malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Some earlier qualitative reports were saying that braking was slow. These are very good stopping distances.
The complaints about the brakes were regarding an unsmooth transition between the regen and standard braking.
Sponsored

Reactions: pb3

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
NOW you tell us! ?

More seriously, the issue is that there were so many videos and articles released at the same time that many simply got lost. Putting them all in one thread makes sense but contributes to having some of the more interesting ones overlooked. The video of the MME with different chargers is another example of how things that deserve attention can be overlooked.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Y has more range and likely much better depreciation. Tesla is light years ahead of anyone else.
Depreciation is done by the buyer who wants to pay less. Since I keep my purchased cars over twenty years, I don't care about depreciation when I sell or give them away.

"Light years" is a measure of distance. It is exactly how far away Tesla is from my home. My Ford dealer is a walk away.

But if you donate a Model Y to me, then my appreciation of Tesla will change. Can I expect one tomorrow morning?

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The complaints about the brakes were regarding an unsmooth transition between the regen and standard braking.
Not the guy who made the first comment, but there were a couple videos who did mention braking distance being long. I think one estimated it at 125. However, I think they were just taking a wild ass guess and they didn’t actually test it. I think it was more of a this car is heavy therefore long braking.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
that will get Motor Trend to finally give the Mach-E the "2011 Car of the Year" award.
I don't think there is any way that the Mach E will get the two thousand and eleven car of the year award.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
I don't think there is any way that the Mach E will get the two thousand and eleven car of the year award.
To be fair it would have totally blown people's minds back then. At that time the ICE Mustang was still 4 years away from getting independent rear suspension or an ecoboost engine, much less going electric!

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
NOW you tell us! ?

More seriously, the issue is that there were so many videos and articles released at the same time that many simply got lost. Putting them all in one thread makes sense but contributes to having some of the more interesting ones overlooked. The video of the MME with different chargers is another example of how things that deserve attention can be overlooked.
This. Everyone please feel free to make a new thread with new reviews / videos / articles deserving its own topic. Not everyone is capable of following every post in the long running threads. ?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Y has more range and likely much better depreciation. Tesla is light years ahead of anyone else.
Tesla has been enjoying an artificial depreciation metric because they took all cars back from Lease and resold at set prices.

No longer going to be the case as the Lease model has been changed. So that depreciation stat Tesla fanboys love to tout, is about to get flushed. The latest Consumer Reports isn't going to help either.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Whenever I see a statement as highlighted above, I become curious. I've posted this before, but maybe if I phrase this correctly I will become better informed.

Is it common knowledge that Tesla only has service centers in 34 states, according to their Dealer Locator? Is that considered "light years ahead"?

https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/services/United States

There are about 130 Tesla dealerships nationwide, Ford has more than that in California alone. See the link. Is that considered "light years ahead"? Or light years behind?

https://www.ford.com/dealerships/dealer-directory/browse-all/

Are we to believe that because a Tesla never breaks down in Wyoming, they don't need to have a service center there?

And so on, ad infinitum.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Track test performance figures for Mach-E Premium AWD EX (by Motor Trend) Capture.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Track test performance figures for Mach-E Premium AWD EX (by Motor Trend) Capture1.JPG

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Is it common knowledge that Tesla only has service centers in 34 states, according to their Dealer Locator? Is that considered "light years ahead"?

https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/services/United States

There are about 130 Tesla dealerships nationwide, Ford has more than that in California alone. See the link. Is that considered "light years ahead"? Or light years behind?

https://www.ford.com/dealerships/dealer-directory/browse-all/

Are we to believe that because a Tesla never breaks down in Wyoming, they don't need to have a service center there?
don't you know Teslas never have problems? so there's no need for service centers.

I learned that from YT so it must be true.

Last edited:

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
don't you know Teslas never have problems? so there's no need to service centers.

I learned that from YT so it must be true.
No, I did not know that. I now consider myself better informed. :)

So Teslas never have any problems? Boy, Ford has "light years" of catching up to do.

It is amazing that people can put out fake news, like this.

Only 42% of customers described their service center experience as “excellent,” vs. 57% last time. Wait times for appointments have grown longer. Similar to our last survey, the service experience was especially weak outside the U.S. Perhaps most concerningly, recent service center users (those that had visited a center in the last 3 months) were less satisfied with their experience, experienced longer wait times for appointments, and had poorer rates of problem resolution — pointing to ongoing strain (and potential underinvestment?) in Tesla’s service network.
And obviously a Chinese hoax below.

In China, Tesla is recalling 29,193 Model S and Model X vehicles that were made in the United States, citing suspension issues that could lead to an accident. The vehicles were built between September 17, 2013, and January 15, 2018, at Tesla's Fremont, California, factory.Nov 28, 2020
But I hear that Tesla is doing an OTA to fix that suspension recall. Amazing!

And then.....

https://www.tesla.com/support/annual-and-recall-service

Light years, (sigh).

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
No, I did not know that. I now consider myself better informed. :)

So Teslas never have any problems? Boy, Ford has "light years" of catching up to do.

It is amazing that people can put out fake news, like this.

And obviously a Chinese hoax below.

But I hear that Tesla is doing an OTA to fix that suspension recall. Amazing!

And then.....

https://www.tesla.com/support/annual-and-recall-service

Light years, (sigh).
THIS IS ALL FAKE NEWS AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME GO ASK ON A TESLA FORUM