sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
No, the Y is 4.6 with the 1 ft rollout. Tesla's shady marketing uses the rollout on Performance models, no rollout on the non-Performance models.
That is definitely shady. But nevertheless, even if true, neither Ford nor Tesla markets their car as anything but, to the end consumer here. So it's 4.8 0-60 for both cars as far as official numbers are concerned :D

Ford Mustang Mach-E Top Gear & Teslarati: Mach-E vs Model Y 1616030774778

Ford Mustang Mach-E Top Gear & Teslarati: Mach-E vs Model Y 1616030870500

1616030751701.png

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Yeah, I’m gonna give a little more credence to the opinion of a professional auto journalist who will drive more cars this year than you’ll drive in a lifetime.

The psycholgy of people needing to publicly justify a purchase is always fascinating.
Well I'm a fan of top gear since the 90s, and I respect their reviews.
But again, comparing a performance model Y to a MME isn't professional journalism. Not comparing proper range figures is ballant partiality to model y.
I may not drive as many in my lifetime, but would atleast be honest about it.

This is my personal experience of driving a model y for a month and then a month with mach e, my opinion is that the Mach e rides better and handles better. AWD capability is better on the model Y.

And I will definitely beat you on a track with my MME and you in the LR MY

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, I’m gonna give a little more credence to the opinion of a professional auto journalist who will drive more cars this year than you’ll drive in a lifetime.

The psycholgy of people needing to publicly justify a purchase is always fascinating.
You don't need to be an auto journalist to understand that they're comparing apples to oranges. Any layman who reads the specs can make the comparison.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
That is definitely shady. But nevertheless, even if true, neither Ford nor Tesla markets their car as anything but, to the end consumer here. So it's 4.8 0-60 for both cars as far as official numbers are concerned :D

1616030774778.png

1616030870500.png

1616030751701.png

Tesla's 0-60 numbers are actually very conservative with Major Magazines handily beating them using the roll outs and perfect conditions. Ford's 0-60 estimate in the other hand is very optimistic and one of the major magazines matched it and the other got 5.1 seconds with a roll out (major magazines being MT and C&D).

In the real world the MY LR AWD is significantly quicker to 60 than the MME if that matters to you.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Why not compare the standard Autopilot instead? Full FSD is completely different since it also adds summon, autopark, full self driving on both highways and in the city.
Standard autopilot doesn't do auto park in, auto park out, lane centering, speed sign recognition, curve speed reduction, etc.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Few things to point out. Is the model y 0 to 60 faster yes. Is it a lot not.

Is the tesla network of fast chargers better now? yes But again most people charge at home.

Handling is more to your taste of how you drive. Too many reviews like the handling of the mache as it's more fun to drive. But again that is up to how you like to preload and drive your corners.

riding yeah the mache rides way better.

When the model y first came out pricing a model y long-range with taxes and all fees would put you over 63,000. Now teslas price is a little lower now but still, things factor in. Still, apples to apples a launch version of the model y was more than a launch version of mache awd ext.

You don't want a white tesla, add 1,000 dollars. You want red add 2,000 dollars.
yes, ford chargers around 400 for red but that is a 1,600 price difference.

Mache, pick black or space grey interior no upcharge. Tesla, you want white adds another 1,000.

Now rims we can play this two ways. Stock 19inch rims on the mache AWD ext are wayyyyy better looking than the stock 19 inch on the tesla, not even close. But tesla does offer 20-inch rims that look better than their 19 inch but cost 2,000 more. So either the mache wins here or you pay 2,000 more for decent-looking rims but also lose range on the model y.

Also, the interest rates from ford compared to tesla are better. Tesla Model Y does not even have 36 months.
With everyone here in the states able to get the x plan that takes around 700 off and caps certain fees. Tesla fees add up to more than ford's also.

You take a tesla model y long-range add red paint, white inteiror, and 20-inch rims, fees and higher interest rate and no x plan pricing. The mache comes in cheaper right now than the model y long range.

That is apples to apples.
@supertramp here are your apples.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Tesla's 0-60 numbers are actually very conservative with Major Magazines handily beating them using the roll outs and perfect conditions. Ford's 0-60 estimate in the other hand is very optimistic and one of the major magazines matched it and the other got 5.1 seconds with a roll out (major magazines being MT and C&D).

In the real world the MY LR AWD is significantly quicker to 60 than the MME if that matters to you.
correct ford and tesla both say 0 to 60 4.8. But I have tested both vehicles and side by side. Model y is a car length and half faster. That being said it's not major lol but it is what it is.

But with tesla having ota updates perfecting that ford also could tweek around and get things closer.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
What Mach E costs $7k less than Model Y LR? Select Standard RWD? Please... If you compare apples to apples Model Y LR costs $49,990 without credit and comparable MME (AWD Extended range) costs $54,700 without credit - so, yes, there is a difference, but it's $2.8K, not $14K - sorry...
That’s close, but you also have to add in $1,100 to $2,600 in Ford Bonus Cash incentives, and another $1,000 savings with x-plan pricing (which anyone can get with a little planning. All told, the MME Ext AWD is at least $5k cheaper than the MYLR. Currently. Tesla seems to change its pricing week to week.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Yes, but I'm just referring to the official specs.
If we get into real world performance, then we can talk about range, and note that the Model Y's actual range is apparently worse than the AWD Ex Mach-E's. By 30 miles or so.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-vs-model-y-range-test-alex-on-autos.4488/

Primarily, this is due to the Mach-E's bigger battery (which leads to heavier weight, which is also probably why it's slightly slower in the 0-60).

