Elizabeth L Richards
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Fleet Safety Manager
Country flag
So fellas, my 22 Premium is at a detailer's getting vinyl striping, ceramic coating and a clear bra... this is the first vehicle I've had this done. It has been at the detailer's for over three weeks now... seems like an excessive amount of time... I'm getting a little irritated. How long, for those of you that have had a car ceramic coated, did it take?... just wondering thanks :)
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So fellas, my 22 Premium is at a detailer's getting vinyl striping, ceramic coating and a clear bra... this is the first vehicle I've had this done. It has been at the detailer's for over three weeks now... seems like an excessive amount of time... I'm getting a little irritated. How long, for those of you that have had a car ceramic coated, did it take?... just wondering thanks :)
Take another car and drive to the detailer and find out what’s going on. Look at your car and ask why. Something is not right.

Depending on the coating package you selected, 5 working days including curing time. Something is not right with this.

Last edited:

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
That’s way too long, maybe they over committed. I had full front and sides up to the drivers doors PPF and full ceramic in 5 days, dropped off Monday morning and picked up Friday.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
My detail guy can do that actual labor in 1 - 2 days *IF* he has the materials. Ceramic coating is not that difficult, it's the PPF that's time consuming. I think it's reasonable to hold the car for a week (you do not want to rush a PPF job), but 3 weeks is nonsense. I know my detail guy has been telling me PPF materials are getting difficult to source these days so that could be the issue. Ceramic can take a few days to cure, so maybe he wants to hold it until it's done curing.

I always believe in being nice to detailers (want to have a good relationship with the guy who has your car), but at the very least, he should give you an update on what the delay is.

EponA8599

First Name
Elizabeth L Richards
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I was "told" it took three DAYS to do the striping and then it needed to air dry for a week (LOL) my BS meter pegged at about that point... and then he tried to tell me they'd only had my car for two weeks and that he's not making any money on this (?)... I CANNOT wait to get my car away from these people, and certainly will never be back or recommend them... shame

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
I was "told" it took three DAYS to do the striping and then it needed to air dry for a week (LOL) my BS meter pegged at about that point... and then he tried to tell me they'd only had my car for two weeks and that he's not making any money on this (?)... I CANNOT wait to get my car away from these people, and certainly will never be back or recommend them... shame
If there is one thing I do not appreciate or respect, it's people not giving it to me straight. If you screwed up and overbooked yourself... just tell me that. If you thought you could get the material but then you can't - just tell me that.

Full disclosure, I've never had my car striped... only PPFd, but I imagine the process is pretty similar to installing a PPF. It's essentially a decal wrap, correct?

EponA8599

First Name
Elizabeth L Richards
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If there is one thing I do not appreciate or respect, it's people not giving it to me straight. If you screwed up and overbooked yourself... just tell me that. If you thought you could get the material but then you can't - just tell me that.

Full disclosure, I've never had my car striped... only PPFd, but I imagine the process is pretty similar to installing a PPF. It's essentially a decal wrap, correct?
Exactly!... he could have resolved so much with just a two minute call, but apparently that is asking too much... the radio silence had me kinda freaking out and imagining all sorts of horrible things :mad:

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The service industry today- Over promise and under deliver

Norcolboulder

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Principal Architect
Country flag
I would go PPF over ceramic coating (which I did). I don't see all that much value in ceramic coating. It makes the car easier to clean, and provides some protection against the elements. I'm more concerned about physical damage from rocks and other road debris. I got a small chip on my hood after only 1 month before I got PPF. Money well spent for me.
Here in Colorado many rock chips I will do the full front on the new GTPU
Sponsored