sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Ioniq has the killer feature, V2L. If MME had that, it'd be a no-brainer.
Eh - The Ionic's solutions is not the best design and seems more like an afterthought. The F150 Lightning V2L and V2H solutions are much much better thought out and planned.
Sponsored

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
I haven't seen one in person but the Ioniq photos are not all that striking to me.
The gold is, it's also matte, and it's also not available here. Second place is a plum, also not available here. We don't get the best colors in USA.

The EV6 matte Steel is better than anything on the MME, but again, matte, and the MME has gray's enough.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Top Gear Review - Ioniq 5 vs ID.3 vs Mach-E 1633385528575

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
Seems like all 3 cars have bypassed the QA checks, as all of them are mirrored. The steering wheels are supposed to be on the left side of the cars!

EU should make a rule about this before the UK start their brEUntrance campain ✋

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
The gold is, it's also matte, and it's also not available here. Second place is a plum, also not available here. We don't get the best colors in USA.

The EV6 matte Steel is better than anything on the MME, but again, matte, and the MME has gray's enough.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Top Gear Review - Ioniq 5 vs ID.3 vs Mach-E 1633385528575
Ford's lacking color selection aside, the design of the Hyundai does not stand out as special to me. YMMV.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Ioniq has the killer feature, V2L. If MME had that, it'd be a no-brainer.
Its not at all like what you are going to get with the Lightning - I was REALLY disappointed when I was what it really is. They give you an adapter to plug into the charge port that has one to two standard wall type outlets, it does not feed back into your home.

If you want the same capability, buy a 1500 watt power inverter and hook it up to the +/- battery posts - and leave the car on, but in park, and it should do exactly the same thing. The first one I see on Amazon is $218, and it works with any vehicle with a 12V battery. I bought one at Fry's years ago to power our fridge when a local transformer blew up and ran it for several hours a day off of our Chevy minivan. idling in the driveway.

Or, buy an F150 with the real thing.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I like the Ioniq 5, had they been out when I was looking to buy I would had bought it over the MME. I just did not have any faith in it getting released this year and I was in a position where I had to get something now.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a question on Something that was mentioned in the article.

is the Mustang whistle sound coming from the side view mirrors real and annoying at highway speeds?

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have a question on Something that was mentioned in the article.

is the Mustang whistle sound coming from the side view mirrors real and annoying at highway speeds?
I've never heard a whistling sound from the side mirrors. The cabin is eerily quiet on the road, even in rain. The only thing I can think of here is that the Premium trim may have extra thick driver's side windows, and the Select (which they appear to be driving) may not.

CyanLite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
Its not at all like what you are going to get with the Lightning - I was REALLY disappointed when I was what it really is. They give you an adapter to plug into the charge port that has one to two standard wall type outlets, it does not feed back into your home.

If you want the same capability, buy a 1500 watt power inverter and hook it up to the +/- battery posts - and leave the car on, but in park, and it should do exactly the same thing. The first one I see on Amazon is $218, and it works with any vehicle with a 12V battery. I bought one at Fry's years ago to power our fridge when a local transformer blew up and ran it for several hours a day off of our Chevy minivan. idling in the driveway.

Or, buy an F150 with the real thing.
Ioniq5 is using the HVB and can run electrical loads for like 2-3 days, and without the fumes of an ICE vehicle.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
According to Bjorn, the Ioniq 5 has low voltage sag (6% drop) which implies to me low battery IR (and high quality batteries). See video:

The Tesla has 18% approx voltage sag according to Bjorn and from the ID.4 thread with data I measured a 30+v drop on hard acceleration (25mph to 80mph) which is about 9% sag.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Ioniq5 is using the HVB and can run electrical loads for like 2-3 days, and without the fumes of an ICE vehicle.
I understand I was overly optimistic that it could feed the entire home. I understand that compared to the F150 it could likely only power an entire home for up to a day or maybe two at normal usage, but that's where I thought they were going.

Keeping several circuits running for days will be very nice. My point was that you can do the same thing with your Mach E with one of these adapters if you leave it powered on - still with no ICE fumes.

And then, when the main battery finally drops to 30%, you can move the adapter over to an ICE vehicle while you take your Mach E to a working charging station and replenish it.

Since the car has to be "on" to do this, unlike the Ioniq5, it would be best to do this with your ICE vehicle parked behind it in the driveway, or with the MMe in the garage. Note that you can't currently put a Chevy Bolt in your garage btw.

Ioniq5 is a great car, and that's a nice feature. MMe owners don't need to sell their car to get similar functionality however, its a cheap upgrade.

Magnitude

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Route 1
Country flag
My first choice was the ioniq. Got tired of waiting and test drove the Volkswagen. My wife loved driving it. But she hated the frunk. And I did not like the built and size.. showed her a picture of an available route 1 at a local dealer and she didn't hesitate to tell me to buy it. The ford feels like a tank. In a good way. Everything is tight and well built. Plenty of room and plenty of performance. Kids love the huge screen on the center.

Reactions: ZSR

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
My first choice was the ioniq. Got tired of waiting and test drove the Volkswagen. My wife loved driving it. But she hated the frunk. And I did not like the built and size.. showed her a picture of an available route 1 at a local dealer and she didn't hesitate to tell me to buy it. The ford feels like a tank. In a good way. Everything is tight and well built. Plenty of room and plenty of performance. Kids love the huge screen on the center.
My kids and all their friends LOVE the cool Mach-e. And they like the electric Porsche and the model S. They do not blink twice for the id4 or Ioniq . And yes the cool ?? From my kids is a nice perk?
Sponsored