Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I was able to get 113mph in mine (std range AWD) earlier today, it didn’t look like it was going past that.
"hypothetically" you mean right? ??

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was able to get 113mph in mine (std range AWD) earlier today, it didn’t look like it was going past that.
Max speed is supposed to be 111 for non-GT, and in the 120's for the GT.

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E and Explorer Sport
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Of course under controlled conditions on a closed track...I also achieved the same result. A very obvious limiter occurred at 111 and topped at 113. Extended/AWD

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the front motor is what limits the top speed in the non-GT AWDs. I can confirm the top speed is just 111. It didn't take too long to get there...

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Did you test drive the ER AWD before getting the SR? Wondering how significant the speed and acceleration is
there's been very little in reviews about anything but ER AWD (there's a thread about this point on here somewhere) but the specs suggest it's noticeable:

Ford Mustang Mach-E - Wikipedia

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Pretty sure there is German autobahn video that shows actual 115 mph converted.

EDIT:

FBCB6A20-4B38-4E23-BD20-065F305C27CC.png

Anyone know what those are in REAL units of measure?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Who knows what it will really be, but last year when they revealed the preliminary specs that is what they were. They sounded low to me considering Tesla's max values, so maybe they will make the GT more competitive.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
According to fords specs It is 124mph for the GT and GT performance, which will officially make it the slowest top speed of any performance ford I would have ever owned when we finally get the chance to actually order it.

Not really what I would class as 'performance' but it is what it is, hopefully ford will price accordingly, as up till now it was really only the model Y performance in the cross over space that had a true performance derivative but with the Kia EV6 GT having a targeted spec of 162mph it adds more options in that playground, so ford may find they need to give the horse a bit more giddy up.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
According to fords specs It is 124mph for the GT and GT performance, which will officially make it the slowest top speed of any performance ford I would have ever owned when we finally get the chance to actually order it.

Not really what I would class as 'performance' but it is what it is, hopefully ford will price accordingly, as up till now it was really only the model Y performance in the cross over space that had a true performance derivative but with the Kia EV6 GT having a targeted spec of 162mph it adds more options in that playground, so ford may find they need to give the horse a bit more giddy up.
Yeah, I think that may be why the GT was delayed so much. Purely speculation, but I would hope that maybe they have been using the last year to improve on what is not a particularly compelling performance spec - my stock v6 coupe had a top speed of 121. As far as I know ?
Sponsored