Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
So tired of this STYNC screen...

For the past (probably longer but just noticed) two nights, I've gone out and have seen the STYNC screen playing music!

If I was playing USB when I parked, it's playing USB, If I'm on SiriusXM that's playing.

This AM, I checked the security cameras and saw EVERY HOUR it would come on, play for ~30 minutes then shut off.

A few times a warning message popped up on the driver's screen (probably the error I keep getting that I thought was the dash cam but I've unplugged that at night "12V Drain") Gee, I wonder why there's a 12V drain? I shut off all Background App Refresh, to FordPass, Widgets, and Optiwatt hoping that would stop the 'drain' but after seeing the car having a party all night, I suspect none of those apps are having any affect.

I got in eVee this AM and headed down the road, and the STYNC screen said it couldn't connect to my phone (again) so I waited until almost getting to the office before trying, and it said 'oh, let's connect your phone' like it's never been connected before!

And while tooling down the highway the HEADLIGHTS TURNED OFF. At first I didn't know why my STYNC screen got all bright as day, then I realized the car in front of me wasn't reflecting my lights! Sure enough, glanced down, no headlight icon on the instrument panel. Turned the knob back to Auto. (I just recently got the 'dreaded' Lights come on randomly 'event' and have been turning my lights off every time I park, 'just because')

And just before hitting the office I decided to do a reset of the STYNC screen...

This is ridiculous, along with the;

1. Glitchy screen at least once a month (for the past year!) Went away for a while, but OTA 2.7.2 brought it back.

2. Random Audio Off errors. (Not touching anything (top of steering wheel), not singing, so no voice error, it'll just stop playing.)

3. SiriusXM icons that show Night mode on a Day screen and Day mode on a Night screen

4. SiriusXM icons that show different channels for what is playing9. (Shows #12 but Plays #74 etc.)

5. SiriusXM the 'what's playing' screen is blank, nothing to show what is playing, no title, artist etc.

6. When I get a text and hit the button on the steering wheel to talk to eVee, she sometimes dummies up. (Spinning) if I long hold Siri will talk (I haven't set that up, but it shows the button is active)

7. Volume Knob not working. (Spin/tap all day long until STYNC reset)

8. Front Camera Low Visibility

9. Seen this before, but as mentioned, come out to car and STYNC screen is on, not just the past few days. Times I'd go out, the car would light up, mirrors would unfold and the radio was playing. I took that as meh, I got here and everything came on, but probably the radio was playing the whole time.

10. One time (So far) the Mrs was driving using Whisper Mode, but it auto popped to Unbridled, and each time we chose Whisper, it would laugh and go back to unbridled. Have only seen that once. Changing her mode out of Whisper to Unbridled happens often. Has her Profile icon and seat settings etc, but her mode changes to mine.

I think my STYNC screen and/or Modules are broken, but all they do at Ford is Factory Reset (Not Master Reset like you can do in the STYNC screen) update modules, and pray to the automotive gods it doesn't return.

Aggravating all these errors and doing a 'proper factory reset' hasn't cured it...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tired of the STYNC screen... A-Off-Stripped

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tired of the STYNC screen... Glitch Stripped

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tired of the STYNC screen... Misc Stripped

Last edited:
OP
OP
2021-MMEx-RT1

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Some of those are known bugs, but there is definitely something not right with your car. Have you had it to the dealer yet to diagnose?
I show them all the videos as they add up, I explain what's going on, but again, all they do is the FDRS Factory Reset and see if it 'happens again' while doing some module updates. Did that in Dec '21 and it went away for a while (the glitch part) until the 2.7.2 OTA brought it back the day after.

I've been on the phone with Ford and they all say it's gonna cost $1,000 to diagnose the issue. ? Really Ford? Your car has bugs and I've given you proof and. you want to charge me $1,000 so you can learn what's going on?

I'm sure they don't have a clue and just hit it with a hammer hoping it will go away.

When they call me for the HVBJB recall, I'll go thru the hoops again and hopefully they'll update more modules and another FDRS Factory reset will knock a bit of sense into eVee.

I'm so tired of Ford and their lack of quality service.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I show them all the videos as they add up, I explain what's going on, but again, all they do is the FDRS Factory Reset and see if it 'happens again' while doing some module updates. Did that in Dec '21 and it went away for a while (the glitch part) until the 2.7.2 OTA brought it back the day after.

I've been on the phone with Ford and they all say it's gonna cost $1,000 to diagnose the issue. ? Really Ford? Your car has bugs and I've given you proof and. you want to charge me $1,000 so you can learn what's going on?

