Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
United Road is showing my VIN now. Does it mean that the car is in Richmond and getting ready to go to the dealer?

@LeWe is your VIN showing up too?
My VIN shows up now! I think it just means our dealer is going to be using United Road to get the vehicles shipped from Richmond. Not sure if it implies that it has actually arrived. For that we need to track the railcar via BNSF.
Sponsored

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The whole process at Future Ford of Concord was painless and smooth. Patelco tried to raise the rate on the financing, but FF was able to get a rate under 4% with Safe America credit Union so kudos to them.

financing
Ford Mustang Mach-E Time to dealer (San Jose) once shipped MachE

DarkMatterMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Country flag
Update for @atpaks @LeWe

Just off with Ford chat, despite being assigned a railcar number, my vehicle has not left the Argentine depot yet.

Deposit at dealership: 11/29
Confirmation from Ford: 1/7
Built: 7/12
Shipped: 8/2
Delivery: 8/5-8/12, 9/9-9/17, 10/9-10/15, 10/19-10/25

Timeline:
  • 8/2 - Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO.
  • 10/3 - Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS.
  • 10/11 - Checked with Ford Chat. We do not have a railcar assigned.
  • 10/18 - Ford Chat confirmed that the vehicle has not left Argentine as of yesterday.

This is beyond frustrating to the point where I'm not sure how I'll be able to keep my composure upon delivery. I try to keep in mind it isn't really anyone's "fault" but this entire process leaves a very bitter taste, and the lack of communication/transparency across the board is something Ford needs to address immediately if they want to maintain a customer base.

Last edited:

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
Update for @atpaks @LeWe

Just off with Ford chat, despite being assigned a railcar number, my vehicle has not left the Argentine depot yet.

Timeline:
  • 10/18 - Ford Chat confirmed that the vehicle has not left Argentine as of yesterday.

This is beyond frustrating to the point where I'm not sure how I'll be able to keep my composure upon delivery. I try to keep in mind it isn't really anyone's "fault" but this entire process leaves a very bitter taste, and the lack of communication/transparency across the board is something Ford needs to address immediately if they want to maintain a customer base.
Man that's a looooong wait in MO. I think cars really don't like leaving either the MX plant or MO/KS.

Have you tried reaching out to Ford corporate via Twitter or phone? 2.5 months without any movement and updates is definitely not acceptable. Also, did chat know that the train did not leave Argentine? They generally provide the status that is provided in the VVR and don't know if the car has or hasn't left a location. I'm guessing and hoping that it is just that they don't have a newer update and hence they are saying the car is in KS.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
My VIN shows up now! I think it just means our dealer is going to be using United Road to get the vehicles shipped from Richmond. Not sure if it implies that it has actually arrived. For that we need to track the railcar via BNSF.
On the united site, what is the status? `Pending Pickup` is what we want, that confirms it is in Richmond. The reason I am saying this is because I remember my VIN being on United Road even before it was anywhere close to Richmond

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Update for @atpaks @LeWe

Timeline:

Hi DarkMatterMachE,

From what I understand, there's no way to for Ford Chat to track the status of the railcar from Argentine to Richmond. Ford Chat can only tell you when the railcar has arrived in Richmond. Instead, you must use one of the following methods to find the latest status of the railcar:

One way is to donate and ask @emersonsdad as described here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/bnsf-burlington-northern-santa-fe-rail-tracking.15402/

The other is to use the Norfolk Southern automated system as described here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/🧭-mach-e-build-tracking-links.10130/

Not sure how your car shipped on 8/2 and arrived to Richards-gebaur on the same day. But mine shipped on the same day and arrived at Richards-gebaur on 8/12 and sat there until 10/7 when it was moved to Argentine. On 10/11 it got assigned a railcar number and I haven't checked since.

Last edited:

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Big news! My car arrived at Frontier Ford this morning and they called to let me know that they'll need a few hours to get it ready.

One thing that surprised me was that they needed me to fill out additional DMV paperwork. I had already bought the car before it had arrived so I'm not sure what's this about. Can anyone share what forms they filled out upon pickup?

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
Big news! My car arrived at Frontier Ford this morning and they called to let me know that they'll need a few hours to get it ready.

One thing that surprised me was that they needed me to fill out additional DMV paperwork. I had already bought the car before it had arrived so I'm not sure what's this about. Can anyone share what forms they filled out upon pickup?
That's awesome news @LeWe .

Did you happen to check with Ford chat regarding any updates? For me, they are still telling me that the last update is the one from 10/11 and I just noticed that my delivery window got moved to 10/25-10/31 from 10/19-10/24. Wondering if there's a chance that the vehicle might have arrived without having an updated status on the Ford systems.

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
That's awesome news @LeWe .

Did you happen to check with Ford chat regarding any updates? For me, they are still telling me that the last update is the one from 10/11 and I just noticed that my delivery window got moved to 10/25-10/31 from 10/19-10/24. Wondering if there's a chance that the vehicle might have arrived without having an updated status on the Ford systems.
I got the delivered email that says, "Complete your Mustang Mach-E purchase." And on the website it says to complete the purchase process.

My order tracker page looks like this now:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Time to dealer (San Jose) once shipped Screenshot_20221022_110834_Samsung Internet

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
I wanted to post my whole timeline for the delivery since it took a while and I was tracking really closely until the end.

• 7/2 - Car was built and I got my first delivery estimate of 3 weeks.
  • 7/7 - Awaiting Shipment at Ramp 5J, Lecheria Cuap, EM.
  • 8/2 - Got a shipped email from Ford. Ford Chat soon reported a Kansas City Southern (KCS) railcar.
  • 8/6 - In Transit through Laredo, TX. This is likely the customs border check.
  • 8/12 - Received at Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO.
  • 10/7 - Received at Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS via Jack Cooper Transport.
  • 10/11 - Shipped via Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co (BNSF) railcar.
  • 10/21 - According to emersonsdad it hit Richmond on this day.
  • 10/22 - Got the call this morning from the dealership.
I'm writing this post while sitting in the dealership waiting for them to complete the pre-delivery inspection (apparently takes 2-3 hours). I asked them not to detail or clean the car to speed things up. Apparently the last bit of paperwork is the temporary plates that I'll do right before getting the car.

Road2Nowhere

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE - Select
Country flag
I wanted to post my whole timeline for the delivery since it took a while and I was tracking really closely until the end.

• 7/2 - Car was built and I got my first delivery estimate of 3 weeks.
  • 7/7 - Awaiting Shipment at Ramp 5J, Lecheria Cuap, EM.
  • 8/2 - Got a shipped email from Ford. Ford Chat soon reported a Kansas City Southern (KCS) railcar.
  • 8/6 - In Transit through Laredo, TX. This is likely the customs border check.
  • 8/12 - Received at Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO.
  • 10/7 - Received at Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS via Jack Cooper Transport.
  • 10/11 - Shipped via Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co (BNSF) railcar.
  • 10/21 - According to emersonsdad it hit Richmond on this day.
  • 10/22 - Got the call this morning from the dealership.
I'm writing this post while sitting in the dealership waiting for them to complete the pre-delivery inspection (apparently takes 2-3 hours). I asked them not to detail or clean the car to speed things up. Apparently the last bit of paperwork is the temporary plates that I'll do right before getting the car.
So exciting for you! Thanks for the detailed timeline. It's giving me hope. Enjoy your car!
Sponsored