Keithl

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
So I found the unicorn in metro Atlanta. Seems several show in the dealer inventory, but are only being built and then shipped. Jim Tidwell Ford in Kennesaw GA has a white Premium RED standard battery. Today was chilly here about 35F when I got to the dealer. They were expecting me and had the car fully charged. When they pulled it up I was surprised it appeared smaller than I was expecting. I spent some time walking around the car and checked out the space in the rear and the frunk. I sat in the back seat and the legroom was very good.

I jumped into the drivers seat and spent some time getting seating set, mirrors no spent a few minutes checking out the giant tablet. I was still and hit the road. Very smooth and quiet. I had some windows open a bit since the dealer had been in the car before me. It was 35F outside and the car was 100% charged but show 136 miles of range. Damn cold really hurts the range.

The ride quality was great. I made sure the tires were not over or under inflated. The low center of gravity made the handling good, felt more car like that “SUV” like. The heated seats and steering wheel was very warm. The tablet infotainment was actually fairly easy to figure out. I turned off the propulsion sound and switched to one pedal mode. The instant torque when punching it just pushes you back into the seat. It cornered well and just felt well refined and complainant.

Pulled over with car “running” heat, heated seats and wheel running to play with tablet and the sound system and headed back to dealer. I think I put 6-10 miles in the car and when I returned the car actually had 137 miles of range left, so seems the one pedal driving helped recoup some of what I spend driving and the temps went up a few degrees.

ocerqll very impressive vehicle. But, and there is some buts...

- the seats lacked good side support and the seat bottom felt very flat. I struggled to find a good comfortable position. The seat has weird travel and I went to move it all the way back and up, but at one point to starts to come back forward as it nears the highest setting.

- B&O sound system, clearly in name only. Sound could,have been out of a boner Fiesta. Very disappointed in default settings it lacked bass and was too front loaded out of front speakers. I had to move the fader to the middle of the back seat to have some reasonable full sound stage.

- the side mirrors are rather small for a “suv”m but I gather they are shaped and sized for aerodynamics and range more than functionality

I went in stoked to be impressed and order one. I left a tad perplexed and not sure I will order one. I need to go back and speed more time with it. Also there are 2 other EVs I wish were out to compare to, the ID4 and the Nissan Airya. The good news is I sold my car last month and with wife and I working from home we just use her RDX for now.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
- B&O sound system, clearly in name only. Sound could,have been out of a boner Fiesta. Very disappointed in default settings it lacked bass and was too front loaded out of front speakers. I had to move the fader to the middle of the back seat to have some reasonable full sound stage.

- the side mirrors are rather small for a “suv”m but I gather they are shaped and sized for aerodynamics and range more than functionality

I went in stoked to be impressed and order one. I left a tad perplexed and not sure I will order one. I need to go back and speed more time with it. Also there are 2 other EVs I wish were out to compare to, the ID4 and the Nissan Airya. The good news is I sold my car last month and with wife and I working from home we just use her RDX for now.
Sadly, no boner in my Fiesta -- it's the automated dual dry clutch DPS6. But it does have great "Sony" sound! To me, anyway. I'm not into heavy bass.