I'm sure they don't have a clue and just hit it with a hammer hoping it will go away.

When they call me for the HVBJB recall, I'll go thru the hoops again and hopefully they'll update more modules and another FDRS Factory reset will knock a bit of sense into eVee.

I'm so tired of Ford and their lack of quality service.
Thatā€™s terrible. Your frustration is understandable.
Charging to diagnose warranty issues is totally unacceptable.

OP
OP
2021-MMEx-RT1

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
UPDATE: Had eVee in starting Wed 27th till today Friday 29th.

The main thing the blitches (ooh, typo, I'm keeping that) glitches of the main SYNC screen and the car coming on/off every two hours and running the USB/Sirius/whatever was running when I shut it off, was all blamed on the installed DashCam.

Except, the glitches started AUG 5, I picked up eVee July 31 and didn't install a Dashcam until about the 3 week of Aug. So the Glitches were there BEFORE the Dashcam..!

He himmm/haweed at that one. But still FORD insisted that I not plug in the Dashcam (into the OBDII port) until/if the screen glitches again. I may buy one of the 'Ford Thinkware Front/Rear cams (VNL3Z19G490D) just because (Current BlackVue DR750S 2CH).
After I explained about Optiwatt stealing power, he allowed me to use the 12 volt power in the console to run the Dashcam. unfortunately, that doesn't give us 'parking protection' so as always, we park in the back of the back, and at the house we have 4+ cameras watching eVee.

For the Power drain/coming off and on every two hours.
I did some searching all over yesterday and found OptiWatt was killing the battery, it was also turning on the car every 2 hours (while it pinged Ford servers and then Ford servers talked back and forth between eVee and the Opitwatt app.

I had turned off location and background refresh, but still was getting the
Electrical system drain - Service required
message on the instrument panel. Turns out, it doesn't matter if you turn everything off or even delete the app, Optiwatt still pings the Ford server every 2 hours and drains the battery!
I let the Ford tech know about Optiwatt and the reason for the drain message and that no, it's not the Dashcam's fault for the power drain. (which is why he allowed me to plug into the 12V power outlet)

For the 12V Battery Fault - Service soon, they did the Recall-22s41-battery energy control module software update.

Headlight randomly coming on while the car is parked.
Tech stated oh, it's the welcome lights, if you get too close they come on.
Solution? Turn off welcome lights (puddle ponys). Wtf, do they think I'm an idiot? The car is parked ~45 feet away, I park in the alley and eVee is a parking space, and two houses away. I watch it from afar with security cameras and I can see the lights on in the middle of the night (twice now, but I've been turning them off manually when I remember, usually))

They did a few updates:
PSCM, DCMG, CMR, CCM, APIM, IPMA, IPMB, and Recall-22s41 battery energy control module. I'll ask one of the nice FDRS(?) people if they can recheck my VIN after a few weeks(?) to see any changes.

And another Factory Reset (third time for eVee now) so of course I had to re setup everything, PAAK/Profiles/Door Codes/BlueTooth/Sirius Stations/ etc., etc. et.al.

Here's the redacted version of the service listing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tired of the STYNC screen... scan

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tired of the STYNC screen... scan0001

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Something makes no sense here - while I donā€™t have security cameras continuously watching my car in my garage, I live in a fairly small townhouse. Iā€™m pretty sure the approach lighting doesnā€™t randomly go on and off. Heck, the approach lighting sometimes doesnā€™t come on when I go into the garage with my phone in my pocket and the garage lights off šŸ˜€

OP
OP
2021-MMEx-RT1

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Something makes no sense here - while I donā€™t have security cameras continuously watching my car in my garage, I live in a fairly small townhouse. Iā€™m pretty sure the approach lighting doesnā€™t randomly go on and off. Heck, the approach lighting sometimes doesnā€™t come on when I go into the garage with my phone in my pocket and the garage lights off šŸ˜€
Yeah, it's not the approach lightning, it's the headlights actually being on and me having to go out and physically turn them off from ON instead of the AUTO setting I chose in the SYNC settings. Every time we drive now, we turn the light switch from AUTO to OFF to be sure...

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Not defending Ford nor blaming the owner, but if you have added things to the car or made any mods then Ford is in their right to charge you to diagnose with those additions. I suggest removing it all, taking the car back to as-delivered, have the dealer do a factory reset and see if this issue comes back. If you insist on adding things then Ford is going to insist on blaming those additions. If there is a hardware or software issue with the car it should be apparent in the as-delivered state.
Sponsored