lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Big news! My car arrived at Frontier Ford this morning and they called to let me know that they'll need a few hours to get it ready.

One thing that surprised me was that they needed me to fill out additional DMV paperwork. I had already bought the car before it had arrived so I'm not sure what's this about. Can anyone share what forms they filled out upon pickup?
Congratulations! I also picked my Premium ER last night!!

For the DMV paperwork, the only one I see is the `Vehicle Transfer and Reassignment Form` and the temporary tags form that they place in the corner of the windshield.
Sponsored

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
I wanted to post my whole timeline for the delivery since it took a while and I was tracking really closely until the end.

• 7/2 - Car was built and I got my first delivery estimate of 3 weeks.
  • 7/7 - Awaiting Shipment at Ramp 5J, Lecheria Cuap, EM.
  • 8/2 - Got a shipped email from Ford. Ford Chat soon reported a Kansas City Southern (KCS) railcar.
  • 8/6 - In Transit through Laredo, TX. This is likely the customs border check.
  • 8/12 - Received at Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO.
  • 10/7 - Received at Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS via Jack Cooper Transport.
  • 10/11 - Shipped via Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co (BNSF) railcar.
  • 10/21 - According to emersonsdad it hit Richmond on this day.
  • 10/22 - Got the call this morning from the dealership.
I'm writing this post while sitting in the dealership waiting for them to complete the pre-delivery inspection (apparently takes 2-3 hours). I asked them not to detail or clean the car to speed things up. Apparently the last bit of paperwork is the temporary plates that I'll do right before getting the car.
Thanks for the detailed timeline. Hoping my vehicle also reached Richmond yesterday (fingers crossed).

Congratulations on the vehicle and hope the process goes by smoothly for you..

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
@LeWe - What is the best way to reach out to emersonsdad? I tried reaching out on the forum, but haven't heard back yet.

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
Thank you. Reached out to him and got to know that the railcar my vehicle was in left Argentine on 10/13 and got to Richmond on 10/19. Ford chat still tells me that my car's latest status is that it is assigned a railcar im Argentine. Hoping the car gets to the dealer soon, but a little worried that I might get into the back hole of tracking from Ford and not getting the vehicle for a while.

Hope you got your car and are loving it so far. Also hoping that the process was smooth.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Thank you. Reached out to him and got to know that the railcar my vehicle was in left Argentine on 10/13 and got to Richmond on 10/19. Ford chat still tells me that my car's latest status is that it is assigned a railcar im Argentine. Hoping the car gets to the dealer soon, but a little worried that I might get into the back hole of tracking from Ford and not getting the vehicle for a while.

Hope you got your car and are loving it so far. Also hoping that the process was smooth.
What I learned from my days of tracking: let it happen. I had my days of “oh man they might’ve lost my car” etc. If it’s in Richmond, think worst case 2 weeks more and be surprised if it gets delivered earlier! You’re super close to getting your car

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
It's been a while, here are some VINs pending pickup, most with an ETA of Tuesday for WC:

DarkMatterMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Country flag
Deposit at dealership: 11/29
Confirmation from Ford: 1/7
Built: 7/12
Shipped: 8/2
Arrived in Port Richmond: 10/21
Delivery: 8/5-8/12, 9/9-9/17, 10/9-10/15, 10/19-10/25, 10/22-10/28

Progress! It's in the Bay!

chandras

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Mach-E GT (Shipped)
Country flag
Got a call from the dealer (Ford Store Morgan Hill) this morning that my car has finally arrived.

I was all set to pick it up today but I got a call that the service department is backed up and they're unable to inspect the vehicle today.

The sales rep offered to drop off the car at my home tomorrow. Is this normal? Has anyone taken delivery at home - anything to watch out for?

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Got a call from the dealer (Ford Store Morgan Hill) this morning that my car has finally arrived.

I was all set to pick it up today but I got a call that the service department is backed up and they're unable to inspect the vehicle today.

The sales rep offered to drop off the car at my home tomorrow. Is this normal? Has anyone taken delivery at home - anything to watch out for?
Congratulations!! I've updated the table with your delivery date: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/time-to-dealer-san-jose-once-shipped.20244/post-504896

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
I apologize in advance for the thread creep, but since so many of you here just took delivery from Walnut Creek, I figured this was a good place for this question. What is the default position taken by WC Ford on the front license plate bracket? Do they install it unless you tell them not to? Will they not install it unless you ask them to?

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
I apologize in advance for the thread creep, but since so many of you here just took delivery from Walnut Creek, I figured this was a good place for this question. What is the default position taken by WC Ford on the front license plate bracket? Do they install it unless you tell them not to? Will they not install it unless you ask them to?
They will ask you beforehand. I would still text your salesperson to make sure they don't.

BKR

First Name
Bharath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Indian Scout Bobber
Country flag
So Ford chat told me early on Thursday morning that the car was received in Richmond, which probably means it actually got there on Wednesday or earlier. The United Road OVISS tracking system is able to find my order but it still shows up as 'Inactive' as of today. Anyone know what that's supposed to mean? I thought the status changes to 'Pending pickup' soon after the car arrives at the rail yard. Weirdly, United Road also can't find any recent orders shipped to the dealership (Serramonte Ford).
Sponsored