Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
That sucks. What are you going to do about it?
I'll just have to wrap up warm and use e-heat. There's no point in changing electricity company as the advice from all consumer organisations is "do nothing" as if you change company you start again with a new contract and the prices are likely to be higher as the energy companies are losing money and several of the smaller ones have gone out of business.

See https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle...o-high-how-uk-bills-what-next-support-1244485

Even though it's gas which has rocketed in price a substantial amount of electricity is still produced by gas powered power stations in the UK. We need more renewables and fast.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I'll just have to wrap up warm and use e-heat. There's no point in changing electricity company as the advice from all consumer organisations is "do nothing" as if you change company you start again with a new contract and the prices are likely to be higher as the energy companies are losing money and several of the smaller ones have gone out of business.

See https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle...o-high-how-uk-bills-what-next-support-1244485

Even though it's gas which has rocketed in price a substantial amount of electricity is still produced by gas powered power stations in the UK. We need more renewables and fast.
Or you could vote for politicians who want to lower your taxes and eliminate regulations that drive up energy costs. Otherwise, you will continue to be screwed. And it will only get worse.

You know the politicians give tax rebates if you buy a EV here in the US? Cool, right? And then they tax you more because you are not paying gas taxes, so now I have to pay a special EV tax. And now they are considering taxing us for each mile we drive instead of by the gallon of gas because EV drivers don't buy gas.

Unless you want to be destroyed by the politicians, you need to vote for those who don't want to destroy you.

End of politics. Sorry I brought this up on a car forum, but I have had a couple beers and well, I am weak.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Or you could vote for politicians who want to lower your taxes and eliminate regulations that drive up energy costs. Otherwise, you will continue to be screwed. And it will only get worse.

You know the politicians give tax rebates if you buy a EV here in the US? Cool, right? And then they tax you more because you are not paying gas taxes, so now I have to pay a special EV tax. And now they are considering taxing us for each mile we drive instead of by the gallon of gas because EV drivers don't buy gas.

Unless you want to be destroyed by the politicians, you need to vote for those who don't want to destroy you.

End of politics. Sorry I brought this up on a car forum, but I have had a couple beers and well, I am weak.
No worries. I've lived long enough to know that basically they're all the same deep down. I was employed by them for more than 30 years until I retired and all political leanings (Civil Service). Some of the things that happened and decisions made by Ministers was more truthful than people think as broadcast by the British comedy "Yes Minister". Minister- "Do you know the meaning of futility?" Civil Servant - "Of course I do Minister, I'm a Civil Servant".

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
I can confirm that Remote Starting your vehicle will pull power from your house in both L1 and L2. L1 will not be able to give enough power but will help. This morning I remote started my vehicle while it was connected and it was pulling about 8kwh and it was only in the 40's here.

Pre-Conditioning does also happen when connected to L1 Charging but I believe it starts many hours before your scheduled departure time. I've seen messages in the App saying that the vehicle was getting ready to drive at least 4 hours before my departure time which seemed a little nuts.

I do have a somewhat regular schedule but decided to just use remote start vs Preconditioning as my round trip work commute is only about 10 miles.

Here's the power draw this AM from remote starting. Keep in mind that this is after charging which reached its level at about 11:30pm

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tips for Maximizing Your Mach-E’s Winter Range (via Precondition) Remote Start Power Draw

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Considering how much more efficient heated seats are compared with heating the cabin, and considering that Ford is recommending its use… that makes it all the more perplexing that the Mach-E doesn't have heated back seats.

(There's no way to say that without ambiguity: no I'm not talking about the seat heater heating your back. I'm talking about the seats in the back of the car. And if I had said "heated rear seats"…)
I had heated rear seats in my Ford F150 King Ranch. Would be a nice option.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
How long should you allow for Pre-Conditioning (car being charged) before driving off on your car trip?
Its all automatic, plug in, set your departure time, and the car will do the rest.