Traffic deaths? Whose to blame? I still say a substitute for the flawed human brain behind the wheel won’t be easy.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
That's just government bureaucrats trying to get more money and power. "The Atlantic" -- the finest fake news source you can find ?
This topic has been researched for decades. The best theory that explains the phenomena is the Risk Homeostasis. In two words, the fatalities (statistically) are determined by the human perception of risk/reward, as humans don't minimize risks, they seek the optimal amount of risk.

The so called FSD (a better name, Full Self Killing) was a scam from the very beginning. It's shouldn't be legal allowing that experiment going on our streets. ()

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That's just government bureaucrats trying to get more money and power. "The Atlantic" -- the finest fake news source you can find ?
This topic has been researched for decades. The best theory that explains the phenomena is the Risk Homeostasis. In two words, the fatalities (statistically) are determined by the human perception of risk/reward, as humans don't minimize risks, they seek the optimal amount of risk.

The so called FSD (a better name, Full Self Killing) was a scam from the very beginning. It's shouldn't be legal allowing that experiment going on our streets. ()
Maybe the smartest thing Ford did with Bluecruise was to make it highway use only.

What possible reason would there be to be self driving in a parking lot? Boulders, shopping carts, pedestrians, curbs, too many factors for the car to do a better job than you.

Anyone use or need cruise control in a parking lot? I think not.

Same goes for city streets. I don’t trust my car to make the decision to hit the bicyclist or swerve into oncoming traffic or wait for a clearing to pass.

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag

Our counties, states, federal governments own 99% of highways. They can legislate any thing to protect people from their own stupidity.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Our counties, states, federal governments own 99% of highways. They can legislate any thing to protect people from their own stupidity.
If you live in North Korea or Cuba then I totally understand that sentiment. But in US we have Constitution, and three branches of government, neither having totalitarian powers. And we don't allow corrupt politicians deciding who is smart and who is stupid.

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
If you live in North Korea or Cuba then I totally understand that sentiment. But in US we have Constitution, and three branches of government, neither having totalitarian powers. And we don't allow corrupt politicians deciding who is smart and who is stupid.
We can control our public rights of way highways to preserve life. Currently, many deaths are ascribed to “accidents” when in reality they are human error. I’d much prefer humans aware as good drivers than AI. Alas AI will eventually rule because humans have a stupidity quotient which is pretty obvious.
Sponsored