JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
I had same brand, I went legal for Alabama, but the white interior actually makes it less compared to my truck side by side. So I wish I went full match, Alabama is not an insane state on these issues.
Sponsored

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I tinted my front windows with the most expensive film available - ceramic. It suppose to be better against heat.
One side effect, however, it is on the cold side, compared to factory one from the back, which has warmer tint.
So I am a bit in dissonance now when I see the same object thru front and rear windows, but different white balance.

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
I tinted my front windows with the most expensive film available - ceramic. It suppose to be better against heat.
One side effect, however, it is on the cold side, compared to factory one from the back, which has warmer tint.
So I am a bit in dissonance now when I see the same object thru front and rear windows, but different white balance.
I did ceramic on all windows front to back and top. Windshield was nano ceramic. I believe side windows and back are 50-70%, can’t remember. Definitely feel the difference of heat not getting through. And I live in CA but cops do not care about window tint here. Unless you start back talking to one when you get pulled over, they aren’t typically gonna flag you over it. Total cost was $1k, but installer gave me a bit of a discount. Couple hundred off if I recall

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make sure it is legal in your state - in California, it is not. You can tint the fronts, but not very dark. It would be a shame to get busted and have to take it off.

I think it would make the car look good, but I would not like not being able to see out very well. IMHO it's a safety issue, but it depends on how dark, of course.
Sit in the back at nite and watch cars go by with lites on. Then on a dreary day. Lastly on a sunny day. If you like it get it. We put dark tint on both my old vette and our daughters challenger and love it. PA is not very strict on dark tint so we are lucky to have a choice. And yes we are going to get it done. Its around $150 a window. We are considering clear wrap also.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I absolutely love how much better the Smurfmobile looks with the front windows tinted. Tinting them is the second best thing I’ve done to it (after putting a 15” rear wiper on it).

Ford Mustang Mach-E To tint or not? Any regrets? IMG_0442
Ford Mustang Mach-E To tint or not? Any regrets? IMG_6456

JoeyD

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X
Occupation
School Bus Driver
Country flag
Front windows tinted 25% to match the rears as close as possible.
Windshield and glass roof tinted 50%

Ford Mustang Mach-E To tint or not? Any regrets? IMG_4472 (1)30

IMG_4473 (1)30.jpg

Last edited:

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Limo tint (5%) on the back window FTW.
Sponsored