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Few things to point out. Is the model y 0 to 60 faster yes. Is it a lot not.

Is the tesla network of fast chargers better now? yes But again most people charge at home.

Handling is more to your taste of how you drive. Too many reviews like the handling of the mache as it's more fun to drive. But again that is up to how you like to preload and drive your corners.

riding yeah the mache rides way better.

When the model y first came out pricing a model y long-range with taxes and all fees would put you over 63,000. Now teslas price is a little lower now but still, things factor in. Still, apples to apples a launch version of the model y was more than a launch version of mache awd ext.

You don't want a white tesla, add 1,000 dollars. You want red add 2,000 dollars.
yes, ford chargers around 400 for red but that is a 1,600 price difference.

Mache, pick black or space grey interior no upcharge. Tesla, you want white adds another 1,000.

Now rims we can play this two ways. Stock 19inch rims on the mache AWD ext are wayyyyy better looking than the stock 19 inch on the tesla, not even close. But tesla does offer 20-inch rims that look better than their 19 inch but cost 2,000 more. So either the mache wins here or you pay 2,000 more for decent-looking rims but also lose range on the model y.

Also, the interest rates from ford compared to tesla are better. Tesla Model Y does not even have 36 months.
With everyone here in the states able to get the x plan that takes around 700 off and caps certain fees. Tesla fees add up to more than ford's also.

You take a tesla model y long-range add red paint, white inteiror, and 20-inch rims, fees and higher interest rate and no x plan pricing. The mache comes in cheaper right now than the model y long range.

That is apples to apples.
Well, at least thank you for not forcing to buy FSD with Tesla MY - because some people decided that you HAVE TO buy FSD is you buy Tesla. If that the case, MME still not $14K cheaper as some dreamers are stating. As for other stuff you mentioned - it's all options, it is not MUST TO BUY and anybody can live without it, so, again, forcing to buy those options is not a correct way when you compare prices of different cars. For example, I chose to buy MME and not MY LR mostly because I had a choice to buy RWD Standard range (plus of course I like look of MME better) - that made my purchase feasible. If I had to buy MME only with AWD and Extended range configuration, I would not probably be able to convince myself do so

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
That’s close, but you also have to add in $1,100 to $2,600 in Ford Bonus Cash incentives, and another $1,000 savings with x-plan pricing (which anyone can get with a little planning. All told, the MME Ext AWD is at least $5k cheaper than the MYLR. Currently. Tesla seems to change its pricing week to week.
Well, then you have to also mention that if I lease MY LR for 36 months, 12000 miles and $5000 downpayment, I will be paying less than $500/month. And my Ford Options for the same conditions (with $2600 incentive) costs me $731/moth for the cheaper MME configuration (cheaper than MY LR). Of course, after I get Tax rebate next April-May, I will be able to get closer to Tesla's numbers.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, at least thank you for not forcing to buy FSD with Tesla MY - because some people decided that you HAVE TO buy FSD is you buy Tesla. If that the case, MME still not $14K cheaper as some dreamers are stating. As for other stuff you mentioned - it's all options, it is not MUST TO BUY and anybody can live without it, so, again, forcing to buy those options is not a correct way when you compare prices of different cars. For example, I chose to buy MME and not MY LR mostly because I had a choice to buy RWD Standard range (plus of course I like look of MME better) - that made my purchase feasible. If I had to buy MME only with AWD and Extended range configuration, I would not probably be able to convince myself do so
My points are not at anyone, Just facts in general. and comparing the same as what ford offers compared to tesla for the same version as listed.

Unless you want simple white paint and black interior and cheaper wheels. the difference is apples to apples and facts. Also, tesla 2.49% vs ford 0.9% for 48 months is a savings right there.

Options are not a lease that is also not apples to apples compared to a tesla lease. Ford lease vs tesla lease would be.
And tesla might be way cheaper or higher there. I don't know I didn't really dig into the lease.

Again I said what model of both and the prices. Apples to apple facts about my statement.

If someone wants to buy a cheaper version or higher that is fine also. But simply put the mache awd ext is the version vs tesla model y long-range like I pointed out.

And also the reason I did purchasing is that 70% to 75% of all sales are fiancee and not leased. Reaches out to more people not all but in general more.

People can buy which every version of each they like. But again comparing mache gt to model y performance, mache AWD EXT vs model y long range is the apples to apples test.

Ford also gives your more different version than the model y does.
Everyone's taste in what they buy is different, yeper. But most don't settle or basic white, or black interior or those rims. So then when you take data as a whole you see the average true cost.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, I think your math is off some. Here is the tesla lease still over 500 a month.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Top Gear & Teslarati: Mach-E vs Model Y 1616046102218

The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E is a compact suv that features Pedestrian Detection, Wireless Charging, and Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go. Leasing the Ford Mustang Mach-E can be a good option through a variety of lease deals, options, and packages. The average lease payment for the Ford Mustang Mach-E is $700/mo with $2,000 due at signing for a 36-month term with a 12,000 annual mileage limit.

So your also putting down 4,206 dollars less for the ford lease. so that savings over 36 months would make the mache lease payment 584 a month. So yes the model y is 73 dollars a month cheaper to lease for 36 months. But not as big as a margin as you said.
Sponsored

Last edited: