it shows on rail, it could have left between Saturday and Monday. If not update, still in Richards.

Stay tuned.
Sponsored

Last edited: