Trip meter - Not starting from 0(locked car)

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Noticed that my mpkwh was "double" on the return leg, of a round trip.

So if I make a 6.4 mile round trip with a short stopover. The return trip, would start at 3.2, not at 0. This messes up distance traveled and fuel efficiency. The same erroneous data is also logged in FordPass.

There is at least a 15min gap between the forward and return journeys, and the car is completely locked and shutdown.

Looking at FordPass logs, this issue started around July 2nd.

I've not made any changes, nor have I received any updates. Software is at version 2.8.3.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Pravin
Sponsored

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, this happens occasionally.
if the vehicle is turned off, then back on, “this trip” should then start from 0 miles.
Don’t know the software logic causing this intermittent problem……. Bill P

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
The "this trip" mileage often does not reset, which is a frustrating bug for Ford to not yet have resolved. If m/kwh is also not resetting, that would be a new problem. I have seen that in accessory mode but thus far m/kwh and time consistently reset on full power up.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
The "this trip" mileage often does not reset, which is a frustrating bug for Ford to not yet have resolved. If m/kwh is also not resetting, that would be a new problem. I have seen that in accessory mode but thus far m/kwh and time consistently reset on full power up.
Hi there. This trip mileage concern doesn't sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This has been a problem since Day 1. They'll fix it eventually probably. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it happens. Don't bother messaging the ford bot the dealer can't fix it.

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi there. This trip mileage concern doesn't sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I have the same problem once a while so I calculate it out on my own for now I figure Ford will get it figured out

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This has been a problem since Day 1. They'll fix it eventually probably. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it happens. Don't bother messaging the ford bot the dealer can't fix it.
Can confirm

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Agree.

Simple work around - press the start button without pressing the brake pedal, then in a few seconds start the car normally. It reliably resets the trip odometer.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Agree.

Simple work around - press the start button without pressing the brake pedal, then in a few seconds start the car normally. It reliably resets the trip odometer.
Good to know, thanks for this information.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Agree.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Trip meter - Not starting from 0(locked car) 03c23275-7fcf-4197-baf7-a83323d6bc63_text (1)

OP
OP

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree.

Looks like we need a bugs and workarounds FAQ, published via a fordbugs.com website.
Sponsored