Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Excited to have my Hors-E coming in relatively soon (early Nov). Needless to say, I’m shopping for it. ( @AOSK , I’m looking at you.)
Two exterior accessories are the Splash/Mud guards and a Spoiler.

Has anyone tracked or seen any impact on range/efficiency with these? Understanding aerodynamics, to a point, I would think that if there is any impact, it would be the spoiler.

I’ve seen some of your photos with spoilers ( @scoopman and others). Appreciate your thoughts and experience.
Sponsored

FinCrimesJD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport Badlands, upcoming MME AWD ER
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
I haven't had any range issues at all with the spoiler. I'm still averaging 3.5-3.9 depending on what my foot and ego ate doing on certain days. Lol

The height of the spoiler is so minimal that it really has no major affect on wind resistance. The front lip spoiler will cause more downforce though compared to a rear (tailgate) spoiler. I could also see the roof-mounted spoiler causing some drag, but minimal range change.

FB_IMG_1663248938657.jpg

FB_IMG_1663248995570.jpg

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Tiny splash guards don't cause any issue that anyone is going to measure if they don't own a wind tunnel.

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Tiny splash guards don't cause any issue that anyone is going to measure if they don't own a wind tunnel.
Yeah. I figured that much, but one never knows if something else may one afoot that they do not know about. We don't know what we don't know.
As I said, I am primarily curious/concerned with the spoiler. I'd like to get one for the looks (at 5,000 lbs., I certainly don't think I'd need more downforce.... LOL). That said, with a GTPE at a 260 mile stated range, I want every bit of that 260.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Excited to have my Hors-E coming in relatively soon (early Nov). Needless to say, I’m shopping for it. ( @AOSK , I’m looking at you.)

Has anyone tracked or seen any impact on range/efficiency with these? Understanding aerodynamics, to a point, I would think that if there is any impact, it would be the spoiler.

I’ve seen some of your photos with spoilers ( @scoopman and others). Appreciate your thoughts and experience.
No discernable difference in efficiency...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The splash guards didn’t change anything measurable. They hide pretty well behind the tires, so I didn’t expect an efficiency hit. 😊🐩

Not a fan of spoilers with a cut-out in the middle where you need the blade the most (since that part is hidden by the greenhouse), so I haven’t gotten one. Too lazy to make my own. 🤪🐩

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
No noticeable hit with the wind resistance of my spoiler. That said my driving style is ”eclectic” so keeping track of anything is a bit useless.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I feel like adding a second spoiler would be like adding a third nipple. More decorative than functional. 😄

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag

Hi! Thank you for your support.

With the concern on the range, We have been discussing this with some owners. Owners told us that they didn't notice any obvious decrease in the range even if they installed our big GT roof spoiler and V1 front lip(the most aggressive one we have).

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I decided to get the Rokblokz Mud Flaps over the AOSK offering. @markboris also chose Rolblokz. They look great on his ride. I’ll catch up once I get my wheels installed.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just wanted to add the AOSK mud flaps are very sturdy, look great and fit perfectly behind OEM sized tires. I had to change to the Rokblokz mud flaps because my tires are wider than OEM (same reason connoisseurr wants them) and needed the extra coverage. I had to get their Rally styled mud flaps which are even wider than their standard ones and they are perfect for protecting the paint.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The mud flaps really help in keeping dirt off the lower body panels, especially in the front, during longer wet weather trips. Seems they deflect the wheel well air drafts further out to the side away from the car body. My flaps are from AOSK.
Sponsored