MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Torklift Eco fits a GT Yakima HoldUp Mach-E GT
Ford Mustang Mach-E Torklift Eco fits a GT Yakima HoldUp Mach-E GT

I have the Yakima HoldUp 2 bike rack on my GT. It works great. Blue cruise is fully functional, but the reverse sensors go ballistic since there's two big bikes in the back. No impact on mileage with road bikes, All-Mountain MTBs are a different story. I got 2.1mi/kw going from sea level to 7000ft averaging 70mph with a loaded car, an Enduro E-Mtb, and a really slack all-mtn bike. There were dead bugs on the tires so they're definitely causing some drag. The huge platform pedals on the MTBs get close to the rear deck lid, but haven't touched yet, even with hard braking. I installed the ecohitch in about 3hrs taking my time. Best addition to the car so far. The gap with the rack up is 5in to the closest point on the car.

Yakima HoldUp Mach-E GT.jpg

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Just wanted to give props for the cleverness of your measurement system. Well done.

Any issues with your departure angle? Dropping that point 6 inches that far forward is a fair amount. Nothing compared to having the rack on, of course...

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I take back my earlier post. My bike does fit in the back of the MME (with the front wheel on!). It's an eBike and I worried about driving with it on the hitch rack in T-Storms, which roll in in the PM after a ride (and sometimes during). So, I tried fitting it in the back again and got it in without too much trouble. Just need to put a few blankets down and towels over the backs of the front seats to protect them from mud.

It's a relatively big bike but still fits in the back. Some dimensions: XL frame, about 68 inches total length, about 42 inches to top of seat from the ground, 20 inch wide drop handlebars.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Torklift Eco fits a GT IMG_2421

rpowell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ca rte 1
Country flag
Okay so 5.5 inches from hitch pin center to farthest away part on trunk. I think thats my take away here. I ordered a quikrstuff rack which will be 5.35" so I think a Curt is my only hitch option to avoid interference.
Im starting to think Torklift screwed up their design and recessed it too far for most common bike racks. It looks better when a rack is off but seems to require an extension in most cases. It just needs 1 more inch to be great.

rpowell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ca rte 1
Country flag
The Rockymounts is 7 inches from pin to closest part of rack which makes it work well with the Torklift. I still say torklift should extend their hitch for us 1up and quickerstuff owners since we are the cool kids.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
That looks good!

How does this impact various alerts like collision warnings and parking sensors? Do you have to turn those off?

Also, does this render Blue Cruise unusable (when you have bikes attached)?
I have to turn off backup alert when bike is on the rack....

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Okay so 5.5 inches from hitch pin center to farthest away part on trunk. I think thats my take away here. I ordered a quikrstuff rack which will be 5.35" so I think a Curt is my only hitch option to avoid interference.
Im starting to think Torklift screwed up their design and recessed it too far for most common bike racks. It looks better when a rack is off but seems to require an extension in most cases. It just needs 1 more inch to be great.
You could be correct but my Yakima rack works just fine. No interference.

SXBB

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Country flag
So the verdict is that the Curt is the only hitch for a QuikrStuff rack that won't require an extension?

Thanks
Sponsored