Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 Mach-E GT, Former: Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks! This is very helpful! Hope you are enjoying your GT. I am so excited to get mine, whenever it shows up. It is somewhere on the way to the dealer, but I am not sure exactly where. Just have to be patient for a few more weeks...
I sure am!!! Hope yours shows up soon.
Don't forget to factor the set back for the retaining pin. That will determine how far your rack actually sits from the car. I measured it to be 2.5 inches.
Sponsored

Hazmat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Here are some pics. I’ll let you do the math. Good luck!

Sorry, for some reason the shots are rotating when they post ?.

D1484804-02BA-48E9-8D6F-B345BF5D47F8.jpeg

6A99E357-79A7-4D2D-8F5D-B5841FFC183B.jpeg
Lol, was trying to figure out what I was looking at, until I read your comment about the picture being rotated

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
Nice Revel!!!

I have been using my Torklift all summer and it is great. I get BLIS warnings when I have a bike in the outbound position but mostly only carry one bike so it’s not a big deal.

My kick to open only seems to open when I am bent over the rack trying to put my bike lock through the Torklift. Other than that, it stays firmly closed, even with the rack off, regardless of whatever foot magic I try to use to open it. For what it’s worth, I couldn’t seem to do it before the TL was installed either though… ?

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Curious before you got that rack installed - did that size bike actually fit in the passenger area w/ the seats down or did you have to take off the wheel? Thinking of getting into biking but wanted to tip-toe in, get a bike then add a hitch and rack later for convenience. Where'd you find that cool mustang plug haha?

Riotous

First Name
Riotous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Curious before you got that rack installed - did that size bike actually fit in the passenger area w/ the seats down or did you have to take off the wheel? Thinking of getting into biking but wanted to tip-toe in, get a bike then add a hitch and rack later for convenience. Where'd you find that cool mustang plug haha?
This guy got a 29er in the back with the seats down, hope it's true, I don't even like a rack on my F150.- Much better in the bed/inside the vehicle (if possible).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Torklift Eco fits a GT 1634743432437

Video is here:

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
That looks like the Bronco hitch cover. Considered getting it - it does look good. The only Mustang hitch covers I could find were fairly expensive ($50 range).

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This guy got a 29er in the back with the seats down, hope it's true, I don't even like a rack on my F150.- Much better in the bed/inside the vehicle (if possible).

Video is here:
Yea I am extremely hesitant to get a hitch installed but may change my mind if I get further into biking... I don't even have a good bike yet so one thing at a time. This is an amazing shot, thank you for finding and sharing it - obviously can get a full size bike in back there.

OP
OP
AlbanyIan

AlbanyIan

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not even close to going in with both wheels on but those are big bikes, long and wide! One may be able to squeeze a road bike or something smaller with both wheels but I wouldn’t count on it being easy ?. Even with the front wheel off, it was tight.

Someone here will probably find a folding bike that they can fit into the Frunk! ?

The “mustang” plug is definitely cool! Funny how it looks like a Bronco!?! ?

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Yea I am extremely hesitant to get a hitch installed but may change my mind if I get further into biking... I don't even have a good bike yet so one thing at a time. This is an amazing shot, thank you for finding and sharing it - obviously can get a full size bike in back there.
EDIT: Tried again and actually bike does fit in the back of the MME. Even with the front wheel on.

Depends on the size of the bike, I guess. I'm 6'4" and have a large bike frame. I tried to put it in the back of the MME and it was no way. Maybe if I took the front wheel off but I didn't want to deal with that.

Plus, half the time, I carry two bikes. Plus plus, more than half the time, I ride gravel trails (sometimes muddy) and don't want to deal with all that dirt in the back of the car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlbanyIan

AlbanyIan

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I’d put air quotes around that 29er. Real mountain bikes have longer wheelbases, bigger tires, wider handlebars and a host of other bits and pieces not on that bike. ?. The dude in the video said his came from Walmart…

I also don’t want the mud and tire tracks on the seat backs. Getting rear ended though would really suck! ?

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hey, are those the Helderbergs near Altamont in the background? Wow, I am surprised that a bike does not fit easily into the rear hatch of the MME GT. I will hopefully be receiving mine in six weeks or so, and I guess getting the Torklift Eco goes up on my to do list for the new car because we do like to ride bikes around San Diego. I grew up in Albany, and my grandparents lived in Altamont, so I enjoy visiting that area, either in person or in pictures.

OP
OP
AlbanyIan

AlbanyIan

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hey, are those the Helderbergs near Altamont in the background? Wow, I am surprised that a bike does not fit easily into the rear hatch of the MME GT. I will hopefully be receiving mine in six weeks or so, and I guess getting the Torklift Eco goes up on my to do list for the new car because we do like to ride bikes around San Diego. I grew up in Albany, and my grandparents lived in Altamont, so I enjoy visiting that area, either in person or in pictures.
That’s them. Great to have in your back yard!

My Highlander would accommodate a bike inside with only half the rear seat down and a wheel off. But I usually just put it (them) on the hitch rack anyway. You can definitely fit ONE in the back but not my preference. Good luck!

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like the general consensus is then that most bikes will fit in the back of the Mach-E with at least the front wheel off. Regularly taking off the front wheel (with a quick/easy release) wouldn't be the end of the world for me as a option. However, I imagine at some point that'll get old and I will want a hitch setup. Guess I'll cross that bridge and make that decision after I decide on a new bike and use it for a while.

Thanks everyone for the helpful info!

Last edited:

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Fits like a glove on my GT with Yakima Holdup rack

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Seems like the general consensus is then that most bikes will fit in the back of the Mach-E with at least the front wheel off. Regularly taking off the front wheel (with a quick/easy release) wouldn't be the end of the world for me as a option. However, I imagine at some point that'll get old and I will want a hitch setup. Guess I'll cross that bridge and make that decision after I decide on a new bike and use it for a while.

Thanks everyone for the helpful info!
The muddy MTB is the issue for me. I ordered the ecohitch an had it installed within a week of buying the car. I used to dread packing the bike for a long trip because it meant playing tetris with everything else in the back, and the mache is surprisingly lacking on cargo capacity. Wish ford had started with an electric explorer. Every time i goose it i wonder if the rack is going to keep the ebike in place.
Sponsored