Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Well...... it's official. I will be having a Carbonized Gray Mach E Mustang in my driveway by the end of this year. Hopefully right before Christmas. Our 2017 Mustang GT Convertible will have company for the holidays. No longer waiting for the email to come. It is done. Next emails are for the status of the vehicle as it is moving thru the assembly and delivery process.
Three more months.
Patience.!!!!
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
They have made EV's badged as fusion, c-max, focus, and even escape. None of them ever sold well, and were clearly viewed by both buyers and Ford as compliance vehicles. Putting a mustang badge on the MACH-E certainly reflects on how seriously they are about BEVs, and more importantly they have taken styling cues from the coupe that make this car just look so much better than an ordinary CUV.

As for loss/gain, there are far more people interested in a sporty CUV than a 2 door coupe - just look at the sales figures. Ford sold 830,000 SUV's last year despite the screwup with the Explorer, which means they sold almost as many SUV's per month as the annual total of mustangs (72000). Even if they could get every diehard V8 owner interested in an electric car, that is a minority of car buyers. The far bigger market are those who demand practical 4-door vehicles but want sporty and fun if they can get it - which a mustang CUV delivers.

I love mustangs and always have. The brand has to evolve to reality if it is to thrive. I'm saying this as someone who drove a mustang for 12 years with 2 elementary through high school aged kids.
The hybrid and PHEV version(s) of the above vehicle were also hindered by limited supplies of battery packs and transmissions. The 2005+ Escape Hybrid had a battery pack from Sanyo and an e-CVT from Asian AW both based in Japan. Then the Mariner Hybrid (which former President Clinton obtained-but did he really drive it or was it just a PR statement as Kerry-President OBama-Edwards also obtain a Ford built Hybrid SUV), Mazda SUV, Fusion Hybrid were added to the limited supply of battery packs and e-CVT transmissions. There is also a royalty that Ford had to pay to Toyota for developing their hybrid system on the Toyota hybrid system.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The hybrid and PHEV version(s) of the above vehicle were also hindered by limited supplies of battery packs and transmissions. The 2005+ Escape Hybrid had a battery pack from Sanyo and an e-CVT from Asian AW both based in Japan. Then the Mariner Hybrid (which former President Clinton obtained-but did he really drive it or was it just a PR statement as Kerry-President OBama-Edwards also obtain a Ford built Hybrid SUV), Mazda SUV, Fusion Hybrid were added to the limited supply of battery packs and e-CVT transmissions. There is also a royalty that Ford had to pay to Toyota for developing their hybrid system on the Toyota hybrid system.
Sure, but an escape BEV or a fusion BEV still doesn't really capture your attention. To paraphrase the mayor in Jaws, when you say "Fusion BEV" people say "what?". When you say "Electric Mustang" you really get people's attention.

RonG

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade, 2018 MB GLC AMG 43. Previously owned Mustangs: 1965 hardtop, 1967 Fastback, 1966 Fastback
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have owned 3 Mustangs in the past. My first was a 1965 hardtop, 6 cylinder, 3 speed. I purchased it in the fall of 1965; just a few months after graduating from high school. It was a demo unit driven by the local Ford dealers wife. The '66s had just came out. It was poppy red in colour. I always preferred the fastback style and of course a V-8 would be nice, so 2 years later when I had the chance to buy a 1967 fastback with a 289 automatic, I purchased it. The 1968 models had just came out and the owner wanted a new Torino. The '67 was the car I was still driving when I met my wife-to-be and so our first car when married. It too was red in colour. I sold it in about 1971.
Fast-forward to 1985 and I decided to buy another; the 1966 fastback pictured in my profile. It was a 289 - 4 speed with factory disc brakes. I had a complete restoration done on it and added several performance and GT options. I kept it for about 10 years and sold it when we decided to buy a bigger boat so used the Mustang sale proceeds to buy the boat.
Now that I am retired and still enjoy performance vehicles (currently own a 2018 MB GLC-AMG 43 SUV), plus am very interested in owning a BEV, I think the idea of a Mustang EV SUV has followed my life style very conveniently. Now if I can persuade my wife to think the same! I am definitely looking forward to test driving one and see what happens.

OP
OP

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I should have included a picture in my first post:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Traditional Mustangs and Mach-E Ownership Mustangs

nivlem

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 Mustang;'79 Mustang;2015 Genesis;2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bought two Mustangs new and still own them both. I have a 1966, 289 V8, 3 Spd Manual and a 1979 2.3 Liter 4cyl, 4 Spd Manual that I converted to a 3.8 Liter V6, 5 Spd Manual. Love driving both of them

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I had an I4 Mustang; I think it was a 2018MY. Red. Convertible. Not really nice as a daily driver. I'm guessing my Mach E will be superior in every way.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I have always admired First generation Mustang and Fourth through current generation, but I have never owned a Ford. Have had Pontiacs, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota Prius and then I went electric with Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt and a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Mach E will be my first Mustang and first Ford and yet the purists would deny me the name Mustang. My question would be after the Second generation Mustang was put on a Pinto platform, why are you making such a stink about Mach E bearing the Mustang name?

Blue Mach E.png

JBaird

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
PXL_20210726_005200472.jpg
We enjoy both out 20 GT and our Mach E.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Had a 2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT, besides the SRA (solid rear axle), great ride and miss it dearly (had to sell it because - newborn). Grew up with family members having a Mustang or related car. Now waiting for our MME to arrive!

Dad - '88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (Fox platform)
Aunt - '93 Mustang GT HB, '96 Mustang GT, and '04 Mustang GT
Uncle - '83 Merc Capri (Fox)

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have owned 3 Mustangs including my current 2007. It's not that the Mach-e is electric, electric power train is fine. It's the fact that Mach-e is a SUV instead of a 2 door sports coupe. I already have a SUV as my daily car. So, I'll wait.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Traditional Mustangs and Mach-E Ownership 1628109279540

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I spec’d out my mom’s 1994 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible. She doesn’t own it any more because my sister borrowed it and totaled it in a rain storm. Sh was enthused when I told her I was getting an MME GT-PE. I hope she lives to get a ride in it.
Sponsored