? Track Your Mach-E Order by VIN # and Order #

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The date under Special Order is supposedly the date it is was sent to start the building process. The date at the very bottom is just a weekly update to the sticker which basically doesn't mean anything relevant. Go by the tracker, and if you want more info it has to come from the dealer who has access to more detail.
Sponsored

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Those aren't build dates. For reference, my build week was 1/10. My order was sent to the plant on 1/6, and my production date ended up being 1/19.
Thanks for Clarification. I edited above to state "The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club" because there are about 5 or 6 of us here. But I didn't realize what thread I was in and I don't favor changing the name of the Vin Tracking Thread. Wasn't a serious suggestion to begin with.
I think in another thread, you said once the Window Sticker if printed, that is your "Build Date" not to be confused with "Production Date" which is what, last day of 2 week production?
Thanks for having your car completed on 1/19 so they could start on all of ours printing window stickers on 1/20. Also, I thought your avatar was the front of an Infinite Blue but now I am wondering if it is Infinite Gray under blue lighting. The pictures vary so much.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think in another thread, you said once the Window Sticker if printed, that is your "Build Date" not to be confused with "Production Date" which is what, last day of 2 week production?
Thanks for having your car completed on 1/19 so they could start on all of ours printing window stickers on 1/20. Also, I thought your avatar was the front of an Infinite Blue but now I am wondering if it is Infinite Gray under blue lighting. The pictures vary so much.
The date your window sticker is printed is the date that your order is sent to the plant. The Production Date is the date your car is completed. It seems like the time between those 2 dates has been around 2 weeks lately.

You were correct that my Avatar pic is Infinite Blue. It's under fluorescent lights in a dealership showroom.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
The date your window sticker is printed is the date that your order is sent to the plant. The Production Date is the date your car is completed. It seems like the time between those 2 dates has been around 2 weeks lately.

You were correct that my Avatar pic is Infinite Blue. It's under fluorescent lights in a dealership showroom.
What would be cool if we can go in to the Ford Pass app and "configure our cars" such that we could track them by GPS. I would love to go down to the Rails and shoot a video of the car coming in to Port at PDX, but come to think of it, videos from Mexico loading looks this they are in fully enclosed rail cars.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What would be cool if we can go in to the Ford Pass app and "configure our cars" such that we could track them by GPS. I would love to go down to the Rails and shoot a video of the car coming in to Port at PDX, but come to think of it, videos from Mexico loading looks this they are in fully enclosed rail cars.
Yeah, there were a few people that were able to see the location of their cars in Mexico in the app last month. The theory is that somebody at the factory hit the Accept button on the screen to complete the pairing process. It didn't last though because a master reset seems to be initiated before the cars are put into transport mode for shipping.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Those aren't build dates. For reference, my build week was 1/10. My order was sent to the plant on 1/6, and my production date ended up being 1/19.
General, my three dates are the same as yours. I have not had any emails from Ford for a couple months, how about you?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
General, my three dates are the same as yours. I have not had any emails from Ford for a couple months, how about you?
Same here. I believe the last email I got from Ford was when my build week was assigned. I assume the next email we see will be when our cars ship.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Haha! Just caught up on the last couple pages of this thread after reading the build week 1/24 thread. Thanks for some of that clarification @generaltso - I went back and checked my sticker. My timeline:

Build week email - 1/3
Sent to plant - 12/23
Production - 1/16
Arbitrary date at the bottom of sticker -- 1/20 ?

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
While my window sticker date has changed weekly there have also been changes that coincided with major milestones eg Production date, released date, shipment date, etc.

Nichmurray

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD
Country flag
So, on another thread, one of our members pointed out the Production Date is shown on your window sticker and I got a date that will go down in history, 1/20/2021.
1611344693439.png
My build date..... sadly still sitting at factory.

923AFBE6-C66E-454F-AC65-1E556C91881F.jpeg

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
The date under Special Order is supposedly the date it is was sent to start the building process. The date at the very bottom is just a weekly update to the sticker which basically doesn't mean anything relevant. Go by the tracker, and if you want more info it has to come from the dealer who has access to more detail.
The date at the bottom of my sticker started with Saturday 12/19 and has updated every Saturday. I just now looked at it and it has today's date - not a Saturday. I'm hoping that is a sign that my status will change to in transit today :rolleyes:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The date at the bottom of my sticker started with Saturday 12/19 and has updated every Saturday. I just now looked at it and it has today's date - not a Saturday. I'm hoping that is a sign that my status will change to in transit today :rolleyes:
The status change to in transit just means: more waiting....