Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Took our Premium EAWD to the track, car has 295/40 rear and 255/45 front tires so it should 60' very well but it's SLOW!!! Ford should be able to easily get. 5 second faster off the line with just an update to the programming which would easily make this a 12 second car. 13.6@102 ain't bad though. Sorry everything is in vertical so I could post to tiktok as well :)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Took my Mach-E Premium EAWD to the track for some drag racing (timeslips + videos) 1626022676520

Ford Mustang Mach-E Took my Mach-E Premium EAWD to the track for some drag racing (timeslips + videos) 1626022701948

Links to videos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LDkKN4orcAqsf6h18
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eb5LX3nbFhY8DjAj7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CzbGt2YmZZBaVaFL8

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Those 60' should be much better given the torque. Hopefully Ford is just taking it slow on the initial performance and have plans to optimize through updates.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Those 60' should be much better given the torque. Hopefully Ford is just taking it slow on the initial performance and have plans to optimize through updates.
Or they're reserving that kind of performance for the GT's

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the vids, that was great.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Very cool! Nice seeing real world numbers.
Not a knock but you think those wide tires are slowing you down? I know my standard range has a little less power than the extended but I get no wheel spin from a dead stop.

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Or they're reserving that kind of performance for the GT's
Very cool! Nice seeing real world numbers.
Not a knock but you think those wide tires are slowing you down? I know my standard range has a little less power than the extended but I get no wheel spin from a dead stop.
So here's a Ford Tremor RWD truck running a 1.8 60' and doing a 12.9@101. Tremor weighs the same as the Mach E basically. The MPH shows that we're about the same power and the Mach he probably is up about 10HP comparatively but running a slower 13.6 vs 12.9. Why? Can't get off the line, all the time was wasted in the 60' which is KEY to going fast. I'm hoping Ford can do some small updates to the launch capabilities to make that happen. The GT should be an 11 second car if they can do it properly.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Took my Mach-E Premium EAWD to the track for some drag racing (timeslips + videos) 1626104503214

Last edited:

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
The 60' time is killing the run. I bet it is the electric nannies on the car, as you note.

As a long-time drag racer, i have been a bit surprised with the Mach E from a dig. Clearly being held back by the computer. Gun it from 10 or 15 mph and it throws you back in the seat. Will even break the wheels loose a slight bit. But from a complete stop, the power delivery is definitely being throttled.

Future OTA for "launch control" or similar? Or maybe that is just for the GT...

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I am guessing the acceleration limiting is more due to software limitations to improve mechanical reliability for the size parts used in the drivetrain. Getting something this heavy to launch properly will most likely end up with broken CV joints as well as possibly axles and or differentials.
While I haven't received my mach-E yet I have test driven several models and have noticed the limiters at work during hard acceleration.
Yes software could me modified by Ford to increase the 60 foot times but thats not what they are trying to sell, though it would be a great option the the GT P model.

Tony

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am guessing the acceleration limiting is more due to software limitations to improve mechanical reliability for the size parts used in the drivetrain. Getting something this heavy to launch properly will most likely end up with broken CV joints as well as possibly axles and or differentials.
While I haven't received my mach-E yet I have test driven several models and have noticed the limiters at work during hard acceleration.
Yes software could me modified by Ford to increase the 60 foot times but thats not what they are trying to sell, though it would be a great option the the GT P model.

Tony
Factory parts on my CTS-V at 4600lbs with me in it runs 1.49 60's when it runs 10's :)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Yep, those are some sad 60 ft times considering AWD and 346/428 hp/tq delivered “instantly” via electric motors. I did an overnight test drive of an FE and we got consistent 4.8-5.0 0-60 runs via my dragy, I think the best 60 ft times were 1.95-2.0 though. And it certainly feels as if Ford has programmed in a soft initial launch up until about 10-15mph, as others have stated.

Still, the 13.6@102 is pretty much on top of the best results I’ve seen in mainstream mags - [email protected] being the best.

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Haha. Yep. Sounds like either a 3500 stall and stickys or a 6-sp with a 4K launch and stickys.
Nope stock stall/trans/driveshaft/axles at that time, same with many others.
The V is amazing for getting off the line for being a fat pig.

Here's a video of it at the track with a 1.507 60'

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The 60' time is killing the run. I bet it is the electric nannies on the car, as you note.

As a long-time drag racer, i have been a bit surprised with the Mach E from a dig. Clearly being held back by the computer. Gun it from 10 or 15 mph and it throws you back in the seat. Will even break the wheels loose a slight bit. But from a complete stop, the power delivery is definitely being throttled.

Future OTA for "launch control" or similar? Or maybe that is just for the GT...
Yeah I think this is where Tesla has it, they just dump a bunch of power to the motors and you get that head snap effect. Which is definitely fun.

Makes me curious if the 0-60 on a MME would be faster if you did a quick roll in on the throttle instead of just mashing it to the floor.

Might also be why they quote 0-60 time after the 1ft roll out, but I think that might be an industry thing too because they aren't the only ones doing it.

EDIT: changed it to 1ft roll out

Last edited:
OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yeah I think this is where Tesla has it, they just dump a bunch of power to the motors and you get that head snap effect. Which is definitely fun.

Makes me curious if the 0-60 on a MME would be faster if you did a quick roll in on the throttle instead of just mashing it to the floor.

Might also be why they quote 0-60 time after the 5ft roll out, but I think that might be an industry thing too because they aren't the only ones doing it.
1ft rollout would definitely improve it vs dead stop. I can spin all four at around 20MPH

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
...13.6@102 ain't bad though.
That is not bad at all! I drag raced my 2002 Camaro SS at Firebird a few times, and it was a consistent 13.4 @ 105, so the MME is damn close. Which is really impressive for something that weighs so much more.

Mr. Ed (our MME) is the wife's daily driver, so not sure she would be thrilled with me drag racing it.
So thanks for sharing!
Sponsored