Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I ordered my MME on September 24, and my build is scheduled for this week (week of March 7, 2021). Unlike others on this forum, I've never seen a VIN pop up on my order status page in advance of the production of my MME. Is it usual to get the VIN around the time of manufacture? Based on others' experience, is there a good chance I'll get "Shipped" and "ETA" dates by the end of this week?
You'll need your VIN to track your car. Ford does not send you the VIN until it is built but you should see your Window Sticker now. Again, you'll need the VIN to access it. Try the link above. Worked for me. If not, call your dealer and demand it as they can see it.
Sponsored

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Just tried tracking my car and got this message at the
Ford tracker: "We're sorry. We are unable to process that VIN because it is not a valid USA Ford VIN. Please enter a valid VIN."

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
I got my MME last week. Put in the VIN...got message it is not a valid VIN? I triple checked the number to make sure it was correct. Anyone else have this issue?

ndit

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Have my VIN. Car is supposed to be delivered 14-21MAR. Asked the dealer for a look at the VVR today, train is broken down in Nebraska. Says he thinks it'll get here before the end of the month but can't be sure. Sad day.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I got my MME last week. Put in the VIN...got message it is not a valid VIN? I triple checked the number to make sure it was correct. Anyone else have this issue?
Vehicles are removed from the tracking system after they’re delivered.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have my VIN. Car is supposed to be delivered 14-21MAR. Asked the dealer for a look at the VVR today, train is broken down in Nebraska. Says he thinks it'll get here before the end of the month but can't be sure. Sad day.
That sounds made up. I wouldn‘t think “train broken down” is something that would be in the VVR.

ndit

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
That sounds made up. I wouldn‘t think “train broken down” is something that would be in the VVR.
He said the VVR states there's mechanical issues with the Union Pacific transport, which he assumed meant the train was stuck. Current position is Nebraska on the VVR. Who knows? Definitely would welcome the surprise for an on time delivery.

Well, I'll be waiting for it whenever it arrives anyhow. :)

SMDJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Linclon, VW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not working this morning and Ford tracker is now asking for a 4 digit order number that is different from the original "order id". A bit worrisome since this is delivery week for my car and it is nowhere in sight!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not working this morning and Ford tracker is now asking for a 4 digit order number that is different from the original "order id". A bit worrisome since this is delivery week for my car and it is nowhere in sight!
They seem to be going back and forth with the order number requirement. You can get the order number from your window sticker. It's the 4 digit number after the hyphen in the Item# field towards the bottom.

F1Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
My production date on the tracker is 12-03 and currently still showing 'in production'. I see some others Dutch orders with production 13-03 and already showing a shipped date. Just curious why an earlier production date is still not shipped and others are already being shipped. These are all Dutch orders btw, so should follow some logic? Does anyone know why this is?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My production date on the tracker is 12-03 and currently still showing 'in production'. I see some others Dutch orders with production 13-03 and already showing a shipped date. Just curious why an earlier production date is still not shipped and others are already being shipped. These are all Dutch orders btw, so should follow some logic? Does anyone know why this is?
Don't try to figure out the logic. You'll just drive yourself crazy.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My MME was scheduled for production the week of March 7, 2021. Using the VIN tracking tool, the production date is listed as March 13, but as of yesterday it hasn't shown as being shipped yet (I'm a U.S. customer). I'm sure there is at least a week or two delay between production and shipping (due a queue of vehicles awaiting shipment), and an additional lag in the updates to the VIN tracker. I'm not worrying too much about it. I'm just happy that my assembled vehicle exists and that I'll be driving it in the not-too-distant future.
Sponsored