To do or not to do…

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14- Nissan Leaf, 17/20-Bolt, 23-MachE (on order)
Country flag
Of forgot to mention, I have decided to wait. But for how long, I dont know yet.
Sponsored

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I wont buy Tesla, period. I know that the $7500 rebate may not be applicable at all once March comes around, but the price of the MachE is still not comparable to the "dropped down" Tesla. So, Im thinking there will be some correction by Ford for this.

Irrespective of the $7500, I would hate it if I left another $10K (which I am thinking Ford will drop the prices by - wishful thinking is more like it) on the table and picked a MachE now.

Btw, @moparguy where did you get the Rental Mach E and what "good price". Im in San Diego too, so if you could drop me a line... :)

It's up to you to what you get but honestly man, Tesla is very appealing, my orange GT the one in my profile is down to $60k at Carvana today, that's a huge discount from their original ask of $75k! I was thinking to repurchase it again but at $60k, I can still get a 2023 brand new MYP that is better than my GT, they are not the sexiest cars but with range, speed, and technology they are the best.
Will pm you regarding my lease.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I wouldn't assume you will see any immediate correction on 2023 prices by Ford. Perhaps they'll drop the price on the 2024. Remember, legally speaking Ford is not selling to you, they are selling to your dealer. So if you refuse delivery because the cost is no longer worth it, that's going to be a lagging indicator back to Ford. Tesla knows NOW what their demand is. Ford's information is always going to be months behind. It won't be until the dealers tell Ford "We can't sell these things at this price" that Ford will adjust. And Ford isn't exactly making tons of money on them right now as it is.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I wouldn't assume you will see any immediate correction on 2023 prices by Ford. Perhaps they'll drop the price on the 2024. Remember, legally speaking Ford is not selling to you, they are selling to your dealer. So if you refuse delivery because the cost is no longer worth it, that's going to be a lagging indicator back to Ford. Tesla knows NOW what their demand is. Ford's information is always going to be months behind. It won't be until the dealers tell Ford "We can't sell these things at this price" that Ford will adjust. And Ford isn't exactly making tons of money on them right now as it is.
Definitely not "months behind." If dealers cannot sell cars, they'll most definitely be making a stink to their area Ford rep. I expect Ford to leave the MSRP where it is and just offer incentives to reduce the price for the customer and the dealer still gets the full MSRP. Or, maybe Ford will say "hopefully your war chest from charging people $10k+ ADMs is still full to weather the storm!"

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Definitely not "months behind." If dealers cannot sell cars, they'll most definitely be making a stink to their area Ford rep. I expect Ford to leave the MSRP where it is and just offer incentives to reduce the price for the customer and the dealer still gets the full MSRP. Or, maybe Ford will say "hopefully your war chest from charging people $10k+ ADMs is still full to weather the storm!"
When was the last time Ford reduced prices on an in-demand vehicle mid-model year? Aside from the occasional decontenting (Active Park Assist), that is?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When was the last time Ford reduced prices on an in-demand vehicle mid-model year? Aside from the occasional decontenting (Active Park Assist), that is?
What? Ford still offers bonus cash on cars and even send out private offers in mailers, email, etc. It just always excludes the MME and Lightning since they've had demand enough.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What? Ford still offers bonus cash on cars and even send out private offers in mailers, email, etc. It just always excludes the MME and Lightning since they've had demand enough.
That's why I specified 'in-demand.' You don't need to incentivize purchases when demand is high.

And like I said, these changes are often quite far behind. Private offers were to prevent cancellations, but was by definition done between model years. Bonus cash is to spur demand in areas where it's lagging. Cash back on financing offers is designed to push people towards Ford Credit. But none of these change the up-front price ... an actual MSRP change is exceptionally rare mid-year.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's why I specified 'in-demand.' You don't need to incentivize purchases when demand is high.

And like I said, these changes are often quite far behind. Private offers were to prevent cancellations, but was by definition done between model years. Bonus cash is to spur demand in areas where it's lagging. Cash back on financing offers is designed to push people towards Ford Credit. But none of these change the up-front price ... an actual MSRP change is exceptionally rare mid-year.
We're on different pages, I'll bow out of this convo.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's up to you to what you get but honestly man, Tesla is very appealing, my orange GT the one in my profile is down to $60k at Carvana today, that's a huge discount from their original ask of $75k! I was thinking to repurchase it again but at $60k, I can still get a 2023 brand new MYP that is better than my GT, they are not the sexiest cars but with range, speed, and technology they are the best.
Will pm you regarding my lease.

I don't find Tesla very appealing, but that's personal. You also don't have USS anymore for MY I think so no radar that beeps when you park. The performance brakes were also downgraded from an elektrek article I read (is it truth?) so you paid less for a MYP for less stuff, but Tesla didn't tell you.

Another thing that maybe a factor is Tesla maybe refreshing both the MY and M3 soon so expect current ones to plunge further in value if they do a refresh finally of the old look.

Didn't the MYP also drop from the like 70k to 57k? I still think it's really subjective what's better, but I do agree that higher end Mach-Es will suffer a lot more after the Tesla price cuts.

Can't beat Tesla supercharging network for sure at the moment, but not sure what technology people think are so great with Tesla personally. I'm biased since I own a Mach-E, but one of the slowest/cheapest ones with tons of incentives.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Legacy usually doesn't change MSRPs mid-year, they usually do it with manufacturer incentives. Demand has been so high the last 2 years that we haven't seen many of those lately, but they'll probably make a return this year.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
With dropping used pricing, I may end up declining my incoming '23 MME with a $6500 PCO and $7500 tax credit because the value of my Lightning is not worth it.

May have to wait to see if it comes back up....

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Of forgot to mention, I have decided to wait. But for how long, I dont know yet.
Thanks so much for the update, sleep has been hard to come by not knowing your position! :p :cool:

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14- Nissan Leaf, 17/20-Bolt, 23-MachE (on order)
Country flag
Thanks so much for the update, sleep has been hard to come by not knowing your position! :p :cool:
Yeah, my decision to announce my decision was based on the lack of sleep of folks waiting to hear what I’m gonna do🤣🤣
Sponsored