Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome.

3). When you punch the gas pedal and take off ... does everyone giggle like a school girl?! :) Holy smokes!!
Only every single time.
Be cautious about calling it a gas pedal, some people will give you a hard time

Charging…why does my Ford pass say it’s aiming for 100% battery but will only have a range of 231 miles? (I thought the GT is 270 miles)??
Perfectly normal question. Would advise checking out this post on why it is commonly referred to as the guess-o-meter
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Did you ever find a solution?
Nope I have not. If you find it before me please let me know. I'll bookmark this thread as well so if I figure it out I'll let you know.

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Ummm, might be related to your question #3! Others have called this the Guess-O-Meter or GOM. It seems to get more accurate the more you drive the car. I'd suggest give it a couple of weeks and see what it says and how accurate it is.
Okay, Im going to watch for a couple weeks.

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Nope I have not. If you find it before me please let me know. I'll bookmark this thread as well so if I figure it out I'll let you know.
Thanks, Ill do the same. I have to replicate it a few times to see whats up. I had similar on my ford Edge when I first got it. I had the guy drive with me for a while and listen...very similar noise.

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome.

Only every single time.

Perfectly normal question. Would advise checking out this post on why it is commonly referred to as the guess-o-meter
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/
Thanks, Ill check it out. And anyone can give me a hard time... I dont care. Call it a lightning pedal, "the thing on the floor on the right" or whatever... the point will get across. :)

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
On the GOM…. Even after 6 months and 5000 miles, my GOM is still an idiot number. Don’t take it too seriously. True range is obtainable by looking at your trip meter efficiency and multiplying multiplying by your kwh of charge.
My trip meter shows efficiency of 3.1 miles/kwh over the last 800 miles or so. I have an 88 kwh battery. So my Range at 100% State of Charge should be 272 miles. Instead it shows 194 miles at 77%. 194/0.77= 252. So my GOM would say 252 at 100%. Only on days over 85°F has my GOM ever agreed with my actual efficiency.

Last edited:

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Took delivery of my GT last night. I have a few questions if anyone with knowledge can answer:

1). Has anyone heard a slight metallic "rattle" near the passenger seat dash area? Only on the roads that are not perfectly smooth and without the sound system on.

2). Charging with the included charger. I have it pluged into a 240v outlet. (number 6 wire and a 50amp breaker). According to Ford Pass, it is currently charging at 7kWh and I have added 18 miles in about 1 hour and 16 minutes. Does this seem accurate? Is there something I need to do to make sure its on the max setting (inside the car or on the charger/app)?

3). When you punch the gas pedal and take off ... does everyone giggle like a school girl?! :) Holy smokes!!

Thanks!
What, no accompanying picture??? Nothing better than to see a new MME on the road!!! Congratulations and enjoy.

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had the passenger dash rattle for a day or two early on, and it mercifully went away on its own. Six months in and haven't had it return.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Do not forget that 8% of that charge power is lost in inverter efficiency. So what is 7, is really 7x.92 Or 6.44 kWh To the battery. I have used it on a 30 amp breaker many times and it did not trip, and by kW calc, I think it really gives 28 true amps @240V or 6.72 Kw or 6.2 after efficiency loss. Some day I will measure it at the panel and report it.
Please don't do that if the system isn't rated for it. A 32A charger should be run on a 40A breaker. You need the 20% derating due to the sustained high load.

nicholaspe

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I’m so glad we have these forums! Picked up my Premium AWD extended the other day. First thing I noticed was it said 100% charged and estimating 240 miles. Over the last couple of days it has certainly seemed like the charge goes fast. I’m sure I’m driving it a bit hard since it’s a new thrill for me. However I really didn’t think I was that inefficient. At 49% charge it estimated about 90 miles. Seems low. I’m gathering from earlier responses that this is the normal evolution of battery calibration and I just need to give it some time to get to know me. Just tell me it’ll be ok or Im going to put gas in the frunk!!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
First of all, congr on your new MME!

<snip>.
<snip>
“Hit the gas man! Hit the gas!” ?‍♂

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Thanks, Ill check it out. And anyone can give me a hard time... I dont care. Call it a lightning pedal, "the thing on the floor on the right" or whatever... the point will get across. :)
Just call it the GO pedal. ;)

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag