Totally informal and unscientific poll. Mach E Forum users - Android or iOS?

Forum Members, are you an Android or iOS user?

• Total voters

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I have both iOS and Android users who will be driving the MME

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I did love my Blackberry Curve though.... A part of me still really misses the Blackberry form factor.

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
I'm a macOS and iOS app developer, so all Apple products for me.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
where's the Windows Phone option? ?

also gee I wonder what led to this poll? ??

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm disappointed that so many of the forum's Android users haven't made their way to the polling place at the top of this discussion. Get out the vote.

If you're choosing to abstain because John failed to include the correct option ("I won't admit that I'm an Android user because every fact I reveal about myself boosts the other party's bully narrative about surveillance capitalism"), I totally understand, and I support your decision. ??

PeterL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
("I won't admit that I'm an Android user because every fact I reveal about myself boosts the other party's bully narrative about surveillance capitalism")
In case anybody's in doubt, it's just a case of who you hand your data over to. Apple claims they won't sell your data. But they're more than big enough to monetise it is many other ways.

I had an iPhone for a few months and went back to Android because I couldn't configure the 1990s style static home screen in any way. I put new ROMs on my Android phones before (ones that cut out Google spying code in ways iOS users just cannot do) and the flexibility is amazing. But the really important message is: it doesn't matter. When your spotify/tidal/apple/... music works and so does your maps app, then when you're in the app, you don't notice which system you're using.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
Our Android-based Amazon tablet is the most frustrating thing in the world to use, and I come from a background of phreaking, jailbreaking, hacking, and general nerdiness. I'm just old and don't have time anymore. My nearly-three-year-old, though, has plenty of time and has the thing figured out the way I would have had at 29.

I finally understand why my grandparents left their VCR's flashing 12:00 all the time. They weren't stupid; it's just that other things mattered a whole lot more to them.

I'm a Mac developer as a hobby, and earn about $150 a year from the Mac App Store. Less my developer account, Amazon hosting, and income taxes, I lose about $20 a year. But it's fun.

Plex, Bootcamp for Red Dead 2, MS Access for Eve Online, and I think it's clear that I'm awaiting my Mach E because I'm a nerd rather than the zero amount of environment impact my decision makes.
Sponsored