Trouble getting Android Auto to work on your 2021 Mustang Mach E?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Can you explain how that app works and how you can play videos on the big screen?
VLC is simply a very functional media player. It works by finding media on your phone (or streaming if you have a direct URL) and plays it back on your phone.

I had discovered that it shows up via Android Auto; so you can pull it up that way. I wasn't able to try any videos, however, since I didn't have any on my phone at the time. I'm guessing it would be pretty choppy as it would have to transmit the frames to the big screen.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I saw an article posted this morning that Ford and Google are aware of this issue and are working on solutions. Google will issue a workaround in their Android Auto 6.1 update which will be out in the next couple of weeks. And Ford will be issuing a fix as an update. It seems the issue is related to Android 11 and Sync 4. Check out the below article:

Android Auto 6.1 to Include Highly Anticipated Fix for Bug Caused by Android 11 - autoevolution
I have a basic question.... what does Android Auto do for us? i.e. why do we want to set it up?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the article. Nice to be able to use Android Auto wirelessly without hassle.

It will set itself up if you have an Android phone and you plug it in to the car.
If you have an iphone then don't worry about it. Carplay works well.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Realize this is an older thread, but today, for no apparent reason I cannot get Android Auto to connect. It worked yesterday - not sure what happened. I have a Pixel 6. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the phone in the car, I have restarted the phone, cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app. Nothing. My phone is on the list in the car, I choose Connect Android Auto, Enable wireless app projection. Android Auto comes up on the phone then the car says " Connection Failed". Not sure what other things to try.. grrr. Have a day trip today and this won't work and Ford Navigation not working either. Not loving technology at the moment

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Realize this is an older thread, but today, for no apparent reason I cannot get Android Auto to connect. It worked yesterday - not sure what happened. I have a Pixel 6. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the phone in the car, I have restarted the phone, cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app. Nothing. My phone is on the list in the car, I choose Connect Android Auto, Enable wireless app projection. Android Auto comes up on the phone then the car says " Connection Failed". Not sure what other things to try.. grrr. Have a day trip today and this won't work and Ford Navigation not working either. Not loving technology at the moment
I've had that happen on occasion. Usually solved by a sync screen reboot and/or plugging in with USB

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I also have a pixel 6 pro and I have a problem with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turning on and off. There's a problem with the phone and I think it should be fixed in the next update but I'm certainly not thrilled with my Pixel after giving up my Samsung s20 to my husband.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I am wondering if it's the phone and not the car. I'm going to let them both sit quietly for a couple of days while I work from home. Maybe it will self correct with a couple days off ?

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Android Auto decided to work today. As if yesterday never happened ?

mh58

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME P4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've had a similar wireless AA issue, and after many combinations the best is a reboot for Sync4 seems to work the best for me. It does seem to maintain connection well after that. This appears to have gotten worse since I had my recall and software updates done. As for the WiFi signal dropping when driving by WiFi hotspots .. well that is a different gremlin.
Sponsored