Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
BlueCruise worked great on over 5 hours of highway driving between San Jose and Roseville and back this last weekend. In 5 hours, I had my hands on the steering wheel about 15 minutes total. Best feature was in stop and go traffic around Sacto, car would slow, come to a complete stop, and restart following the car ahead with no input from me. I had the speed set at 75 and it would go right back up to that if the cars ahead started moving. Note, my daughter has a Tesla 3 with the $10K FSD package and feels that she was cheated. The MME has a radar in the front that really seems to make a big difference (tesla has one, but they turned it off . . . thanks, Elon). Following curves, I noticed less searching than I did in my daughters' car. The only time it asked me to take the wheel was when the stripes disappeared on one side or another. Loved it.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I thought the Mach-E has a good turning radius. I can easily make a u-turn from a parked position on a two lane road that has street parking on both sides. Lots of vehicles would need this to be a three-point turn.
All depends on what you compare it with. AWD is always going to need more than RWD but the tires are not exactly a fat section width for its size and class it average. I can't turn around in my road which is a standard width residential street around my way without a 3 point turn or using a neighbors driveway to miss the curb as to do it in one, the neighborhood id.4 and polestar2 have no such problems, mind you the id.4 is RWD so thats not really a far comparison.

Reactions: ARK

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Got to try Bluecruise again yesterday and it was pretty impressive actually. Drove about 20miles and back on 2 highways and it stayed engaged the entire time, the only exceptions being the on/off ramps and interchanges between highways. Would be great if it offered lane change capability - if not automatic, then at least manually initiated. Wondering just how far they can take Bluecruise on just the cameras alone. Supercruise vehicles have Lidar I believe.
On my 1,750-mile drive to bring my GTPE home last week, BlueCruise worked great on long freeway legs. I find it very useful to decrease fatigue on long trips.

Having owned a Tesla Model 3 for two years, my sense is that BlueCruise works better than Tesla's enhanced autopilot. I never sprang for the "Full Self-Driving" upgrade because it didn't seem ready for prime time or worth $10K-$12K extra...

Last edited:

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
All depends on what you compare it with. AWD is always going to need more than RWD but the tires are not exactly a fat section width for its size and class it average. I can't turn around in my road which is a standard width residential street around my way without a 3 point turn or using a neighbors driveway to miss the curb as to do it in one, the neighborhood id.4 and polestar2 have no such problems, mind you the id.4 is RWD so thats not really a far comparison.
Comparing it to my Porsche Cayenne GTS, same turning radius. I can turn the MME around in our residential street in a single loop without making a 3-point turn. I don't think our street is wider than normal, it was built in 1915 in Willow Glen (now San Jose). The MME does have a better turning radius than my daughter's Tesla 3. I have found the handling of the car to be excellent, the only complaint from my wife is that it is rougher over bad road than my Porsche which is a little unfair as it has full Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and I turn it to "Comfort" when my wife is riding. On "Sport" the Porsche and the MME feel about the same, which is a better comparison as the MME GT is tuned as a sports suspension.

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The IBSM GT club is very limited and special. . . since Ford discontinued the color for 2023. Only 2022's will have the color. The replacement blue color is not as attractive. I like this color because it reminds me of my first Mustang, a 1966 silver one.

samuelharper

First Name
samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Even though my response is a bit belated, I’d like to thank you for sharing your experience and the detailed comparison between the Mach-E GTP and the Tesla Model Y. It's incredibly helpful to hear insights from someone who's had hands-on experience with both these vehicles, especially for someone like me who's a bit of a novice when it comes to these matters. On a personal note, I recently got my hands on a Tesla model too, and decided to spruce it up with some tesla model y accessories to give it a boost in performance, reliability, and safety. So far, I'm really stoked about my choice, and your post has definitely added more layers to my understanding. Your insights are invaluable, and I appreciate you taking the time to lay it all out.

Last edited:

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Got a Tesla Y LR 2023 this week, here is a comparison to the 2022 MME Premium Awd.

What's different/better than MME:
Ride quality, Phone App, geo location based parking niceties like auto folding mirrors. Ride quality feels more like a normal car than riding on waves like MME. The glass roof is IRR, so doesn't fry my head. Screen is more responsive. The front seats are on a riser, so rear passenger has lot of leg room.

Have the free FSD for 3 months, has a mind of it's own, imagines objects via Tesla vision, during rain you need to take over, it cannot even brake by itself. Happened to me on day 1. Tries to slow down on approaching Green light. Attempted to take turns where it should not due to missing lines. I would not trust Tesla Vision.

So far range is iffy. The car does keep itself cool based on settings.

The car has significant noise issue that's it's gone for service and they agree it shouldn't be this bad😞

What's better in MME:
The windshield has IRR.
Blue cruise 1.0 - very stable I drove close to 2k miles long trip with probably 100 miles where I might have touched the steering.

Driving, the steering in MME is much better. Drive modes in MME are much better, MY has very aggressive braking. MME has Predictable range once you get used to it. Much less road noise than MY.

Hope this helps someone.

Right now a lot of folks who had M3 with FSD are upgrading bcoz of the Amnesty plan that Tesla has. So they will surely sell more cars than every other company.

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 Boxster S,(prior M3P,Mach E,Taycan), 23 Plaid S
Country flag
Even though my response is a bit belated, I’d like to thank you for sharing your experience and the detailed comparison between the Mach-E GTP and the Tesla Model Y. It's incredibly helpful to hear insights from someone who's had hands-on experience with both these vehicles, especially for someone like me who's a bit of a novice when it comes to these matters. On a personal note, I recently got my hands on a Tesla model too, and decided to spruce it up with some tesla model y accessories to give it a boost in performance, reliability, and safety. So far, I'm really stoked about my choice, and your post has definitely added more layers to my understanding. Your insights are invaluable, and I appreciate you taking the time to lay it all out.
While on the surface this appears a normal "thank you" post, you then go off the rails to what looks like just an advertisement for junk to bling up a Tesla . None of that stuff will give a boost in performance, reliability, or safety, though it might add some utility along with the bling.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
While on the surface this appears a normal "thank you" post, you then go off the rails to what looks like just an advertisement for junk to bling up a Tesla . None of that stuff will give a boost in performance, reliability, or safety, though it might add some utility along with the bling.
Good call.

You found an AI bot.

They’re definitely getting more sneaky these days. But their only post is an advertisement with a link to another website? Shady shady.
Sponsored