Touch screen visibility with seat moved up

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
After test driving the MME, my wife commented that she thought the touch screen was difficult to see from her driving position. As background, she's five feet tall so her driving position is pretty far forward. She wished that it was angled more toward the driver. It wasn't an issue in the slightest for me. (Although in all honesty, I'm fine with knobs and buttons.)

Any drivers of a similar height and thoughts on how visible/usable the screen is? She's a frequent radio station changer, so that would likely be her most interaction with the screen when driving.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
After test driving the MME, my wife commented that she thought the touch screen was difficult to see from her driving position. As background, she's five feet tall so her driving position is pretty far forward. She wished that it was angled more toward the driver. It wasn't an issue in the slightest for me. (Although in all honesty, I'm fine with knobs and buttons.)

Any drivers of a similar height and thoughts on how visible/usable the screen is? She's a frequent radio station changer, so that would likely be her most interaction with the screen when driving.
Are there back/forward controls on the steering wheel for changing radio stations?

You can also use your voice for that but I understand that requires more time and effort for the whole installation.

OP
OP

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Are there back/forward controls on the steering wheel for changing radio stations?

You can also use your voice for that but I understand that requires more time and effort for the whole installation.
I'll have to check re any steering wheel controls. The answer may also be streaming more music via CarPlay and less radio...

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

One quick thought (hope this does not offend). My wife is also on the shorter side and always had her seat moved far forward. This resulted in her being quite close to the steering wheel. A while back, a friend in the safety field observed her seat position and noted that she was dangerously close to the airbag if it were to deploy. Our friend said it is very common for shorter people to place their seat too close to the steering wheel. She moved her seat back a bit. She felt uncomfortable at first but, after a few days, felt just fine with her hands extended a bit more than in the past and feels safer now. Just a thought that might or might not be related to your wife's (or anybody's) situation.
Sponsored