Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the railcar number (AOK 501921) from the dealer Vehicle Visibility system. Last entry was 2/10, date shipped, indicating at Ramp 5J at the factory. This rail system is the Kansas City Southern de Mexico, but apparently has no tracing/tracking online access. Also, U.S. railcar numbering system is 4 Alphas and 6 Numeric. This railcar has only 3 Alphas. I hear it takes 14 days +/- for the Mexico-KC journey, and undoubtedly longer due to the Texas weather last week.

Anyone have any better info or insight?
Sponsored

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I have the railcar number (AOK 501921) from the dealer Vehicle Visibility system. Last entry was 2/10, date shipped, indicating at Ramp 5J at the factory. This rail system is the Kansas City Southern de Mexico, but apparently has no tracing/tracking online access. Also, U.S. railcar numbering system is 4 Alphas and 6 Numeric. This railcar has only 3 Alphas. I hear it takes 14 days +/- for the Mexico-KC journey, and undoubtedly longer due to the Texas weather last week.

My Mexico to KC railcar# was KSC+6 digits. Got the railcar # from VV (dealer).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
From what we know, there is not much public tracking available for the segment from the plant to KC and even dealers VV does not apparently show more details for that segment. so just need to wait.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

I am rather intrigued. My car, coming to UK, is hopefully shipping from Veracruz. @hybrid2bev kindly found my VIN on your US VV and my car was put onto railcar number AOK501627 from ramp 5J on 2/11, presumably going to Veracruz. Given that you live in Texas, could it be that your car MIGHT be going by sea? Either that or mine is on it's way to KC :mad:

OP
OP

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am rather intrigued. My car, coming to UK, is hopefully shipping from Veracruz. @hybrid2bev kindly found my VIN on your US VV and my car was put onto railcar number AOK501627 from ramp 5J on 2/11, presumably going to Veracruz. Given that you live in Texas, could it be that your car MIGHT be going by sea? Either that or mine is on it's way to KC :mad:
Your railcar number is different. I'm certain my railcar is headed to Kansas City as all North American cars go, then transfer to the final rail or truck to the destination. With yours on a railcar I must assume they are using rail to get to the ocean port at Veracruz. Makes sense?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Your railcar number is different. I'm certain my railcar is headed to Kansas City as all North American cars go, then transfer to the final rail or truck to the destination. With yours on a railcar I must assume they are using rail to get to the ocean port at Veracruz. Makes sense?
I realize my railcar number was different. The point I was trying to make was that yours was very similar (AOK501...)so that shipping to port and then to Texas by sea might have been an option. @buffasnow said his rail car started with KSC. I was just trying to give you, as you requested, a reason why you might not be able to track your car.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Is it normal for a vin that just entered production a couple of days ago to already show in palsapp? It looks like the freight bill is showing two used F150s as well.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tracking from Mexico to Kansas City Palsapp_LI