Too early to reserve? (Mach E wanted 7/2021)

M22T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Mach E GT
Country flag
I am eager to get a Mach E. My current lease doesn't end until July 2021. Is it too early for me to reserve the GT if I am looking for delivery in the summer of 2021? TIA.
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Yeah, me, too. My lease is up 10/2021. Would like delivery between 9/2021 and 11/2021. Before the snow flies! ❄

I realize it would be a guesstimate but it would give me an idea. I'd work with my dealer once I get ready to order.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I am eager to get a Mach E. My current lease doesn't end until July 2021. Is it too early for me to reserve the GT if I am looking for delivery in the summer of 2021? TIA.
Great to hear. You can still order by just going to Ford website. If you are outside the US, there is a different process for your country.

OP
OP

M22T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Mach E GT
Country flag
Not too familiar with how reservation works...

If the vehicle is ready say... in winter or spring of 2021, does that mean I would have to either buy it or get the deposit refunded, and lose my place in line? Hard for me to guess the inventory on the GT come summer 2021.

Mach Dad

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Based on the fact they have moved the delivery date expectation to late summer, and you would be presumably behind anyone else whose already reserved the GT you wouldn't likely get it until late 2021.

However Ford has never given any indication on how many reservations or orders have been placed for the Mach E never less the GT version.

So really, who knows.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Based on the fact they have moved the delivery date expectation to late summer, and you would be presumably behind anyone else whose already reserved the GT you wouldn't likely get it until late 2021.

However Ford has never given any indication on how many reservations or orders have been placed for the Mach E never less the GT version.

So really, who knows.
The estimate from early reservations was 35% of North American orders were for GTs. The reservations database only shows about 8%. If we assume 20% of NA orders are GTs, out of 20,000 NA vehicles, that's 4,000 2021 GTs. Even if it's 35% that's 7,000. If they keep production at 1,300 cars per week, the whole GT run will only take 3-6 weeks.

However, I agree with the others. If your lease expires June 2021 I think you want to reserve yesterday.

OP
OP

M22T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Mach E GT
Country flag
thank you to everyone who replied. much appreciated. I went ahead and reserved one this evening... #391200.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I am going to get a Premium so any guesses for last quarter of 2021?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am going to get a Premium so any guesses for last quarter of 2021?
Have you reserved one yet? If so, the date or number of your reservation will help on the guess.
If not, it might be late Spring/early Summer if they run the rest of them before the GTs or late summer if they run them after already reserved GTs.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, me, too. My lease is up 10/2021. Would like delivery between 9/2021 and 11/2021. Before the snow flies! ❄

I realize it would be a guesstimate but it would give me an idea. I'd work with my dealer once I get ready to order.
Don't really know, but typically Sep-Nov would be the start of the next model year. I would guess getting one of the first 2022's would fit that timing.

But I don't think we've specifically heard a peep about 2022 model year Mach-e timing or expectations yet.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm new here and have a similar question as to timing on when to order a Select. I also have a lease that expires July 2021 (although I believe I can do a three-month extension) and I'm getting the impression that I should probably be moving now. Until finding this forum, I must admit to being *completely* uninformed about the process for getting in line--I've been absorbing a lot, but there's also a lot to learn so I appreciate the guidance.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm new here and have a similar question as to timing on when to order a Select. I also have a lease that expires July 2021 (although I believe I can do a three-month extension) and I'm getting the impression that I should probably be moving now. Until finding this forum, I must admit to being *completely* uninformed about the process for getting in line--I've been absorbing a lot, but there's also a lot to learn so I appreciate the guidance.
First... Welcome!

Trying to time it for a July delivery is a tricky one. My gut feel from what we've seen so far is that placing an order now would probably show up before July. It's also possible that all reservations will have been filled by then and people will just be able to walk in and buy from lot inventory in July.

But OTOH, if the Mach-e proves to be a hot commodity (and it appears it could be), there could be orders rolling in every month, and they could end up selling out all 50,000 2021's before July.

A typical next model year release is around September, but that can easily shift many months +/- for a specific model. We really have no idea what that will be for the 2022 Mach-e. Or whether they'll have online reservations for it. I've assumed that was just for this 1st-year release, but Ford probably doesn't even know that yet.

I'd probably just keep following info here, and when it gets closer, start talking to your dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
First... Welcome!

Trying to time it for a July delivery is a tricky one. My gut feel from what we've seen so far is that placing an order now would probably show up before July. It's also possible that all reservations will have been filled by then and people will just be able to walk in and buy from lot inventory in July.

But OTOH, if the Mach-e proves to be a hot commodity (and it appears it could be), there could be orders rolling in every month, and they could end up selling out all 50,000 2021's before July.

A typical next model year release is around September, but that can easily shift many months +/- for a specific model. We really have no idea what that will be for the 2022 Mach-e. Or whether they'll have online reservations for it. I've assumed that was just for this 1st-year release, but Ford probably doesn't even know that yet.

I'd probably just keep following info here, and when it gets closer, start talking to your dealer.
My guess would be to watch and wait for a while. If you order now, your Select might arrive early in the year. Placing an order sometime in the October to December timeframe might be best. I certainly think all non-GTs will be produced by June or July.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would suggest that you wait for the 2022's and plan on extending your lease month-to-month. If you order a non-GT this year, I would guess it will be produced in the spring before the changeover to GT production. That would put the delivery of your select before July even in the best case for your situation.
Sponsored