Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I drove a leg of the Blue Ridge Parkway last weekend and thought I'd share some of the details in case anyone else wanted to make the trip.

I charged to 80% at the Circle K just off I-77, it's 50kW and only has one stall, but was open when I went. Then got on the BRP near the VA boarder. I stayed on it for about 60 miles before getting off on US-421. I was initially worried about my range/efficiency; it's a slow road but lots of elevation changes. Once I stopped worrying it was a great way to spend a Saturday morning. There isn't any charging along the parkway itself, but there's level 2 pretty close in either direction once you get off.

As for the range/efficiency... I charged to 80%, was at 70% before I got on (the roads getting there are pretty fun to drive), and was at about 50% when I got off with an average of 3.3 mi/kWh. The temps were in the mid/upper 40's.

All in all, it was a great time. I've lived in NC for 9 years now and this was the first time I had made this drive. I'm thinking this might be a spring/fall tradition going forward.

Trip Details

Ford Mustang Mach-E Trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway 1619008054968

Ford Mustang Mach-E Trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway 1619008073497