Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I own our bought-new 2012 Kona Blue (Gosh I'd love a Mach-E in that color!) 2012 GT, with just over 60,000 miles on the odo. She was ordered in June of 2011, she was built in the late summer of 2011, and we picked her up on September 1, 2011.
It was my first Mustang but I owned a 1994 Crown Victoria and have moved up to a newer 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. And my wife drives her Expedition EL, so we are indeed a full-on Ford Family of Fine Cars!

For me the Mach-E was a no-brainer. I had a Model 3 Reserved but got my money refunded once the Model Y was unveiled. I was going to and still would buy a Model Y, Tesla is the Bar Setter and the bar is set very high with respect to their battery tech (their capacitor tech, see videos on their purchase of Maxwell Capacitors), computer processors, and autonomous driving... but I don't want to get in to that debate here.
I was prepared to buy a Model Y but then!!!!!!!! Ford came out with the Mach-E!!!! So, being a Ford Man (ever since the 09 Bailouts and Ford not taking any money from the Feds, God I hope they don't go belly up now... things are not looking that good) I have now set my sites on having two Mustangs in the stable in about two years.
I've wanted an EV and now that Ford has one available on such a storied platform proves to me that they are in it to win it and they would not bet the Mustang Brand on a half-a**ed attempt at a EV.
I love the Mach-E name and when it blows the doors off ICE Mustangs from a stop light, they too will see it's cut from the same cloth of performance we've all come to expect from a Mustang.
My rezzy is 14670!

And just because I want to say it, my parent own a 1965 Mustang Convertible. Sweet!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I own our bought-new 2012 Kona Blue (Gosh I'd love a Mach-E in that color!) 2012 GT
That would be so gorgeous on the E. I know I repeat myself but I am frankly mystified by the color palette; it's almost as if they had a group meeting to pick among several different choices of silver/gray and couldn't decide which - so put them all in the palette. If they truly did consult the Mustang team, they must not have done so regarding the colors.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
First car was a red 1967 mustang convertible 289 that I refurbished, got me through high school and college. Torn between the space white (if it is a light metallic gray) and the red. We were going to get a Model 3 but cancelled the order right before production started, after the Mach E was revealed. With so many of the Teslas around here it was just not exciting anymore, and the nostalgia I have for getting a vehicle with the pony on the front made us wait (even if it is just related to a "real mustang.") Difficult to put down that much cash on a vehicle that doesn't check all the boxes anymore.

Last edited:

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1st 1966 Mustang coupe 6Cyl
2nd 1966 Mustang convertable A-code
3rd 2001 Mustang coupe 6cyl
4th 1966 Mustang Convertible C-Code ( still own) show car

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I bought my first Ford 3 years ago but not a Mustang. I love many things about it and appreciate the performance of the ECO V6 Twin turbo including the fairly good MPG for such a large vehicle. I have always love the looks of a Mustang but never liked 2 door cars (I have never owned one). I believe because it is a Mustang that the performance and handling with be great. I do plan on keeping my current Ford. I also had 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid; it is very close to electric car as the electric motor drives the wheels most of time in local driving. I loved the car but wanted an SUV.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This will be my first Mustang. My wife and I bought a Taurus wagon in the early 90s when our daughter was a toddler and safety and family transport was our goal. Ford's "Quality is Job One" mantra came a little later and I'm sure hoping it holds for the Mach E. Lots of things started breaking at about 65K miles on that Taurus.

I remember when the Mustang first came out when I was a kid and my first Hot Wheels was a Mustang, part of the original 16 released. I'm looking forward to the start of a new legend.

Deleted member 367

I had a 1986 GT and a 2004 GT, currently driving a 2015 GT. Selling the latest one for the Mach-E GT.

I don't think the Mach-E is a Mustang. It's a cool electric crossover.
I agree with that. I reserved one the first hour at the LA Auto show, even though my only Mustang ownership experience was a '66 - good to look at but rather poor mechanically to be honest.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
2002 GT convertible, Red, only 40k miles on it. Great car for weekend drives in the mountains or along the ocean. Debating whether to keep it or sell it when I get the Mach-E. Upgraded to Flowmasters and great looking wheels and tires a couple of years ago. Daily driver now is an EV. When I get the Mach-E, my wife may use it as her daily driver, leaving me in my current EV!

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
I dont know, as I read it, the GT Performence edition is just another name for the GT. GT by nature, is performence.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
I have reserved a Mach-E but plan on keeping my 2015 Mustang convertible 50 year anniversary package as well.
Cannot imagine Mach-E ever replacing a convertible/coupe. That said, an SUV is a lovely vehicle as well. Enjoy them all.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I had a white 1990 Mustang GT for 5 years, a long 25 years ago now. Had considered buying a mid to late 60's mustang a while back, but never did it. As soon as I saw the Mach E, I knew this was the time to get back to a Mustang. Can't wait for that Mach E GT...?

Dean Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport, 2016 Mini Cooper S
Country flag
I've owned around a 1/2 dozen Mustangs in the last 20 years, plus raced a few.
Do I think the Mach E should be branded a Mustang, no.
Am I ticked off or mad that it's called a Mustang, no again.
Am I surprised that Mustang loyalists are pissed off because of the name, no once again. Those that are baffled that the purists have an issue with it really don't have a clue. What do you think would happen if Harley Davidson would suddenly ditch their V-twin and started putting in in-line 4 motors? It really is the same thing. People are passionate about different things and when that passion is messed with, they get ticked. Who ever said that passion was logical?

Although I don't understand why they had to put it under the Mustang name, it's their neck on the line and not mine. I'd be hard pressed to find someone that would not have bought it if it had any other name than Mustang and yet there are a group that won't buy it because it's call a Mustang. Seems to me they are loosing more than they are gaining. In reality, why should anyone care what they call it. It should be bought or not bought on it's own merits. The whole discussion about the name is almost comical.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I'd be hard pressed to find someone that would not have bought it if it had any other name than Mustang and yet there are a group that won't buy it because it's call a Mustang. Seems to me they are loosing more than they are gaining. In reality, why should anyone care what they call it.
I'm not sure I'd be anywhere near as interested in this car if it had another name other than Mustang. I really like most of what they did with the Mustang styling and having that name made it VERY CLEAR Ford was serious about making this car a winner. Some generic name and styling for the same car wouldn't mean I'd have no interest, but I doubt I would have anywhere near the passion to really want this car and put money down without ever even seeing it in person.

I think that Ford giving it the name and passion of Mustang absolutely put this car on the EV map like no other name could have done.
Sponsored