Tint Matching Factory Glass

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I had my front windows tinted with a ceramic film, but they have a bluish tint while the rest of the glass looks more brown. I believe it is Suntek. I don’t like how it looks. Does anyone have a brand recommendation that looks more like the factory? If so, I would like to know because I’m probably going to have them re-done.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I had my front windows tinted with a ceramic film, but they have a bluish tint while the rest of the glass looks more brown. I believe it is Suntek. I don’t like how it looks. Does anyone have a brand recommendation that looks more like the factory? If so, I would like to know because I’m probably going to have them re-done.
I can't say it looks like the factory only because I don't have a car...yet to compare.

But I have 3M crystalline tint on my C-Max. I don't think its blue.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...lm-ppf-such-as-xpel-for-mach-e.669/post-11751

Well actually it kinda looks like it in that photo. But not in person.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I had my front windows tinted with LLumar CTX Ceramic Window Tint at 15% to match rear passenger windows. I think it is a very good match and definitely does not have bluish hue.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I can't say it looks like the factory only because I don't have a car...yet to compare.

But I have 3M crystalline tint on my C-Max. I don't think its blue.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...lm-ppf-such-as-xpel-for-mach-e.669/post-11751

Well actually it kinda looks like it in that photo. But not in person.
It looks great from the outside, and I have to admit, mine does too. It's only when I'm in the car looking out that it's painfully obvious that there is a different hue. I've had it installed for two weeks now and it's driving me insane.

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Ext. Range - Infinite Blue
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
It looks great from the outside, and I have to admit, mine does too. It's only when I'm in the car looking out that it's painfully obvious that there is a different hue. I've had it installed for two weeks now and it's driving me insane.
I just had LLumar CTX Ceramic put on mine. From the outside it is a really good match. But from the inside, I do see a difference that is similar to what you are describing. My photographer eye sees a warmer hue to the factory tint and a cooler hue for the aftermarket LLumar. It doesn't bother too much though since I really only see if it I am looking over my shoulder. My tint guy said the only way to really get around the variance is to tint the whole car. I can deal with it. It still looks better to me than having not having those front 2 windows tinted at all. Totally get where you are coming from though.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I used SunTek films because they give me the best performance here in AZ. I don't notice a blue hue though...??
I will look again and see. All I tinted was the two front doors and a header across the windshield. It seems to match the rear glass when the viewing angle doesn't include the windshield. When looking through both the windshield and door glass then it looks lighter than the rear but I think that is normal because the rear has so much shade. Not perfect match but works for me.

20210410_122522.jpg

20210410_122514.jpg

20210410_122459.jpg

20210410_122452.jpg

20210410_122443.jpg