'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
You don't get it do you. We're comparing the premium to the model Y equivalent, you seem to be stuck on select.
It's shocking that you are a software engineer - I thought that field requires logic. Tragic... You started the whole thing stating that MME is cheaper than Model Y ER by $7K. I responded that the only model $7K cheaper than MY ER is Select - $50K vs $43K. If you REALLY !!! want to compare Premium AWD Extended Range with Model Y AWD Long range, MME will cost you 5 grands more than MY LR (before the Fed Tax Credit but with Tax Credit you went even further saying it costs $14K cheaper than MY LR). And please remember - you DON'T HAVE TO buy FSD when you buy MY LR - it's an option - you can have a car without it :)

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
It's shocking that you are a software engineer - I thought that field requires logic. Tragic... You started the whole thing stating that MME is cheaper than Model Y ER by $7K. I responded that the only model $7K cheaper than MY ER is Select - $50K vs $43K. If you REALLY !!! want to compare Premium AWD Extended Range with Model Y AWD Long range, MME will cost you 5 grands more than MY LR (before the Fed Tax Credit but with Tax Credit you went even further saying it costs $14K cheaper than MY LR). And please remember - you DON'T HAVE TO buy FSD when you buy MY LR - it's an option - you can have a car without it :)
If you REALLY !!! want to compare Premium AWD Extended Range with Model Y AWD Long range, MME will cost you 5 grand more than MY LR Wrong

Tesla Model Y long-range is 49,990 plus 1,200 shipping.

Ford mache AWD EXT is 54,700 plus 1,100 shipping.

Ford mache minus 700 x plan takes it down to 54,000 plus shipping.

The difference would be 3,910. Now also I was able to get the 1,100 of my purchase with financing, not options no questions asked. So take that off also takes the difference down to, 2,810.

Of course, you still have your fees and again also the interest rates are better with ford than tesla.
48 months .09% vs 2.49%. Big difference.

Tesla model y 48 months loan would cost $53,834.62 not counting sales taxes or fees.

Ford mache EXT AWD 48 months would cost $53,877.75 not counting sales tax or fees.

So for a plain jane white tesla no paint upgrade, ugly wheels, and black interior would be the difference of
Drum roll, please..............................43.13 that is it lol. Not no 5,000. So the difference between the two is a dime and two pennies. I can find that in parking lots each day.

Have a nice day :) :cool: ? :eek: ☕ ?

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Few things to point out. Is the model y 0 to 60 faster yes. Is it a lot not.

Is the tesla network of fast chargers better now? yes But again most people charge at home.

Handling is more to your taste of how you drive. Too many reviews like the handling of the mache as it's more fun to drive. But again that is up to how you like to preload and drive your corners.

riding yeah the mache rides way better.

When the model y first came out pricing a model y long-range with taxes and all fees would put you over 63,000. Now teslas price is a little lower now but still, things factor in. Still, apples to apples a launch version of the model y was more than a launch version of mache awd ext.

You don't want a white tesla, add 1,000 dollars. You want red add 2,000 dollars.
yes, ford chargers around 400 for red but that is a 1,600 price difference.

Mache, pick black or space grey interior no upcharge. Tesla, you want white adds another 1,000.

Now rims we can play this two ways. Stock 19inch rims on the mache AWD ext are wayyyyy better looking than the stock 19 inch on the tesla, not even close. But tesla does offer 20-inch rims that look better than their 19 inch but cost 2,000 more. So either the mache wins here or you pay 2,000 more for decent-looking rims but also lose range on the model y.

Also, the interest rates from ford compared to tesla are better. Tesla Model Y does not even have 36 months.
With everyone here in the states able to get the x plan that takes around 700 off and caps certain fees. Tesla fees add up to more than ford's also.

You take a tesla model y long-range add red paint, white inteiror, and 20-inch rims, fees and higher interest rate and no x plan pricing. The mache comes in cheaper right now than the model y long range.

That is apples to apples.
Unfortunately the choice of interior seats color on the MME is only on Premium model. Otherwise you get no option except black

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know why people argue Car A is better than Car B. People on this forum have already made their purchase decision. Tesla owners on other forums have made their decision. Different cars, different buyers, basically they're nothing alike.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
I'm surprised you guys get so fired up about these comparisons.

You've decided on the MME, that should be reason enough to enjoy your choice.

And Top Gear has never been the same since the Three Blokes left. And... they never were a credible review show and still aren't. They used to be funny and now aren't.

Ok, now back to the "Donnybrook" that is this thread...

{update one minute later} I saw @pt19713's post right above mine, bright minds think alike!!

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
TLDR of the review: Model Y wins because it is spartan and has the fart app. :rolleyes:

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don't know why people argue Car A is better than Car B. People on this forum have already made their purchase decision. Tesla owners on other forums have made their decision. Different cars, different buyers, basically they're nothing alike.
I own both cars and I get a kick out of reading both forums. Everyone loves to justify their purchase. On this forum, the Y is the biggest steaming pile of feces and even a total moron would buy one. I'm sure it's the other way around on the tesla forums.

Truth is they are both great cars and good at different things

For me I look at it this way

Tesla advantages:

Better infotainment & software with more frequent updates
Vastly better seats in terms of support and bolstering
Wider stickier tires
Better charging infrastructure
Fast as hell in a straight line
Faster charging because of tesla efficiency advantage

MME advantages:

Superior steering feel in terms of feedback
Superior on-the-limit chassis balance
Better suspension tuning/ride handling balance
Better fit & finish (ford has been making cars for 100+ years and know how to manufacture)
Better NHV (less road and wind noise)

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Let me just add that they are both great. Buy what you like. And by thankful that the 2 best EVs on sale are made by american manufacturers

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
I'm glad we can support each other in our decisions instead of degrading each other and our reasons why.

Go EVs!
Sponsored