Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I received this e-mail today

Anyone thinking about reserving?

Added by administrator: if you are, be sure to visit the sister F-150 Lightning EV site @ https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/forums/f-150-lightning-ev-froum.4/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Time to reserve the F-150 Lighting EV? Logo-Ford

Ford Mustang Mach-E Time to reserve the F-150 Lighting EV? 943ee06d2c0fe23549d3cf66e13a4280

THE F‑150 IS ABOUT TO GO ELECTRIC

Introducing the all‑electric Ford F‑150 Lightning. There’s an F‑150 for everyone, and now it’s electric too.​

DON’T MISS THE REVEAL!

Live reveal Wednesday, May 19 @ 9:30 p.m. EDT.
Streaming live on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.​
The live debut of the all‑electric Ford F‑150 Lightning is a flat‑out must‑see. So save the date for the big event. Then reserve* yours.​

*By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. Terms apply.​
Ford Mustang Mach-E Time to reserve the F-150 Lighting EV? Logo-Ford
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P‌.O‌. Bo‌x 62‌48
Dear‌born‌, M‌I 481‌26
All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Just need it to be able to Flat-Tow behind the RV!

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
If you think Mach-E was too volume limited and hard to get, you ain't seen nothin'...
I dunno, I think the sort of people who would buy a Tesla or MME are a bit of early adopters and probably already sold on EVs.

It seems like to me the F150 \ Chevy Pickup \ Dodge Ram crowd would be much harder to convince. We'll have to see what the range, towing, payload and all that looks like. Of course probably 90% of people just have a truck because, they never tow or put anything in the bed at all

OP
OP
JWW

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
While at the #NationalMustangDay I spoke with Darren Palmer and we were talking about the Mach-e acceleration - he told me he had just driven an F-150 electric and he said that it was faster than the Mach-e!!

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just need it to be able to Flat-Tow behind the RV!
Just need an OTA for the Mach-E that enables this for us.

Heck I'll take a dolly tow if flat tow won't work (RWD only of course ;) ).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I dunno, I think the sort of people who would buy a Tesla or MME are a bit of early adopters and probably already sold on EVs.

It seems like to me the F150 \ Chevy Pickup \ Dodge Ram crowd would be much harder to convince. We'll have to see what the range, towing, payload and all that looks like. Of course probably 90% of people just have a truck because, they never tow or put anything in the bed at all
Then there's the MME crowd who also happen to own an ICE pickup like me. I may see a deposit in my future next week.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I'd generally agree with that logic, but there's also a huge difference in volume to account for. Ford planned about 50,000 MMEs for the first year. But they sell 900,000 F-150s every year.

I don't know how many F-150 Lightnings they plan for the first year, but I assume it's just a small% of the total F-150's. All it takes is 6% of that volume to surpass MME volumes.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Given that Ford Trucks are famous for towing capacity, I wonder just how much of that vehicle is going to be battery? Or will it be like the Mustang Mach E and not rated for towing?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Given that Ford Trucks are famous for towing capacity, I wonder just how much of that vehicle is going to be battery? Or will it be like the Mustang Mach E and not rated for towing?
All curious questions. Clearly it will have it's limitations.

But it will only be one variant of the F-150. Each variant has different capabilities and targets. This won't likely be one of the heavy towers. But it'll have it's own strengths.