AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Last month I had a charger installed at my new home, finally moving from L1 to L2 charging.

L2 is a lot better way to enjoy the car.

Last week I had a charging error show up on the car. Somewhat concerned I unplugged.

later I took the car for a drive and it was showing 100%. I thought that strange as it was set to 90% and with a charge fault thought it would be less.

After a few miles it was still showing 100%. This continued for about 10 miles until it dropped back.

My assumption is the fault allowed it to charge to 103 or so percent which I guess is possible just highly unusual.

Not worried as it hasn’t happened again, just interested in thoughts. Be great before a long trip!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No idea what the charger fault is, but it cannot charge to 103%. The car computes how full the battery is by trying to precisely measure the voltage and a few other things to compute "how full" the battery is. It is an imperfect process, especially as temperatures change - so the result you saw was nothing more than the fact that the amount of electrical potential in the battery cannot be perfectly measured.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Your assumption is incorrect. Regen plus warmer Temps keep it at 100% for a while, sometimes.

OP
OP
AllenXS

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Your assumption is incorrect. Regen plus warmer Temps keep it at 100% for a while, sometimes.
Would you consider 23 degrees (f) warmer temps?

Usually as soon as I drive off the car will drop a% point so it was unusual. Don’t think my regen is that good.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Maybe you broke physics? Have you tried anything else yet? Perpetual motion? Faster-than-light travel?

OP
OP
AllenXS

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Maybe you broke physics? Have you tried anything else yet? Perpetual motion? Faster-than-light travel?
Faster than light - only in my Mach-e