First Name
Julius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where to find Ford's sales numbers to see how many Mach-Es have been sold? I've debating whether or not to order an MME this year or next year 2023. So I can still receive the Federal EV Tax Credit.

I'm also wondering, if the Build Back Better Bill passes how does it affect TAX Credit for MME? And what is the status of the Bill?

Thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
You will have to worry about the F 150 Lightning sales as well.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This question is well documented however no one here knows the exact answer right now. This all depends on production output, if your looking at the trend and current tax laws in 2023 the rebate could be half or none. That’s a full year of sales, do research on how the tax credit reduces after the limit is reached.

Good chance in 2022 Ford reaches the ceiling, on the other hand the max might be changed.

Unknown!

Keep in mind too the price of the MME is inflated based on the credit. Ford for sure is taking advantage of this.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
2023 will most likely be 50%.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Keep in mind too the price of the MME is inflated based on the credit. Ford for sure is taking advantage of this.
I don't disagree with that statement, but - after the tax credit is used up, Ford will lower prices, right? ...right? ;)

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
2023 will most likely be 50%.
Looks that way, The EV 150 will take a bite into it. Ford could look less competitive when it hits. They might have to adjust like another car manufacturer did a while back.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don't disagree with that statement, but - after the tax credit is used up, Ford will lower prices, right? ...right? ;)
Sadly probably not given the popularity and market demand. For sure will impact the dealers with markup. Higher cost less buyers, many folks base purchases on discounts. Crystal ball!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Looks that way, The EV 150 will take a bite into it. Ford could look less competitive when it hits. They might have to adjust like another car manufacturer did a while back.
It isn't just the Lightning, the Transit EV will count as well, as well all of the plug in hybrids they are putting out. Best estimates I have seen is that the 200k limit will be hit either Q3 or Q4 in 2022, so the full credit is gone - at the latest - by Q1 2023, then you are in the ramp down.

OP
OP
JSD23

JSD23

First Name
Julius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
Thank you all for the answers. It helps my decision. I already put an order in, but just wanted to make sure I can take advantage of the $7500 tax credit, but I definitely still have to strategize to maximize it.
Sponsored