Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Costs more.
Yea because of the performance it's a base of itself though. That'd be like saying these two trucks are priced the same so I bought the diesel but it has a lot less features in the other one why is that oh wait the diesel motor cost $10,000 alone because of what it does for its performance and power.
Sponsored

Racing_Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, '04 Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That sucks man sorry. I feel like that front camera is a must with the GT and that front lip spoiler. Already nearly hit a few curbs in first day not realizing how far out that lip sticks and how low it is.
The front parking sensor does a good job of alerting you to curbs. The camera would be nice, but I chose to save the $1,900.

I appreciate that they made the Blue Cruise/360 Cameras and the glass roof optional on the GT. It let me get the performance I really wanted for only $4,000 more than a Premium AWD, extended range that came with luxury options that didn't add much value to me.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yea because of the performance it's a base of itself though. That'd be like saying these two trucks are priced the same so I bought the diesel but it has a lot less features in the other one why is that oh wait the diesel motor cost $10,000 alone because of what it does for its performance and power.
Yes. But the comment was made to the question as to why some might think the GT would have the same packages included as the premium.

OP
OP
dwiz49

dwiz49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Some forum members are being a little tough on me for this one. I reserved a Premium and a GT way back in 2019. Back then there wasn't much clarity regarding features. My Premium, which I drove for six months, had a front camera, so I was surprised the GT only had a beep beep that vaguely informs the driver of what is in front of the car and where. I miss the front camera every time I park, but given even that, I would not have paid $2k for it. The thing is a safety feature, and I thought safety was one of the themes of the ME. Performance and upgrading has nothing to do with this issue, so if you want a front camera, be aware of your "options."

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Some forum members are being a little tough on me for this one. I reserved a Premium and a GT way back in 2019. Back then there wasn't much clarity regarding features. My Premium, which I drove for six months, had a front camera, so I was surprised the GT only had a beep beep that vaguely informs the driver of what is in front of the car and where. I miss the front camera every time I park, but given even that, I would not have paid $2k for it. The thing is a safety feature, and I thought safety was one of the themes of the ME. Performance and upgrading has nothing to do with this issue, so if you want a front camera, be aware of your "options."
I understand what you are saying but your thought process of as you go up the tier system it all carries with it is a very uncommon thing. A loaded 4 banger mustang has more stuff then a base GT. I mean this is a common thing changing motors which you did kinda does not mean all the tech goes with it. I had a XLT truck and it had remote start and a tailgate step. Work then provided me a Lariat and it had less options then my XLT because the XLT was loaded up and the Lariat was a bare bones version but some apperance items where standard but the nicer items tend not to be. I would be mad to I use the crap out of front camera pulling up to curbs. Wifes lincoln you cannot park the nose on a curb. Because the airbags will lower it and the nose will rest on the curb. IDK how they don't have sensors there to detect it. You def gotta check the standard item list which is a pain as they are long

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I agree that the front camera would be nice to have, but consider this:
1. The GT and GTPE have more expensive wheels (the GTPE's, being forged, are MUCH more expensive).
2. The GTPE has Magneride.
3. The GTPE has better seats.
To keep the prices down, they had to eliminate something. And you said it yourself...neither of us were willing to pay $1,900 for it. Most important for me was eliminating the weight and heat of the sunroof. We all made our choices...be at peace.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
1. The GT and GTPE have more expensive wheels (the GTPE's, being forged, are MUCH more expensive).
To keep the prices down, they had to eliminate something. And you said it yourself...neither of us were willing to pay $1,900 for it. Most important for me was eliminating the weight and heat of the sunroof. We all made our choices...be at peace.
Honestly, I would have opted for Co-Piolt 360/Active 2.0 if it could have been had with a metal roof. I just did not want the glass roof.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Honestly, I would have opted for Co-Piolt 360/Active 2.0 if it could have been had with a metal roof. I just did not want the glass roof.
That's what I did on the GT! EXACTLY how I wanted it. (Had to get the black painted roof tho)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That's what I did on the GT! EXACTLY how I wanted it. (Had to get the black painted roof tho)
Heh, but I wanted a GT-PE. So, I either had to give up on the PE stuff or give up on Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0.

OP
OP
dwiz49

dwiz49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag

StarLog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
The main reason I ordered a Premium versus a GT is the fact that all the "stuff" I wanted in a car was costing a lot extra in the GT, oh and the insurance aspect was ridiculous.
I will be happy eventually with my Premium whenever I do get it and will not miss the extra acceleration and GT badges.

Tony
We ordered the GT, expecting the 360 cameras to be part of the package, did not see any other place to order them, so I am regretting, it is the wifes car she is not regretting. On the other hand the insurance for the GT was like $28 cheaper per month then her VW GTI. So happy we got the GT, it is wicked fast.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I am surprised at the number of people who are still concerned about heat and the glass roof, now that we have a summer of real-world experience with the roof. I never noticed the interior being any hotter with my glass roof (admittedly, I live in Philadelphia). People on this forum arenā€™t bashful about speaking up, and I donā€™t recall seeing a deluge of videos showing people from western states using their glass-roofed Mustang Mach Eā€™s as E-Z bake ovens to bake cakes or roast tofurkeys!

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I am surprised at the number of people who are still concerned about heat and the glass roof, now that we have a summer of real-world experience with the roof. I never noticed the interior being any hotter with my glass roof (admittedly, I live in Philadelphia). People on this forum arenā€™t bashful about speaking up, and I donā€™t recall seeing a deluge of videos showing people from western states using their glass-roofed Mustang Mach Eā€™s as E-Z bake ovens to bake cakes or roast tofurkeys!
About a year ago, someone here shot a Mach-E interior with an infrared camera (it can see infrared as an image...not just heat). It showed that a lot of infrared heat was coming through the roof glass. I'm in Sacramento, where it often hits 105Ā°, and occasionally gets to 110Ā°. But the primary reason to lose the glass roof is to lose WEIGHT, not heat. Look up "polar momentum".

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
In an earlier thread someone shows a video of installing a custom sunscreen cover inside the window. It looked clean and easy, costs $99. Makes more sense then the cargo cover.
Sponsored