Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Yep. And even 300 unloaded is gonna be tough. Takes 88 kWh (usable) in the MME, RWD only, and lower/sleeker body style to get that. In a taller/boxier truck, that's gonna have a LOT more drag. 150 kWh battery, maybe? 180? (In the longest-range trim.)

It's probably gonna fall somewhere between the Mach-E (300 miles RWD on 88 kWh) and the eTransit (126 miles 66 kWh).

Be really curious to see the specs on this thing next week. Unless they've found some new magic, I have a feeling a lot of people are expecting too much from the range/payload combos.
Well my guess is goign to be based on Riavian ranges. Their smallest pack is a 100, 2nd is the 135 and largest is 180. That gives between 250-400 miles of range unloaded depending on your pack size. Towing they said at make load expect a 50% reductions in range.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well my guess is goign to be based on Riavian ranges. Their smallest pack is a 100, 2nd is the 135 and largest is 180. That gives between 250-400 miles of range unloaded depending on your pack size. Towing they said at make load expect a 50% reductions in range.
I'm still a tad skeptical that Rivian will reach those numbers they've been talking about. We'll see though. Hope so, but with a truck body, I'm not so sure.

I'll have more faith in Ford's predicted range numbers since they have a good track record. While I love the look and design of the Rivian, I've gotta take a "wait and see if they actually deliver" approach. Especially since they're a new startup that has yet to put out a single production vehicle yet.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Yep. And even 300 unloaded is gonna be tough. Takes 88 kWh (usable) in the MME, RWD only, and lower/sleeker body style to get that. In a taller/boxier truck, that's gonna have a LOT more drag. 150 kWh battery, maybe? 180? (In the longest-range trim.)

It's probably gonna fall somewhere between the Mach-E (300 miles RWD on 88 kWh) and the eTransit (126 miles 66 kWh).

Be really curious to see the specs on this thing next week. Unless they've found some new magic, I have a feeling a lot of people are expecting too much from the range/payload combos.
I would expect the ranges to line up with the Mach-E ranges.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I canceled my Rivian reservation a while ago. (see I hate private networks!) I am hoping that it checks enough boxes to push me off the fence.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Time to reserve the F-150 Lighting EV? 1621276023112

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
My gmail had an ad for a Mache e vs lightning... thought it was about the new truck at first and then found myself at the mach e commercials from a little bit back after clicking it.... that said, it will be interesting to see how the specs and prices compared...

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I have already ordered one. I put the money down and I am anticipating delivery by end of next year maybe beginning of 2023. If so, I will have my MME paid off. Paying extra each month to put myself on a 18mo schedule with paying it completely off.
Sponsored