Todays Events 10-20-2020: Red Bank, NJ and Redwood City, CA!

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
IMG_0004.jpeg

I saw the Mach-E at Towne Ford in Redwood City, CA, today. They had Star White and Infinite Blue Mach-Es on display. I have only owned sedans, so I'm probably not the best at judging an SUV entry height. I found it easy to get in and out of the car. The entry height is taller than was I am accustomed. Everything about the car is excellent. All the materials are of high quality and pleasant to the touch. The touch screen is very responsive and logically laid out.

I only took one picture since I would only be posting duplicate photos that are already on the forum. The picture I took is above the driver's mirror. There is what looks like a small button, but it's not a button. It may be part of the ambient light or a sensor. Does anyone have any ideas what this is?
The mic/mics are most likely inside the black plastic with holes in it. That button may be to disable the auto-dimming feature of the mirror? That's my best guess.
Hard to say - but it looks like the small black circle typically at the top center of most auto-dimming mirrors is not present on the Mach E; so this could be the light sensor for that function.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Hard to say - but it looks like the small black circle typically at the top center of most auto-dimming mirrors is not present on the Mach E; so this could be the light sensor for that function.
You're probably right - since the mirror is bezel-less they'd have to put the sensor somewhere else near it. Guessing maybe it can be turned on/off in settings (I'll be leaving it on!) on the infotainment. Or there's a button on the back of it. I know some folks don't like it.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If your photo is up here by the rearview mirror...I wonder if that is the microphone for the Sync system (so it can hear voice commands and for phone calls etc. ?

1603281518468.png
@srogers

I just realized that my 2020 Explorer has something similar. It also has the intelligent adaptive cruise control system cameras. I now think this is a light sensor.

From our vehicle:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Todays Events 10-20-2020: Red Bank, NJ and Redwood City, CA! FAF55CED-EEE1-4A5B-A010-E4FCE41E29FA

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Beware it might interfere with front facing radar. I wanted to do the same thing on my car but the parking sensors didn't like it.
Is there a radar (for adaptive cc) or does it work with camera's like Tesla?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Beware it might interfere with front facing radar. I wanted to do the same thing on my car but the parking sensors didn't like it.
That's no longer an issue as there's no tow hook. Hopefully one of the companies making no-drill mounts will save us.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Is there a radar (for adaptive cc) or does it work with camera's like Tesla?
It uses both. We just don't know the details of how they are combined and which are used for what ADAS or driver assist features.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
It uses both. We just don't know the details of how they are combined and which are used for what ADAS or driver assist features.
Most likely a lot less phantom braking, thing i hate the most about Tesla

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
That's no longer an issue as there's no tow hook. Hopefully one of the companies making no-drill mounts will save us.
I wonder if there is any sort of structure inside the tow hook door that would allow a license plate holder to be attached? Maybe not a formal tow hook receiver, but something sturdy enough that an enterprising company could build a bracket which could bolt/screw on? I am going to the road show stop in Schenctady, NY on 11/12 and will try to check this unless someone else beats me to it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder if there is any sort of structure inside the tow hook door that would allow a license plate holder to be attached? Maybe not a formal tow hook receiver, but something sturdy enough that an enterprising company could build a bracket which could bolt/screw on? I am going to the road show stop in Schenctady, NY on 11/12 and will try to check this unless someone else beats me to it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Todays Events 10-20-2020: Red Bank, NJ and Redwood City, CA! IMG_6043

I see a couple of spots in there that might be possible but then you have to deal with the panel staying open and disconnecting the retainer for the panel. I think if we're having to do that we're better off with something that attaches from underneath.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Todays Events 10-20-2020: Red Bank, NJ and Redwood City, CA! IMG_6043

I see a couple of spots in there that might be possible but then you have to deal with the panel staying open and disconnecting the retainer for the panel. I think if we're having to do that we're better off with something that attaches from underneath.
Hmmmm...I would be willing to remove the original panel and replace it with another that "surrounded" a bracket, even if the replacement panel was black, since it would be pretty well covered by the license plate. Maybe that is asking too much of an accessory dealer.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
You should never have to access those wires. The MME should tell you if your battery is not healthy.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
You should never have to access those wires. The MME should tell you if your battery is not healthy.
my battery hasn't been healthy for a long time

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
What do you mean? It let's you get into the frunk if your 12-volt is dead so you can jump the battery.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
What do you mean? It let's you get into the frunk if your 12-volt is dead so you can jump the battery.
Exactly, I have two BEV's and zero dead batteries. If one of my current BEVs has a feature like that, I wouldn't know it.
Sponsored