Trade MME Premium ER AWD for GT?

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
So I have owned my MME since early June (order placed in Dec 2020) and have put ~9400 miles on it. I live near Charlotte and have seen very few if any MME's around. Today I pulled into my local grocery (Fort Mill Harris Teeter) and there was a MME GT in Cyber Orange. Damn good looking ride. Got me to thinking about what I might do to upgrade. Checked and I have a X-Plan access - yup. Went to Carmax and they made me an offer of $54,000. Mine is Star White with the Grey interior (which my wife prefers over the black). I have a second vehicle to drive so I could do without if required. A local dealer has a GT in stock Star White but without Blue Cruise. I think I am going to pull the trigger and sell mine but wanted some feedback on not having BC (mine does not currently have it). It seems like a slam dunk decision to sell my car with almost 10,000 miles on it for $2000 less than I paid for it before the tax considerations. I have enough tax liability to take another if I bought another. From a financial standpoint a GT with the color and panoramic roof that I want is a wash almost. Feedback?
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you and your wife are comfortable with the finances and she indulges you with trading up, then I think you should do it. I actually find BlueCruise to be more trouble than it's worth because it will not hold for long before asking me to take over.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I have owned my MME since early June (order placed in Dec 2020) and have put ~9400 miles on it. I live near Charlotte and have seen very few if any MME's around. Today I pulled into my local grocery (Fort Mill Harris Teeter) and there was a MME GT in Cyber Orange. Damn good looking ride. Got me to thinking about what I might do to upgrade. Checked and I have a X-Plan access - yup. Went to Carmax and they made me an offer of $54,000. Mine is Star White with the Grey interior (which my wife prefers over the black). I have a second vehicle to drive so I could do without if required. A local dealer has a GT in stock Star White but without Blue Cruise. I think I am going to pull the trigger and sell mine but wanted some feedback on not having BC (mine does not currently have it). It seems like a slam dunk decision to sell my car with almost 10,000 miles on it for $2000 less than I paid for it before the tax considerations. I have enough tax liability to take another if I bought another. From a financial standpoint a GT with the color and panoramic roof that I want is a wash almost. Feedback?
we had a chance to grab a GTPE at our dealers, which we didn’t turn down because our 6 month order had changed so many times on a Premium and we were tired of waiting. My husband was thrilled.
the things to think about are whether you are willing to subtract 30-40 miles off your range, and is BC important to you. ours did not have it, but I am happy trusting my own driving skills? the magnaride is excellent, although adding that its almost too fast For our own good?, and other than wishing for better mileage we are very happy we got lucky Obtaining it msrp. The one thing we had to give up was the panorama window, but I was ok not having to worry about the recall. And of course a new order is another long wait. But there may be some still around at dealers.
good luck, and have fun.

there seems to be quite a bit of trading up going on, so why not?

DrSteveBrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Do what makes you happy, IMO. I think it's somewhat criminal that the GT doesn't have BlueCruise standard. I still wonder whether BlueCruise will be (more) valuable at some point in the future. It will never be Tesla Autopilot because the hardware isn't there and Ford won't make the software investment. If you don't do a lot of highway driving, maybe it won't ever be particularly valuable to you. I've seen a grabber blue GT and it didn't do anything for me aesthetically from the outside, but I think that's primarily because that would not be the color I would choose in any trim. I did prefer the GT's seats and suede trim. I care 0% about going faster than 5 seconds 0-60.

If I could find a Select SR RWD, that's maybe the route I would go. They just aren't out there.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I wouldn't let BlueCruise stop me. I bought it just for entertainment value; it won't be reliable for practical use anytime soon, if ever.

I'd say the Premium is a great car, if you're happy with it, why not keep it? If you really want to try the GT, then that's also a great car. Either way, you can't go wrong.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
BlueCruise is less of an issue for me... but the lack of the 360 camera is almost a deal breaker. I believe that only is bundled wit the BC/Co-Pilot package.

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I bought a gtpe without the pano roof or blue cruise because I could get it without an adm and I got a great deal on my trade in. I didn’t have a 360 camera before, it doesn’t bother me to not have one now.

I would trade up in a heartbeat.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
BlueCruise is less of an issue for me... but the lack of the 360 camera is almost a deal breaker. I believe that only is bundled wit the BC/Co-Pilot package.
I am getting a lot of schmutz on my cameras which makes the 360 view a better idea than in reality.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This ^^^ That's why. Deal breaker.

OP
OP

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
After thinking it over I have come to a plan of going ahead and selling my MME and placing an order for a GT with BC. Does anyone know if the all weather protection is the same in both cars? I was thinking of keeping my all weather mats and putting them in the GT.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
After thinking it over I have come to a plan of going ahead and selling my MME and placing an order for a GT with BC. Does anyone know if the all weather protection is the same in both cars? I was thinking of keeping my all weather mats and putting them in the GT.
The mats are the same. I got the 3D Maxpider floor mats, and they're awesome.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I'm in a similar boat as yourself, but looking to get the GT PE. @markboris did a great comparison between the 2 and his excellent reply to me convinced me that the GT PE will solve the bouncy suspension, which is the only thing I hate about the MME right now.

I don't think it is worth doing if you are just getting a GT, but, then again, if you can get one with no real money out of pocket, just cash from the gov, I'd do it.

I currently can sell mine for about $53k/$54k but have to check CarMax as I only have 3k miles. That would net me back almost all the cash I put down. If I take both fed tax credits ($15k) and the $2k California rebate, plus the GT/GT PE only has a 1.4% interest rate on Ford options, my payment will be super close to the same. It would basically cost me $2k "out of pocket" that I don't get reimbursed for to get a GT PE. You'll actually come out ahead getting the normal GT, but should really try and find a GT PE to check out, too!

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I completely agree. It's personal preference, but now that I have the 360 camera, you have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. It's so incredibly useful to prevent scrating the rim or parking in the city and the front camera washer is surprisingly useful in winter climates.

I haven't received the Blue Cruise update yet so I have the regular ADS and find it very useful during my commute. Does the GT still have the regular ADS?

Is the model you are looking to get the GT PE or just the regular GT? My understanding is the regular GT isn't hugely different than the Premium extended range except for the seats and a little extra power. The suspension is the same, the seats do look nicer though.

I'd just look closely at what comes equipped with the GT and then see if the loss of some features is worth it.

OP
OP

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
My suspension has definitely toned down probably after 8,000 miles. I will essentially be getting the same vehicle as my premium in the GT trim. BC, 360, pano roof etc. I decided to order as I did not have expectations on getting one from a canceled order. With the tax credit, X plan it looks like it will cost me $3500 to gain a model year and get the odometer back to 0 from 9500 currently. The benefits will be the hp, different seats and another year of production to work out any kinks. Mine has been fabulous and no need to see a dealer in the six months I have owned it. I was planning to go in for the recalls but now I don't have to do that even.

The MME is probably the best car I have ever owned and I could not see being without one in my garage. It will be hard six months waiting for the new one but it just made too much sense. I could have just upgraded to the same model but I really put myself in the position of saying "what would I get if I did not have one" and the GT was the answer. Realistically, Carmax is paying me $5000 to drive my current MME for six months and 10,000 miles.
Sponsored